watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our lad Antonee

Started by YankeeJim, June 06, 2022, 06:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

In yesterday's nil/nil draw with Uruguay, Robinson came on in the 62nd minute after a spell of total domination by the South Americans. Within a few minutes he started a breakaway that led to a shot and shifted the momentum to the US. A short time later he did it again and than had a great defensive takeaway near midfield. The US was looking good.

Then, Edinson Cavani,  who had come on at the same time brought the ball down the US left and was confronted by Robinson. In the US we use the term "faked out of his jock". Robinson was so badly turned he actually fell down, leaving his jock on the pitch. LOL Thankfully Cavani pulled the shot wide.

I bring this up to let you all know that, if the right US team shows up at the WC, we could win our group.  :022:  I understand the team is investing in Velcro jocks to avoid repetition of said "faking". :003:

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

love4ffc

I am confused as I thought Antonee was suppose to under go a knee surgery.  Thought he had been playing through knee pain and a surgery was going to relieve it.    :023:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

YankeeJim

Quote from: love4ffc on June 06, 2022, 07:49:53 PM
I am confused as I thought Antonee was suppose to under go a knee surgery.  Thought he had been playing through knee pain and a surgery was going to relieve it.    :023:

Maybe he's putting it off so he can play in the WC. That begs the question as to his priorities. The nattering nay bobs on this site will have a field day with that.

jarv

Agree with Jim. If he is putting off surgery, we need to be scouting a new left back immediately.!!! Also, get USA to pay his wages when he cannot play.

love4ffc

Think that would be a terrible decision on his part to hold off on surgery.  But we don't know all the details so hard for us to say. 

Bassey the warrior

He still has 6 months till the World Cup so doesn't make any sense to delay surgery to avoid missing the World Cup. He'd have plenty of time to get fit and only risks further aggravating the injury without doing so. That is assuming there is in fact anything to this theory.

Sting of the North

I think it is extremely safe to assume that most comments in this thread is based on nothing of note at all.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 07, 2022, 05:49:54 PM
I think it is extremely safe to assume that most comments in this thread is based on nothing of note at all.

Odd that you'd select this thread to note people spouting opinion. I don't recall you making a note such as this on the numerous hit threads about Robinson.

love4ffc

Sting of the North

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 07, 2022, 05:57:01 PM

Odd that you'd select this thread to note people spouting opinion. I don't recall you making a note such as this on the numerous hit threads about Robinson.

What is odd about it? That is unclear to me.

If anyone can explain a logical reason for Robinson not consulting with the club and medical experts on this potential issue, then I am all ears. But this has about zero percent to do with previous Robinson threads. Very weird comment.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 07, 2022, 10:22:44 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on June 07, 2022, 05:57:01 PM

What is odd about it? That is unclear to me.

If anyone can explain a logical reason for Robinson not consulting with the club and medical experts on this potential issue, then I am all ears. But this has about zero percent to do with previous Robinson threads. Very weird comment.

Not weird at all. What is your logical reason that he has not? Your stating an opinion without fact just as the rest of us on this thread. Except for  love4ffc, that is.

Sting of the North

I haven't claimed that he has or that he hasn't, as I cannot know. But to clarify, I find it extremely unlikely that Robinson would just go off playing for the US with no regard to FFC. I think you are just not reading my comments properly, YankeeJim.

MickTheBeard

Yes I remember silva saying had to take it easy needs a small op in summer.His dad is his agent,he hardly misses a USA game.I wonder if their is any truth in the rumour and Fulham come 2nd in priority's.Maybe silva is not amused and new kid on the block might shake him up a bit.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 08, 2022, 05:40:26 AM
I haven't claimed that he has or that he hasn't, as I cannot know. But to clarify, I find it extremely unlikely that Robinson would just go off playing for the US with no regard to FFC. I think you are just not reading my comments properly, YankeeJim.

Perhaps I am misreading you. Your comment about consulting with medical experts seemed like a criticism to me. Robinson is often unfairly portrayed by a few on this board. Either way, lets hope that he is putting Fulham first. Besides, if he is indeed injured and postpones treatment, will he be effective in the WC? Will this "injury" effect him next season? I certainly hope not.  082.gif