more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The transfer window is now open

Started by H4usuallysitting, June 07, 2022, 11:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims Dentist

Quote from: JoelH5 on June 07, 2022, 12:48:10 PM
IMO, the main reason we went down the last two attempts was because we effectively wrote off the first 6/8 games. Players coming in after the season had started etc. Just look at our starting 11 in the first game of the last PL campaign. Shocking. If we don't get at least a few of the players who will go in to our starting 11 in for a full pre-season, serious questions need to be asked.
The likes of us have asked serious questions after the last two relegations.
Sadly we didn't get too many serious answers.

I Ronic

Mitrovic only making 27 appearances,  14 of those from the bench last season, didn't help our cause

hovewhite

Quote from: I Ronic on June 10, 2022, 02:34:07 AM
Mitrovic only making 27 appearances,  14 of those from the bench last season, didn't help our cause
Parker lost his trust in him and think that affected mitros form, hopefully it won't happen under Silva.

Whitestone

Quote from: hovewhite on June 11, 2022, 07:43:46 AM
Parker lost his trust in him and think that affected mitros form, hopefully it won't happen under Silva.

The resurgence of Mitro under Silva shows that, unlike Parker, he knew how to get the best out of the player. Parker's negative tactics didn't help either.

S.F.Sorrow

Mitrovic is a type of striker that doesn't create many chances on his own but needs good service. He didn't get that with Parker's style of football in the PL so in a way it made sense that Parker dropped him. Hopefully Silva's more attacking style will work better for Mitro but he will be up against stronger, more athletic CBs. We can't expect him to win pretty much every aerial duel like he did in the Championship.

There is still a question about Mitro's potential at the highest level but last season he looked better than ever and contributed far more than just the goals (unlike in previous seasons when he was far less mobile, often isolated up front unless we were dominating games and more of a one-trick pony for us). His hold up play in particular was excellent last season and we had the right players to take advantage of it (particularly Carvalho).

Wingers/FBs who can provide accurate crosses and a top quality AM will be important to get the best out of Mitro but I'm convinced he will at least make a much bigger impact than under Parker.

rebel

Pa

Parker fell out with Mitro, it was Mitro's half time team talk that did it.
Parker dropped Mitro and tried to convert Ivan Cavaleiro into a striker.
It didn't work and was stupid.

bahay18

We head off to Portugal on 16th July . I would like to think bulk of signings done by this point with just squad padding as we approach deadline day . You would really hope there is a realistic list of targets that the club know the player is open to a move . Wouldn't it be nice to go in to a premier league season prepared .

The Rational Fan

In July 2018, I know that a Chelsea Scout contact believed that in Chelsea's Scouting opinion the two best central defenders available to Fulham were Kalas and MLM with the third option being very bad indeed, so they thought Fulham should buy Kalas at their price.

If they were the best two centre backs available, then Tony Khans mistake wasn't failing to buy two centre back early in the window. Tony Khans mistake was not waiting longer until an option better than Kalas or MLM were available. No point buying early a player like MLM that isn't going to get out of the bottom three.

The first four players that Tony Khan brought were MLM, Seri, Fabri and Schillue, possible the worse four he ever brought. If they were the best four players (other than Kalas and Norwood), then I wouldnt consider the next best four, which even Chelsea consider the other options worse. Tony Khan advisors aren't idiots, if they think a centre back is worse than MLM. Even if they are a bit wrong it is highly unlikely the advisors are so wrong that they thought someone was worse than MLM,  082.gifwho was actually premier league material.

I hope Tony Khan has learnt his lesson and waits until deadline day rather than buying MLM and Schullre etc. My friends opinion who knew some players being considered early is TK should have brought Kalas and Norwood, plus waited to buy everything else at the last minute because Fulham did miss out of some good options on deadline day. Deadline Day is when all those players who thought they might be starting at West Ham suddenly realise they might be the 25th player in the squad, and then they are dying to leave the Hammers and join anyone.

toshes mate

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 12, 2022, 09:19:25 AM
In July 2018, I know that a Chelsea Scout contact believed that in Chelsea's Scouting opinion the two best central defenders available to Fulham were Kalas and MLM with the third option being very bad indeed, so they thought Fulham should buy Kalas at their price.

