watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wimbledon tennis

Started by RAY Rock ????, May 28, 2022, 03:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY Rock ????

As I see it at the moment Wimbledon tennis will not have ranking points which add up to the APT tour at the end of season for players. So basically as it stands Wimbledon is going to be a glorified practice tournament . So if this is going to be the case everyone who has bought a ticket should get their  money back and they should have a ballot for free tickets for the entire tournament. Why should people pay top dollar for basically friendly tennis matches. This is going to get interesting 🧐

Lighthouse

Believe me playing Wimbledon will  not result in friendly matches. While the tournament  decision to ban Russian and Belarusian players is clearly a mistake. Some players will not play out of either sympathy for the banned players or for the lack of ranking points. The importance of winning a Grand Slam will still be uppermost in those players that do want to play.

Wimbledon has proved many times in the past that it can survive even without the top players playing. But I agree that it is a shame they have come to this decision and a few players will not play because of the ranking points. I still believe that there will be enough great tennis to make us forget those not playing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope