watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rangers

Started by Ludlow Richard, May 18, 2022, 07:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludlow Richard

A lot in the media about Rangers' "miraculous" or "legendary" journey from Scottish Division 3  to a European final in 10 years. But marching their way up the terribly weak Scottish Leagues must have been a complete doddle compared to Fulham's journey from 23rd in the English 4th tier (91st in the English League structure on 3 Feb 1996 and staring the Conference in the face) to the Premier League and then to the Europa League final in 2010. But of course no-one ever mentions Fulham in media discussions of this sort. We are not a media darling like Rangers.

Mince n Tatties

Horrible bunch who support them as well,red hand of Ulster and all that crap whistle and flute marches....Hope Frankfurt put 6 past them.

SP

Both the BBC & Sky have been banging on about them all day.

Showing my age, but what a waste of time drinking all afternoon when in such a beautiful part of the world.

Wingnut

Minor miracle that they are not behind in this game. They have some good players. Kent and Bassey would be good additions to our squad. Jealous watching it. I'd love to see Fulham back in a Euro final.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Chi_FFC

This Rangers squad wouldn't have finished in one of the automatic promotion spots in the Championship this season. And somehow they might just win the Europa League...

spikey norman

Wingnut

1-1. The amount of mistakes in the game is unreal. Scrappy as hell in the middle of the park. Like watching an u10s game at times.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Chi_FFC on May 18, 2022, 09:29:03 PM
This Rangers squad wouldn't have finished in one of the automatic promotion spots in the Championship this season. And somehow they might just win the Europa League...

They did put 6 past Dortmund.

Chi_FFC

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 18, 2022, 09:45:06 PM
Quote from: Chi_FFC on May 18, 2022, 09:29:03 PM

They did put 6 past Dortmund.

They also finished second in their league to a side that got dumped out of Europe by an out of season Norwegian side that hadn't played a competitive match in over two months!

In all seriousness, if you were going to make a best 11 out of the Fulham and Rangers sides from this season, you'd probably pick 5 or 6 Fulham players before even considering one from Rangers.

Takemehome27

Quote from: Wingnut on May 18, 2022, 08:45:07 PM
Minor miracle that they are not behind in this game. They have some good players. Kent and Bassey would be good additions to our squad. Jealous watching it. I'd love to see Fulham back in a Euro final.

I agree about Bassey, he has looked very assured

cmg

Is Steven Davis ever going to stop playing?

Wingnut

Quote from: cmg on May 18, 2022, 10:21:07 PM

Probably would do if that strike went in at the end.

cmg

Quote from: Wingnut on May 18, 2022, 10:42:05 PM

What a career the bloke has had. Great for everyone except us!
His 3rd appearence for Villa was against us. He must have been about 12. Our line-up was like something out of the history books: EVDS, Bocca, Voltz, Knight, Pearce, Diop, Steed, Boa, Pembridge, CJensen, Cole.

Wingnut

Quote from: cmg on May 18, 2022, 10:47:28 PM
Quote from: Wingnut on May 18, 2022, 10:42:05 PM

What a career the bloke has had. Great for everyone except us!
His 3rd appearence for Villa was against us. He must have been about 12. Our line-up was like something out of the history books: EVDS, Bocca, Voltz, Knight, Pearce, Diop, Steed, Boa, Pembridge, CJensen, Cole.

True, just took a cracking penalty.

LC

I'd still take Aaron Ramsey, just saying..

Wingnut

Quote from: LC on May 18, 2022, 10:57:14 PM

For 400K a week? Wouldn't have him near us. Bassey was the best player on that pitch.

I Ronic

I think the Europa is one of the best knock out competitions going.  Our journey through to the final was amazing. How Roy managed the squad though all those long journeys and still produced a team that held it's own in the Prem was and is incredible.

LC

Quote from: Wingnut on May 18, 2022, 10:58:18 PM
Quote from: LC on May 18, 2022, 10:57:14 PM

For 400K a week? Wouldn't have him near us. Bassey was the best player on that pitch.

There's zero chance he'll be on anywhere near that next season. If his wages were reasonable I would take him

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on May 18, 2022, 07:54:36 PM
A lot in the media about Rangers' "miraculous" or "legendary" journey from Scottish Division 3  to a European final in 10 years. But marching their way up the terribly weak Scottish Leagues must have been a complete doddle compared to Fulham's journey from 23rd in the English 4th tier (91st in the English League structure on 3 Feb 1996 and staring the Conference in the face) to the Premier League and then to the Europa League final in 2010. But of course no-one ever mentions Fulham in media discussions of this sort. We are not a media darling like Rangers.

That's Sunday morning football for you.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Thailand Mick

I would never knock any club outside of the BIG clubs that make it to a European final. Many bigger clubs than us and Rangers have failed to achieve that even when given a helping hand by uefa in allowing them to enter the competition halfway through. Hard luck Rangers but still a great achievement just goes to show what an unbelievable achievement it was for us.