News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

English Pop Stars - Which Football Clubs Do They Follow?

Started by WindyCity, May 25, 2022, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Just curious.  Since football is such a big part of UK culture/sport, was wondering what teams pop starts follow.  I'm familiar with EJ supporting Watford and keeping them afloat financially.  And I'm pretty sure Rod Stewart is a big football fan, and may even have a financial stake in a lower league club?

Anybody know who members of the Beatles, The Who, Zeppelin, the Stones, the Kinks, Bowie, Zombies, et al might either follow or have financial interest in?  Just curious........

WhiteJC

Alan Price, Alex James, Dusty Springfield, Cliff Bennet, Les Grey, Ralph McTell, Crispen Mills, Richard Drummie, Example, Felix White, Lilly Allen, Sade, Sam Smith, Scott Walker, Sophie Ellis Bexter, Emergency Bitter...

all support/follow FFC

Rick Wakeman supports Brentford

RaySmith

Rod Stewart supports Glasgow Celtic and Scotland, and was on Brentford's books as a youngster.

Mick Jagger supports Arsenal,  and is a big sports fan, often seen at cricket and England internationals, and has sponsored cycling.

Robert Plant, of Led Zeppelin fame, is a big Wolves fan, who still goes to games, where he chats with fans - he  said on BBC radio's Desert Island Discs recently.

Johnny Rotten/ John Lydon, of the Sex Pistols and now Public Image Limited, grew up  close to Highbury in Finsbury Park, and he and his brothers followed Arsenal.

cookieg

Quote from: whitejc on May 25, 2022, 05:00:54 PM
Alan Price, Alex James, Dusty Springfield, Cliff Bennet, Les Grey, Ralph McTell, Crispen Mills, Richard Drummie, Example, Felix White, Lilly Allen, Sade, Sam Smith, Scott Walker, Sophie Ellis Bexter, Emergency Bitter...

all support/follow FFC

Hasn't Lilly Allen jumped ship to that lot down the road?

Alec of good Stock

all support/follow FFC

Don't forget Pete "Manic Esso" Haynes, relation of the Maestro and drummer of The Lurkers who's first album released in 1978 was called Fulham Fallout:

https://youtu.be/_CQafxjX81A

ruislip ray

HV71

I think Eric Clapton supports WBA - Adele Tottenham

sunburywhite

Arsenal – Mick Jagger
Aston Villa – Prince William, The Duke Of Cambridge
Brighton & Hove Albion – Fatboy Slim
Burnley – Snoop Dogg
Chelsea – Will Ferrell
Crystal Palace – Liam Neeson
Everton – Sylvester Stallone
Fulham – Margot Robbie
Leeds United – Russell Crowe
Leicester City – Gary Lineker
Liverpool – Brad Pitt
Manchester City – Liam & Noel Gallagher
Manchester United – Usain Bolt
Newcastle United – Ant & Dec
Sheffield United – Jessica Ennis-Hill
Southampton – Craig David
Tottenham Hotspur – Adele
West Bromwich Albion – Julie Walters
West Ham United – James Corden
Wolverhampton Wanderers – Robert Plant
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Steeeeeeeeeed

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: RaySmith on May 25, 2022, 05:26:33 PM
Rod Stewart supports Glasgow Celtic and Scotland, and was on Brentford's books as a youngster.

Mick Jagger supports Arsenal,  and is a big sports fan, often seen at cricket and England internationals, and has sponsored cycling.

Robert Plant, of Led Zeppelin fame, is a big Wolves fan, who still goes to games, where he chats with fans - he  said on BBC radio's Desert Island Discs recently.

Johnny Rotten/ John Lydon, of the Sex Pistols and now Public Image Limited, grew up  close to Highbury in Finsbury Park, and he and his brothers followed Arsenal.

Didn't Robert Plant own Kidderminster Harriers at some point.

Famous Fulham 'fans"

Hugh Grant
Richard Osman
Michael Jackson
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Thailand Mick

Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on May 26, 2022, 02:45:25 AM

Famous Fulham 'fans"

Hugh Grant
Richard Osman
Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson claimed to be an Exeter fan although he did make an appearance at Fulham vs Wigan as a guest of Al Fahad

Fulham 442

Quote from: Thailand Mick on May 26, 2022, 06:19:27 AM
Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on May 26, 2022, 02:45:25 AM

Famous Fulham 'fans"

Hugh Grant
Richard Osman
Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson claimed to be an Exeter fan although he did make an appearance at Fulham vs Wigan as a guest of Al Fahad
I wouldn't lump Richard Osman in with the other two "fans" you mentioned.  He is a proper Fulham fan and has a ST in the Riverside I believe.

Fulham 442

Quote from: cookieg on May 25, 2022, 05:39:39 PM

all support/follow FFC

Hasn't Lilly Allen jumped ship to that lot down the road?
She did when she got married as her husband is a Chelsea fan....how bizarre is that?  Ex husband now though so who knows?!

WhiteJC

The Old Count

Come on! Let's be honest - How many clubs had the Pope as a supporter? We must be God's favourite club.

f bloke

I think I may have been guilty for the Sam Kidd entry on the list above  we stood next to him at my first ever game v Everton 67/68 season and he signed my programme. I posted that on here when this list was first being compiled  - a couple of years ago I saw him on YouTube as part of the Chelsea Quizz ball team - so back in the day when Chelsea one week Fulham next was more of a thing - I suspect he was more one of them than one of us

Ara's bacon crisps

all support/follow FFC

Remember also reading somewhere that Richard Drummie of Go West has two season tickets and when his son doesn't want to go, Rick Astley takes his place. Think he's actually a Liverpool fan, but if you spend enough time at the Cottage...

Ara's bacon crisps

More random memories coming back to me...

Jake Bugg (refer to our younger readers for more info) is a Notts County fan and was their shirt sponsor for at least a season.

Paul Heaton of Beautiful South fame is a big Sheffield United fan.

The Kaiser Chiefs are Leeds fans. Their favourite player was Lucas Radebe, so they named the band after his former club.

And I think Ed Sheehan is a Norwich fan...?