watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Red Herrings?

Started by sarnian, May 18, 2022, 11:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarnian

Currently enjoying the sun in Tenerife but all I keep reading about transfers concerns
out of contract players and some that maybe available on loan, none of which really inspire me.

Does anybody else think perhaps these names are being leaked by the club to throw people off the scent of our actual targets.  A mixture of experience and pace is what we should be aiming for.

A squad capable of finishing 15th to 17th should be our first season aim with a view to kicking on once established. :dft003:

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: sarnian on May 18, 2022, 11:33:36 AM
Currently enjoying the sun in Tenerife but all I keep reading about transfers concerns
out of contract players and some that maybe available on loan, none of which really inspire me.

Does anybody else think perhaps these names are being leaked by the club to throw people off the scent of our actual targets.  A mixture of experience and pace is what we should be aiming for.

A squad capable of finishing 15th to 17th should be our first season aim with a view to kicking on once established. :dft003:

Some of it is certainly that, some of the names leaked by press abroad are likely to be more realistic. But ones leaked by sources in this country I think there is 100% an element of that. Agent also leaking things to try and garner up more interest or money for their client. I've heard some names linked that I know categorically is not true

Fulham 442

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on May 18, 2022, 11:44:55 AM

Some of it is certainly that, some of the names leaked by press abroad are likely to be more realistic. But ones leaked by sources in this country I think there is 100% an element of that. Agent also leaking things to try and garner up more interest or money for their client. I've heard some names linked that I know categorically is not true
Well your last sentence certainly cheered me up as I too am concerned about some of the names being mentioned!

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Fulham 442 on May 18, 2022, 12:18:53 PM

Well your last sentence certainly cheered me up as I too am concerned about some of the names being mentioned!

Joe Allen and Tom Lawrence are simply not happening. Lawrence was a target in Jan, Joe Allen isn't a target either

HV71

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on May 18, 2022, 12:38:23 PM

Joe Allen and Tom Lawrence are simply not happening. Lawrence was a target in Jan, Joe Allen isn't a target either

Thank - you WSW - there is a god !

Fulham 442

Quote from: HV71 on May 18, 2022, 01:31:11 PM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on May 18, 2022, 12:38:23 PM

Thank - you WSW - there is a god !
Yes a big thanks from me too and your thoughts HV7 are seconded!!