Started by White Noise, January 04, 2011, 10:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6633849,00.html

Plethora of options for Roque

Santa Cruz set for January switch

Last updated: 4th January 2011

Santa Cruz: Set to make decision on future

A host of Premier League clubs are battling to sign Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz.

Skysports.com understands Aston Villa, West Ham, Fulham, Newcastle and Blackburn are all keen on the Paraguayan.

He has also been linked with a move to the continent with Serie A and Bundesliga interest confirmed, but it seems he is more likely to remain in England.

City are willing to let Santa Cruz leave, but would rather sell him than loan him, although it remains to be seen if anyone could come up with that sort of deal due to his wages.

The 29-year-old will have the last word on his new club, and he is likely to make a decision within the next week on who he would like to join

finnster01

If he comes here Sparky should make it mandatory he joins the Slim Jim competition.

I hear he still struggles with his weight.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

BalDrick

Just the type that will spend the whole of January flashing the odd bit of metaphorical knicker at any club that shows any interest, all the time driving up the wages he'll get when he decides who to deign to sign for late on the afternoon of 30th January.

May be an answer, but we need answers sooner than that - asap really, ready to start against Wigan ideally.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

AlFayedsChequebook

Would love to see him here, could single handidly solve our striking problems if fit. I am salivating at the idea of Him and Dembele up front!

Come on Roque, you have had your big payday, now come somewhere you will get guaranteed football!

TonyGilroy

Quote from: BalDrick on January 04, 2011, 10:51:44 AM
Just the type that will spend the whole of January flashing the odd bit of metaphorical knicker at any club that shows any interest, all the time driving up the wages he'll get when he decides who to deign to sign for late on the afternoon of 30th January.

May be an answer, but we need answers sooner than that - asap really, ready to start against Wigan ideally.

I've been thinking that. The "big" names will all be playing that game. I'd rather have second best now than get to 30th January still "interested" in the likes of Santa Cruz.

Actually my hunch is that we'll sign Carleton Cole. West Ham may well use him to fund other deals.

MJG

Why the love do some footballers not want to play football...best job in the world make a decision and stop wasting your time and play for team who want you, be it us or someone else.

bigalffc

Quote from: BalDrick on January 04, 2011, 10:51:44 AM

+1
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum