watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

how pleasing is it....

Started by jarv, September 19, 2022, 09:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

To see us above Chelsea, Liverpool and moneybags Newcastle. Looking good, more points to pick up over next 6 games (other thread going on that).

Grassy Noel

Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive.

gang

Quote from: Grassy Noel on September 19, 2022, 10:05:50 AM
Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive.

William Wordsworth known for his support of the French Revolution, perhaps we are seeing a West London one.

filham

Just great for us to be 6th and I think we could be in that position when we meet Newcastle.

Also, Arsenal, Spurs, Fulham, Chelsea and Brentford in the top half of the Premier league, that could be a record.

The worry is West Ham who are really struggling to score goals could have theit eyes open for a new striker in the winter break and we can guess where they will look first.

Hatch007

I can't see Mitro leaving us for West Ham.

He loves Fulham, his family are settled in SW London and he's under a long term contract. The owners have proved they're not a selling club so when all said and done I'm confident Mitro ain't leaving unless a massive club come in for him. Either way, no way Shahis Khan would sell Mitro to ANY club in the January window and risk detailing our season (and Premier League survival).

Southcoastffc

At this stage, the table is largely irrelevant,  unless we had been having a nightmare start. What is more important is that we are competitive and hard to beat (in Marco's words,"fighting").We're far from being a dirty or overly aggressive side but it's no coincidence that we have the most yellow cards in the PL so far this season. That's an indication of a team prepared to scrap.  That's not to say we aren't playing some lovely stuff too, of course.  It's conceivable that we could lose 2 or 3 games on the trot and slip down the table but it's important to keep to our principles and continue to "fight".  In Marco We Trust.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

AJW48361

Give me 17th now. A bit of realism required.

SuffolkWhite

In Silva I trust, the team are fighting for each other and as said above we are competitive in every game so far.
Long may it continue.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

hovewhite

I am feeling very happy with Silva in charge and is more capable at this level than the previous 3 incumbents in his job and think we are in for a comfortable season.

simplyfulham

Quote from: AJW48361 on September 19, 2022, 10:54:16 AM

Realism, paaahh.....

We've played 3 of the big 6 already and have taken 11 pts from our first 7 games.

That's 1.57 pts per game. Played out over 38 games gives us a projected 59-60 pts.

That would have got us 6th place last season - a point or two ahead of Man U and almost 5 ahead of West Ham.

Let's go big!

Somerset Fulham

Although I think we'll finish above that, I do agree with you.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Let's extend the details and say that we have played five of the top nine.  If Mitro had not missed that penalty against wolves we would have been even better placed.

alfie

Why is 17th a bit of realism, who's to say we won't continue in this vain?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Sting of the North

That sounds an awful lot like Parker. Thankfully Silva has a winning mentality and won't settle for mediocrity.

toshes mate

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."  William Arthur Ward.

I think SOTN has it right.  We are in a fight and we aim to win every round we can.

filham

Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 19, 2022, 10:42:41 AM
At this stage, the table is largely irrelevant,  unless we had been having a nightmare start. What is more important is that we are competitive and hard to beat (in Marco's words,"fighting").We're far from being a dirty or overly aggressive side but it's no coincidence that we have the most yellow cards in the PL so far this season. That's an indication of a team prepared to scrap.  That's not to say we aren't playing some lovely stuff too, of course.  It's conceivable that we could lose 2 or 3 games on the trot and slip down the table but it's important to keep to our principles and continue to "fight".  In Marco We Trust.
Agree, I have seen better Fulham teams than this but it is hard to think of one with more fight.

Palhinha Colada

Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 19, 2022, 10:42:41 AM

Yes and no. Yes, it's only 7 matches and there are 31 more to play. No, in that we have faced an incredibly difficult schedule so far, so our 11 points is worth even more. You still need to win/draw enough matches to at least get to safety, but we have 10 points from four matches against non-top six, which is a great way to stay up.

In short, we're well above par, at this point. Long may it continue. This is such a huge month for us, though.

(Edit: In matches not against us, our seven opponents so far have taken 68 points from their other 40 matches. Our two defeats have come against sides who are 9-2-1 in the 12 matches not against us.)