News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

English Pop Stars - Which Football Clubs Do They Follow?

Started by WindyCity, May 25, 2022, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

bog

I remember a programme a while back with Nigel Havers talking about his new arrival of a baby boy and saying he was looking forward to taking him to see a game down Craven Cottage.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Nigel Havers and his son sat in the row in front of us in the Riverside Stand and that was way back in the 90s.

WindyCity

Quote from: whitejc on May 25, 2022, 05:00:54 PM
Alan Price, Alex James, Dusty Springfield, Cliff Bennet, Les Grey, Ralph McTell, Crispen Mills, Richard Drummie, Example, Felix White, Lilly Allen, Sade, Sam Smith, Scott Walker, Sophie Ellis Bexter, Emergency Bitter...

all support/follow FFC

Rick Wakeman supports Brentford

Nice to know so many FFC supporters, but I must confess I don't recognize many of those names.  Although big fan of Sade.

Sidebar re: Sade.......Love her music and sound.  Saw her live, maybe 25 years ago, and I have to say she is not much of an entertainer/showman.  Music was great, but she just stood there like a statue and sang the songs.  No movements whatsoever.  Now I do recognize most of her music is a soft, smooth, laid back jazzy sound, not necessarily conducive to jumping all over the stage ala Jagger, but she was a statue.  Haha.  Still enjoyed the show.....

WindyCity

Was really curious about the Fab Four.  Was wondering if any of them were/are football fans. 

Anyone know?

FFC1987

Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on May 26, 2022, 11:09:33 AM
More random memories coming back to me...

Jake Bugg (refer to our younger readers for more info) is a Notts County fan and was their shirt sponsor for at least a season.

Paul Heaton of Beautiful South fame is a big Sheffield United fan.

The Kaiser Chiefs are Leeds fans. Their favourite player was Lucas Radebe, so they named the band after his former club.

And I think Ed Sheehan is a Norwich fan...?

Ed Sheeran is Ipswich through and through and he'd be very angry at that suggestion!

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: WindyCity on May 26, 2022, 01:59:51 PM
Was really curious about the Fab Four.  Was wondering if any of them were/are football fans. 

Anyone know?

I'm fairly sure that McCuntney supports Everton.

WindyCity

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on May 26, 2022, 02:17:00 PM

Anyone know?

Haha....wow.....bitter, eh?   You didn't like his music?  Or you don't like his choice of football team supporter?

junior white

bog

The Chaser Mark Lebbett is Sheffield United as is Sean Bean 

Ludlow Richard

Just to bring QPR into this thread; Jack Lawrence-Brown, drummer with London band White Lies, is a QPR season ticket holder.

clarkey

In the 60's James Villiers a great English actor was a regular as were the Guard brothers who got very involved with saving the club, as did actress Lesley Dunlop. Norman Rossington used to stand in the family enclosure and of  course so did Denis Waterman.

I also met Roy Harper (welcome to the machine etc) and went for a curry with him in the old Anglo on Putney Bridge afterwards with our mates.Robert Elms has been to a few games but he is a horrible super hooper.

Hugh Grant is a fan, as is Paul Roberts the former lead singer of The Stranglers (after Hugh Cornwell left).

Nick Mason of Floyd supports Derby now, but Roger Waters was a Liverpool fan and used the crowd singing on "Fearless". As far as the Beatles are concerned
McCartney is not a fan of anyone really but would have been an Evertonian if he had been forced to choose.That used to be the Catholic team of the City, Ringo does not know one end of a pitch from the other.He is a drummer.Not even the best drummer in the Beatles.

Lily Allen's Dad Keith Allen is a diehard fan and recorded We are not Real Madrid. Alex James is not a FFC fan.Sophie Ellis Bextor likes Fulham but only cos her brother Bertie and Dad support the club and are season ticket holders.

Charlie Cooper of This Country is a big FFC fan

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: WindyCity on May 26, 2022, 02:30:24 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on May 26, 2022, 02:17:00 PM

Anyone know?

Haha....wow.....bitter, eh?   You didn't like his music?  Or you don't like his choice of football team supporter?

Him. I can't stand him and that bloody Hey Jude bollocks that is wheeled out every single time there is a celebration in this country.

I was looking forward to celebrating the Queen next week but I am dreading seeing his gurning moosh belting that tirade of absolute averageness 55 times a day.

cookieg

Has anybody actually seen any of our famous supporters at any games?

Fulham 442

Quote from: cookieg on May 26, 2022, 04:40:17 PM
Has anybody actually seen any of our famous supporters at any games?
I'm pretty sure Richard Osman has been spotted several times...High Grant turns up for the big events, a lot of the others look to me to be less than passionate fans to say the least!

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Every morning on LBC in the Nick Ferrari programme there is a report on the City and Business news. Although he is now retired David Buick still occasionally returns and in exchanges between him and Nick Ferrari a Leicester fan there are references to our matches and recently particularly our promotion. David has mentioned that lives in a  flat near the ground overlooking the river and is a season ticket holder.

Somerset Fulham

Jonathan Norman the SHOUTsport cricket correspondent is also fan.

Although he obviously doesn't sing in any type of band.

f bloke

Once saw Hugh Grant describing himself as a foul weather supporter when interviewed on TV.  I was in South Africa in 95 (ie the real bad old days) for the rugby World Cup and he was on the front cover of the most popular magazine wearing his GMB Fulham shirt - that billboard was everywhere.

Both Rory Burns and Ben Foakes are Fulham fans. Have they ever played for England at the same time?  If so, will that have  been the only time we have had two Fulham fans in the same England cricket team?

F(f)CUK

Quote from: The Old Count on May 26, 2022, 09:28:14 AM
Come on! Let's be honest - How many clubs had the Pope as a supporter? We must be God's favourite club.
At the same time the Archbishop of Canterbury was also a Fulham fan. Cannot remember which one. I am shocked that we weren't taking the league by storm.

MartyFFC

Yeah the most famous pop star I can think of is Example; I seem to recall he was wearing a Fulham shirt on the cover of one of his singles. Lily Allen apparently switched to Chelsea, as her then husband was a Chelsea fan and so she didn't want 'conflict' in the household. Obviously didn't work too well given she later got divorced