more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Somewhere Danny Murphy is Smiling

Started by LordNelson, January 04, 2011, 03:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordNelson

Fergie defends Pulis' Potters

Sir Alex Ferguson has slammed Arsene Wenger's criticism of Stoke ahead of Manchester United's clash with the Potters on Tuesday.

Ferguson has praised Stoke counterpart Tony Pulis for the way he prepares his side and also for the way in which he copes with the occasional question marks rival bosses raise against it.

Wenger, who Ferguson has enjoyed some memorable years of sparring with, was named by the Scot as one such manager.

"People have criticised their physical style of play but they stick to what they do best," said Ferguson of Stoke.

"I suppose Arsene Wenger has been one of their main critics, but then he does go off on a tangent at times. For instance, he criticised our pitch after they lost here before Christmas and I was at a loss to understand why.

"I have a great admiration for Tony and the wry way he rides the criticism levelled at his team. If anything the criticism galvanises the players."

Wenger has previously accused Pulis's side of employing "rugby style" tactics and suggested some were "cowards" after a bruising encounter in 2008.

United have won all five of their Premier League games against the Potters but Mike Phelan says they give his side as much food for thought as the top clubs in the league.

"Stoke, for us, is as big a game as playing Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool, purely because they demand a high level of attention to detail," Phelan told United Review. "They are a very good team. They've sustained their Premier League status for a third successive season now and are a competitive side.

"They certainly give you a run for your money. We respect Stoke a lot for the way the club is run and for what they have achieved. One thing we do know is that we have to be fully focused when we play them."

Stoke have been thumped 5-0 and 4-0 in their two previous league meetings at Old Trafford and Pulis is hoping his side won't be quite so generous again this time.

Stoke go into the match on the back of a 2-0 victory against Everton and Pulis said: "We will go to Old Trafford and give it our best shot.

"We have run them close at our place but not at Old Trafford. We have struggled there. Hopefully we can give a good account of ourselves."

Pulis has Robert Huth available again after suspension while Ricardo Fuller is looking to retain his place up front alongside Jones ahead of Jon Walters.

Meanwhile, Pulis is looking to do a little bit of business in the transfer window.

He added: "If we can bring in one or two in we will. It lifts everyone but they have to be right."

Although, I'm not sure having the crybaby Wenger on your side is necessarily a positive.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

AlFayedsChequebook

Ferguson only praises them because they roll over for his team everytime they play them.

SmithyFFC

Yea watch Stoke roll over for United, Pulis is most defiantley a member of Fergies fan club.
FTID

epsomraver

I was just going to post red nose's statement,he really is a hypocrite, let's see how he is tomorrow if one of his stars like Rooney gets the Dembele treatment right at the end by the corner flag

SmithyFFC

Quote from: epsomraver on January 04, 2011, 04:44:39 PM
I was just going to post red nose's statement,he really is a hypocrite, let's see how he is tomorrow if one of his stars like Rooney gets the Dembele treatment right at the end by the corner flag

Somehow I doubt Pulis will send out one of his players to hurt United as much as usual, total suck up to Fergie, in the mould of Bruce and Alladryce.
FTID

finnster01

You are all forgetting biggest Sir Fergie arselicker of all, The Special One, believe it or not.

Those two need to get a room together if anything you read in the press is correct these days.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

SmithyFFC

Quote from: finnster01 on January 04, 2011, 04:48:24 PM
You are all forgetting biggest Sir Fergie arselicker of all, The Special One, believe it or not.

Those two need to get a room together if anything you read in the press is correct these days.

Can't see Jose letting Fergies team walk all over him.
FTID

finnster01

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on January 04, 2011, 04:52:27 PM

Fair point. But there is enough of "i'll cuddle yours if you cuddle mine" to last a life time between those two.

I don't think Arsene will be invited though.

SmithyFFC

Quote from: finnster01 on January 04, 2011, 04:58:49 PM

Fair point. But there is enough of "i'll cuddle yours if you cuddle mine" to last a life time between those two.

Unless he brings the pizza.
FTID

finnster01

:011:
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on January 04, 2011, 05:14:06 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on January 04, 2011, 04:58:49 PM

Unless he brings the pizza.
:011: Top marks

Jimbobob

:020: :020: :020:
I will never understand why he is liked on this board at all. It is SO hard to manage a club with unlimited resources.
What the hell does he manage? Nothing. He rolls the ball out and says "yea one of you 20 world class strikers go score"
He is crap..................he and Puliscrap can go jump in a hole and stay there...........makes me sick.
"Sir" Alex - Knight of horse dung................
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?