watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

On This Day, 2018

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 26, 2022, 09:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Fulham were getting ready to take on Aston Villa at Wembley, in the Championship Playoff Final.

Don't have to do it this season, we have the pleasure of sitting back and watching Huddersfield and Forest battle it out.

Did you go? Were you part of the famous White Wall?

Cast your minds back, and let us know how you were planning for the day. Were did you drink? What did you do before and after the game?

Invalid Tweet ID

JoeS

Met my friend bright and early in Wimbledon, headed straight for the Green Man and enjoyed a nervy pint or two. Then got to the stadium early to meet family and soak in the atmosphere and occasion. I remember not being able to sleep the night before due to nerves, and not able to sleep the night after due to being so overwhelmed with emotions. A day I will never forget for the rest of my life and I am glad I got to share it with my Dad who I go to all the games with.

filham

We arrived at our seats in the stadium late,just five minutes before the KO ,due to a late train at Waterloo, and were amazed by the sight of the brilliant White wall in full sunlight with the dour Villa fans in the shadow.
What a day it turned out to be.
Glad we are not involved this year though.

Thailand Mick

My mate got me a ticket (he sadly passed away earlier this year) flew back from Thailand. It was a fantastic day only beaten by the Europa league semi final at the cottage and the Huddersfield away win to secure our first promotion to the Premier league.

Motspur Park

Best day ever supporting Fulham and that is based on 50 years.
Met the kids and headed to The Gallery, West Hampstead from Stoneleigh. Few pints and something to eat. Off to Wembley and saw some friends and Ronnie Hughes in his fez on Wembley Way. The rest is Fulham folklore. Amazing day. Lost bank card in celebrations .

Cornishnick

Set off from bottom end of Cornwall at around 5pm. Parked up in Ruislip in time for some brekkie and got the train into Wembley where I met up with my son who had come down from Wolverhampton with some Villa fans. (we went to the different fanzones and never saw them again!) Wall of white was astounding, made the hairs on my neck bristle. Great day and so nice to see Mr Grealish getting what he deserved - nothing!.

Headed back home euphoric. Tried to have a nap half way home near Yeovil but a thunder and lightning storm made that impossible. Got back about midnight and even then couldn't sleep with the buzz.

HillingdonFFC

One of the best days of my life, walking down Wembley way in a huge sea of white was quite emotional. All those years in the doldrums seemed a long time ago
We met up in a pub called the Swallow next to Hillingdon station & it packed out with Fulham as the morning wore on, loads in nearby Uxbridge too.
No words to describe the euphoria I felt at the end of that game, I was on a massive high for weeks after

bog

I will NEVER forget that day. I was unable to go there in 1975 so had waited for 64 years to see my beloved club play at Wembley. Along with my two daughters proud to be one of the White Wall and will also never forget the part we all played in urging the side home in added time. What a day. I wore my Jezzard number 9 shirt with immeasurable pride.  :clap_hands: :yay: 049:gif

092.gif     

Ludlow Richard

We were a few days short of moving house and some stuff had to go into storage the week before Wembley. One item was a chest of drawers in which (you've guessed it) was sitting my Wembley ticket. This catastrophe was not discovered until the morning of the game by which time it was too late to rescue the ticket, with the storage facility closed for the weekend. Fortunately I managed to source another ticket and was at the game. Travelled to and from Wembley with two old mates, both of whom are sadly no longer with us, but at least they got to see FFC win at Wembley before they departed for that great Hammersmith End in the sky.

Motspur Park

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on May 26, 2022, 01:29:46 PM
We were a few days short of moving house and some stuff had to go into storage the week before Wembley. One item was a chest of drawers in which (you've guessed it) was sitting my Wembley ticket. This catastrophe was not discovered until the morning of the game by which time it was too late to rescue the ticket, with the storage facility closed for the weekend. Fortunately I managed to source another ticket and was at the game. Travelled to and from Wembley with two old mates, both of whom are sadly no longer with us, but at least they got to see FFC win at Wembley before they departed for that great Hammersmith End in the sky.
At least we all got there Richard. Nobody can take that away from any of us now. What a shame we were not there to see us beat Brentford. I think that may well have eclipsed Villa.

Fulham 442

I had a relatively short journey compared to some!  Got the train from Richmond, loads of people asking me if I was going to the final, as I had my scarf on, and wishing Fulham luck.  I felt really calm and confident and was convinced all day we were going to win.  Met my husband in the Edgware Road as he had been working.  Went for something to eat but couldn't tell you what we had or where we went as I just wanted to get to Wembley.  What a fabulous day it was and being part of the white wall...only a goal in it too but even when Denis got sent off I was still sure we would win...Got home and cracked open the champagne!  Happy days!