https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thomas Strakosha - Welcome to Fulham ?

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2022, 07:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Friendsoffulham

SP

Hoping he can do it on a cold winters night in Burnley.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: SP on May 21, 2022, 08:06:58 PM
Hoping he can do it on a cold winters night in Burnley.

Think we all hope that we could "do it" on a cold winters night in Burnley. Oop north, levelling up!

Craven Mad

Not sure what to make of this one.

I'll reserve judgment for now, but I'd be interested to hear of anyone has watched many Lazio games and knows if he's good?

bill taylors apprentice

spikey norman

rebel

Italian football is played on the deck, far more then the English football, so it's a totally different environment. 

filham

Among all of those clips it would have been re assuring to se him cleanly intercepting a cross.

Fulham1959

Quote from: filham on May 21, 2022, 08:57:30 PM
Among all of those clips it would have been re assuring to se him cleanly intercepting a cross.

My thoughts exactly - and such selective clips prove nothing.  I'd like an English keeper for a change.

Slaphead in Qatar

Lazios number 1 gk and they are 5th in table at time of writing. So in theory he should be of a reasonable standard.

BestOfBrede

Hmm not sure there's a keeper in any league who could've held the shots in those clips!?
There were some fantastic saves there and yet we are already doubt him. Well I say we, but should have said Some!
Wow!

ianthailand

Quote from: BestOfBrede on May 21, 2022, 09:40:35 PM
Hmm not sure there's a keeper in any league who could've held the shots in those clips!?
I agree BoB. I guess we'll all know by mid August!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Fulham1959 on May 21, 2022, 09:22:28 PM

My thoughts exactly - and such selective clips prove nothing.  I'd like an English keeper for a change.

Yes....Should have waited for Burnley's last game,and see If we could have got Nick Pope.

jayffc

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 21, 2022, 10:14:51 PM

Yes....Should have waited for Burnley's last game,and see If we could have got Nick Pope.

Big difference in Fees
Strakosha on a free... follow Roma and always looked decent from the bits I saw of him, certainly never stood out for the wrong reasons.

If that allows us to spend bigger in other positions whilst giving us a player who's won a number of cups at lazio and has spent most of his time there as number 1 in a team repeatedly finishing in the top 5 of Serie A...I'm very comfortable personally with that

ALG01

those clips are usually the best bits and based on that, wow this is another third rate keeper being signed...assume TK is back on the case of wasting money and sabotaging our chances of survival.

jayffc

Quote from: ALG01 on May 21, 2022, 10:45:56 PM
those clips are usually the best bits and based on that, wow this is another third rate keeper being signed...assume TK is back on the case of wasting money and sabotaging our chances of survival.

Quite the over reaction and world of assumptions
Guys been the number 1 keeper at a top 5 Serie A club for years and they wanted to keep him but he turned down the contract....

Something something Tony Khan is rubbish

Deeping_white

Quote from: jayffc on May 21, 2022, 10:51:03 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on May 21, 2022, 10:45:56 PM

Quite the over reaction and world of assumptions
Guys been the number 1 keeper at a top 5 Serie A club for years and they wanted to keep him but he turned down the contract....

Something something Tony Khan is rubbish

He would still find something to moan about if we signed Mbappe lol

Radiowhite

Hope he can do the business. Let's face it, none of us will have seen him play (I assume), and these highlight videos are never useful, so let's just wait and see. On paper, he's been at one of the best sides in Italy and played a lot, so looks like a decent bet, and for free, not sure who better we could have got.

Porthogs FC

We haven't signed him yet, and Burley/Leeds play tomorrow. So Pope is still a possibility. Although I'd rather Tarkowsky