News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- League 2 Play Off Final.

Started by bog, May 28, 2022, 04:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Anyone watching the League 1 play off final? I am finding this more entertaining than the FA Cup final.

092.gif

HV71

Quote from: bog on May 28, 2022, 04:57:38 PM
Anyone watching the League 1 play off final? I am finding this more entertaining than the FA Cup final.

092.gif

Sadly yes ( my home team is Mansfield and I went every week until about 12 years ago) To be fair though - Port Vale are the better team - playing some very good football. Also watched the Wrexham Grimsby game earlier which was truly sensational

The Cravenette

I am. Port Vale playing some good football, both their goals were well worked. Mansfield trying to get back in it but with 10 men it is going to be very difficult.

The Cravenette

Quote from: The Cravenette on May 28, 2022, 05:45:49 PM
I am. Port Vale playing some good football, both their goals were well worked. Mansfield trying to get back in it but with 10 men it is going to be very difficult.
Ha! And as I posted Vale get a third!

bog

Good game. I thought that Mansfield played better with ten men just before half time. A daft first booking that led to that player being sent off soon after. Port Vale deserved it and scored their first two goals when Mansfield had 11 players. 

HV71

Woolly Mammoth

It is refreshing to watch this kind of play off final in the lower leagues, than watch some of the boring dross of the Premier League of big time charlie's and not very good actors feigning injury.
I enjoyed the Port Vale v Mansfield match, it's a shame somebody had to lose. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Quote from: HV71 on May 28, 2022, 11:06:07 PM
Very fair summary Bog  not my best day

I can imagine having had many similar myself....

bog

It should not be forgotten either that the manager of Port Vale Darrell Clarke used to be involved with Mansfield. The Stags supporters bore no ill will and joined in with the minutes applause for the recent sad passing of Darrell's 18 year old daughter.

A bit  from those 'big clubs' fans who chant offensively to do with Hillsborough and Munich.

HV71

Quote from: bog on May 29, 2022, 09:46:18 AM

I'm sure you have. Mansfield lost a play off final in Cardiff against Huddersfield ( on penalties) . Worst day ever - especially afterwards when there were no trains back to London . Had to get a cab to Bristol and shared it with two other chaps who turned out to be Terrier fans !!
One great night for Fulham was when you secured promotion at Field Mill - I drove Jimmy Hill that day . The game was a dead rubber for us but it was a great evening and good to have shared it with him. Fulham has always been a " proper ' and decent club in my experience and that is what made me support them when I had to shift my primary allegiance.

bog

Quote from: HV71 on May 29, 2022, 11:06:33 AM
Quote from: bog on May 29, 2022, 09:46:18 AM

I'm sure you have. Mansfield lost a play off final in Cardiff against Huddersfield ( on penalties) . Worst day ever - especially afterwards when there were no trains back to London . Had to get a cab to Bristol and shared it with two other chaps who turned out to be Terrier fans !!
One great night for Fulham was when you secured promotion at Field Mill - I drove Jimmy Hill that day . The game was a dead rubber for us but it was a great evening and good to have shared it with him. Fulham has always been a " proper ' and decent club in my experience and that is what made me support them when I had to shift my primary allegiance.

I think that game ended 0-0? If we didn't have 'proper and decent' clubs we wouldn't have proper football.   

HV71

Your memory serves you well Bog - it was 0-0.