If they were the best two centre backs available, then Tony Khans mistake wasn't failing to buy two centre back early in the window. Tony Khans mistake was not waiting longer until an option better than Kalas or MLM were available. No point buying early a player like MLM that isn't going to get out of the bottom three.

Tony Khan's players first players he brought in were MLM, Seri, Fabri and Schillue. If they were the best four players (other than Kalas and Norwood), then I wouldnt consider the next best four. Tony Khan advisors aren't idiots, if they think a centre back is worse than MLM. Even if they are a bit wrong it is highly unlikely the advisors are so wrong that they thought someone was worse than MLM,  082.gifwho was actually premier league material.

I hope Tony Khan has learnt his lesson and waits until deadline day rather than buying MLM and Schullre etc.
Once again you manufacture evidence out of the circumstantial in order to support your pet theories.  How do you know how Khan Jnr thinking processes worked in 2018  only his second window without CK alongside him?  I doubt he even knew how he should tackle promotion until it materialised after ninety minutes at Wembley and euphoria set in before reality dawned for him the next morning. 

Recruitment is like fishing.  The big boys go where the fish are with multi billion dollar boats on the open seas and just can't help but fall over themselves with an abundance of catches.  Meanwhile the less affluent get a spot on a river bank and have to hope they have their bait and lie just right for something bigger than a minnow to bite.   Even a seasoned angler has to be patient and enjoy the peace and quiet rather than fancy their chances at hooking three of four really big fish.  Even fish have their routines that don't include being where you are doing your fishing.  Khan Jnr would have been hopelessly lost without a lot of help from a seasoned angler. 

I think we can all perhaps see he didn't seek help from anyone who actually knew what they were doing ...

The Rational Fan

Quote from: toshes mate on June 12, 2022, 10:00:13 AM

Tony Khan's players first players he brought in were MLM, Seri, Fabri and Schillue. If they were the best four players (other than Kalas and Norwood), then I wouldnt consider the next best four. Tony Khan advisors aren't idiots, if they think a centre back is worse than MLM. Even if they are a bit wrong it is highly unlikely the advisors are so wrong that they thought someone was worse than MLM,  082.gifwho was actually premier league material.

I hope Tony Khan has learnt his lesson and waits until deadline day rather than buying MLM and Schullre etc.
Once again you manufacture evidence out of the circumstantial in order to support your pet theories.  How do you know how Khan Jnr thinking processes worked in 2018  only his second window without CK alongside him?  I doubt he even knew how he should tackle promotion until it materialised after ninety minutes at Wembley and euphoria set in before reality dawned for him the next morning. 

Recruitment is like fishing.  The big boys go where the fish are with multi billion dollar boats on the open seas and just can't help but fall over themselves with an abundance of catches.  Meanwhile the less affluent get a spot on a river bank and have to hope they have their bait and lie just right for something bigger than a minnow to bite.   Even a seasoned angler has to be patient and enjoy the peace and quiet rather than fancy their chances at hooking three of four really big fish.  Even fish have their routines that don't include being where you are doing your fishing.  Khan Jnr would have been hopelessly lost without a lot of help from a seasoned angler. 

I think we can all perhaps see he didn't seek help from anyone who actually knew what they were doing ...

It is a fact that Tony Khan had football advisors below him. i guarantee you one of his advisors suggested Fabri, MLM, Seri and Anguissa before he had ever heard of those players. I really doubt that Tony Khan was watching Marsellie and thought why don't I buy Anguissa.

S.F.Sorrow

The first four players that Tony Khan brought were MLM, Seri, Fabri and Schillue, possible the worse four he ever brought. If they were the best four players (other than Kalas and Norwood), then I wouldnt consider the next best four, which even Chelsea consider the other options worse. Tony Khan advisors aren't idiots, if they think a centre back is worse than MLM. Even if they are a bit wrong it is highly unlikely the advisors are so wrong that they thought someone was worse than MLM,  082.gifwho was actually premier league material.

