watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pardew

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, June 01, 2022, 08:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Alan Pardew has left CSKA Sofia with immediate effect, having first joined the club in November 2020.

It's due to racist behaviour from some of the club's fans.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61665141.amp

Twig

Good for him, I'm pleased to see him standing by his principles.

HV71

Well done him ... good to see that someone didn't put money in front of values. Respect in order

blingo

It's easy to walk when you are financially secure (as I'm sure Mr Pardew is).

The question I would ask is, would Mr Pardew have walked had it not been the case?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: blingo on June 01, 2022, 10:41:20 PM

The question I would ask is, would Mr Pardew have walked had it not been the case?

No he would have run
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Rupert

A tad ungraceful response, Mr Blingo, since I doubt if anyone knows Mr Pardew's actual financial circumstances, aside from the man and his financial advisor. Regardless of whether he is loaded or on the breadline, I respect his decision to walk away from racist fans.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Twig

Easier it may be but he still did the right thing and that's to his credit. Not sure why you find it difficult to give him some credit with good grace?

RaySmith

His assistant, Alex Dyer, who played with him at Palace and Charlton, is black, and has also resigned.

Fans were abusing and throwing bananas at their own players - so a very difficult situation for Pardew, I would think - morally compromises him if he stayed there. What would players back here think of him in the future? Plus his own self -respect if he finds the behaviour abhorrent.

But, he could have just said  'only a minority of fans doing this, we can work to  stamp it out,' but he did the  honourable thing, and deserves respect for that.

toshes mate

Clearly after ten days of discussions with the Club, Pardew and Dyer have made their decision accordingly and one can only agree that that is their right to do so.  Whether acting upon that right serves to solve the racial problem at the Bulgarian club remains to be seen but at least the pair know they have behaved in a measured manner.   I really wish we had one of those gadgets from the MiB movie franchise that could eliminate racist attitude (and any other unwanted '.ism') from any who are caught in the flash.   

simplyfulham

Apparently he's wanted 'out' of Bulgaria for a little while. He's talked openly about wanted to manager back in the Premier League and probably saw a stint at a big club (at least in Bulgarian terms) as helping to lift his profile back to where he wanted it to be.

I'm not saying the man isn't devoid of all morals, but I think he'd have seen the convienence of the situation as well as the using it to take a moral stand.

Twig

Quote from: simplyfulham on June 02, 2022, 10:29:47 AM
Apparently he's wanted 'out' of Bulgaria for a little while. He's talked openly about wanted to manager back in the Premier League and probably saw a stint at a big club (at least in Bulgarian terms) as helping to lift his profile back to where he wanted it to be.

I'm not saying the man isn't devoid of all morals, but I think he'd have seen the convienence of the situation as well as the using it to take a moral stand.

You saying the same about Dyer?

MartyFFC

I wonder if he still has that Ferrari with his initials stitched into the headrest

H4usuallysitting

He's a nice chap....and yep - wealthy....but principled

bobbo

its been said already that he comes accross as a nice fella. and i also take my hat off to him for what hes done . theres no room for it in my world.
1975 just leaving home full of hope