Main Menu

Liverpool v Real Madrid

Started by spikey norman, May 28, 2022, 07:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikey norman

Should be a good game.
Thank Real might win a close game.

Jules

Looking forward to it. I think Liverpool will win comfortably. 2-0.

spikey norman

Kick off delayed by 30 minutes

Hugh Gentry

The build up has been as pathetic as any before it......what has this all been about?

Lambo

So trouble outside the ground, police using tear gas, people having their tickets stolen, game delayed, as reported on Sky.

Wonder whose playing tonight?

Steeeeeeeeeed

Have seen a couple of videos on Twitter, looks like unprovoked use of tear gas on fans waiting outside the gate... They may have been a bit loud and rowdy out of frustration at the wait to get in, but the tear gas seems way over the top.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

What a ridiculous delay for the VAR decision.

SP

Sounds like a toxic atmosphere outside the ground with running battles between riot police & local youths.

AnOldBrownie

Get In Vinicius!!

This work rate from Liverpool is ridiculous.   We need athletes on our side this season with that level of work rate.

cmg

Courtois. As good a goalkeeping performance as I've seen in a long while.

Fulham 442

Quote from: cmg on May 28, 2022, 10:34:29 PM
Courtois. As good a goalkeeping performance as I've seen in a long while.
Completely agree, MOTM for me.

Andy S

Sad when you hear supporters with tickets didn't see the game

Wingnut

Quote from: Lambo on May 28, 2022, 08:38:35 PM
So trouble outside the ground, police using tear gas, people having their tickets stolen, game delayed, as reported on Sky.

Wonder whose playing tonight?

Didnt surprise me in the slightest. Exact same as Athens, with the addition of locals causing some trouble. Feel for genuine fans who didnt get in. Congrats to Real. Delighted for them and Ancelotti.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

bobbo

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on May 28, 2022, 09:28:45 PM
What a ridiculous delay for the VAR decision.
in fairness it was quite difficult to unravel and even then in my opinion they got it wrong.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Somerset Fulham

Courtois was incredible tonight, but he still looks like Postman Pat.

Woolly Mammoth

Unfortunately for many people the match will be remembered for all the wrong reasons.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MickTheBeard

Was a very technical game Liverpool we're very athletic and  madrids manager technical was spot on to beat the favourites,at least Liverpool fans behaved themselves and paid for their ticket's didn't try to climb over the walls and cause chaos and hurt fans as we know it's never their fault remember juventus 13 fans dead and 500 liverpool fans plus climbing over walls rather than pay,boo the national anthem you end up with the right result,couldn't happen to a better club.

MartyFFC

No doubt that Liverpool are the better team, however the mental fortitude of this Madrid side is something else. Beaten PSG, Chelsea, City and now Liverpool; being the underdogs on each occasion

ALG01

i enjoyed the game but have seen it all before. it was obvious if liverpool failed to score early the real would do to them what many teams did to british teas over the years..... and that's how it poanned out.

however... IMO after 15 minutes it was as obvious as the nose on my face that firmino was needed because whilst the liverpool front three are imense, they dlo not have firmino's more classic centre forward link play and that would have upset and disrupted real's tactics. as it was when he came on, way to late, he made a big difference and improved the play. klopp got it wrong and probably cost them the game in the same way many of the arrogant top manager's cannot cope with needing to change from plan a to plan b.

i think the better team won despite the real keeper being mom, liverpool never really opened up the real defence in the way real created better chances at the other.

Cookie6262

Quote from: Andy S on May 28, 2022, 11:14:03 PM
Sad when you hear supporters with tickets didn't see the game

Yeah but it sounds like lots of Liverpool fans without tickets got to see the game so evens out in the end 😉