I hope Tony Khan has learnt his lesson and waits until deadline day rather than buying MLM and Schullre etc. My friends opinion who knew some players being considered early is TK should have brought Kalas and Norwood, plus waited to buy everything else at the last minute because Fulham did miss out of some good options on deadline day. Deadline Day is when all those players who thought they might be starting at West Ham suddenly realise they might be the 25th player in the squad, and then they are dying to leave the Hammers and join anyone.

The problem with your strategy is that we will already be heading for relegation on deadline day. The absolute minimum is a settled defence before the start of the season, and that means signing players in time for pre-season, not a month into the season.

toshes mate

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 12, 2022, 10:22:36 AM
It is a fact that Tony Khan had football advisors below him. i guarantee you one of his advisors suggested Fabri, MLM, Seri and Anguissa before he had ever heard of those players. I really doubt that Tony Khan was watching Marsellie and thought why don't I buy Anguissa.
Depends upon (a) what you mean by football advisors (which you haven't defined) and (b) what you mean by below him.  It is a fact that he went to Nice to talk about MLM and ended up signing Seri too, in a deal that could be described as suspect.  Nice are on record as saying what they believed happened (which later caused the issues with Seri).  FFC have not officially responded to what Nice claimed as far as I am aware.  Both Anguissa and Seri appeared to be pushed FFC's way by the same agent according to said agent and as later reported in the press.  I really doubt Khan Jnr at that time thought too much about anything to be honest, other than 'Wow, isn't recruitment great.  I am a natural, and even Claudio thinks I've done well ... !!!' 

Frankly, your guarantees are as suspect as your pseudo information.

hovewhite

Think if TK is led by Silva then as long as he can get them in then it will be a good window.

RaySmith

Always a bit of a gamble signing expensive foreign players, will they fit into our game - other clubs besides Fulham have made expensive mistakes, eg Man U, most of the top clubs at some time or other, but they can afford to cover up their mistakes - just buy someone else, and move the 'mistake' on quickly.

Fulham have made expensive mistakes in signings before the Khans- Marlet, Bryan Ruiz , for example.

At the time we were happy and excited with the signings of Seri, Anguissa, Schurlle - and none of them were bad players, but struggled to fit in at short notice.
Short notice is a key here - wasn't  much time to bring in  new players, seen as essential.

Blawarmy

Weren't those advisors Brian Talbot and his son?

Kingjay81

Rational fan you make it sound as if it's a shock that TK has advisors around him.

I would have thought 99.9% of FFC fans would have assumed that.

I'm personally beginning to feel like we're in way safer hands than we were a few years ago as the recruitment team are much improved. Tete, Tosin, Williams, Wilson and Robinson have all been fantastic signings and players we've been linked with like Strakosha, Leno, Solomon,  Al Musrati, Joao Palhina are all very good players.

I've got faith in TK and his team. COYW

toshes mate

Quote from: Blawarmy on June 13, 2022, 11:05:54 PM

Weren't those advisors Brian Talbot and his son?
They were what I understood to be our scouting/recruitment tsars although I have always assumed FFC have their own football data specialists courtesy of Khan Jnr's own business interests.  But the bulk of the networking has to be via similar advisors at other clubs and the whole raft of agents, the media and punditry, and any other 'favours' looking to be returned.   In all walks of life you see stuff that appears to be too good to be true and mostly should be avoided.  That is where experience turned into expertise finds its whole purpose.   You should only be bitten once before you apply the necessary barrier to prevent being bitten ever again.  Having a team you can trust because they trust you is what you aim for and when you see it happen you will do everything necessary to keep it together.

The Marco Silva era is still young but it shows the kind of promise Khan Jnr should have aimed for if he had ever realised what a good coach Jokanovic was.   Unfortunately for FFC that wasn't ever going to happen.   But this time around let's see ... no need to panic or throw good money after bad just let teamwork thrive and produce the best results it can.   We know Khan Snr trusts Marco Silva and that is the real key in all of this.