watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

beer

Started by WhiteJC, June 07, 2022, 07:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HobGoblin

And any other porters or ruby ales. Not lager anymore.

Doom Bar - nice amber ale
Purple Panther isn't bad at all, nice with a burger
Bath Ales had a Stout and that was amazing but can't find it any more
Theakston Old Peculier
Adnams Broadside - very nice, bit strong though
Black Sheep Milk Stout - very smooth, only just found this one
Black Sheep Riggwelter

very nice all

fulhamcookie

Grew up drinking Morlands mIld and bitter.

I now rarely visit the pub, but my current favourite tipple is King Goblin or Crafty Old Hen

love4ffc

Here in the States my taste for beer can vary.  Love a good Yuengling lager, one America's oldest beers.  I do tend to do IPA craft beers here in the States and there some great micro brew beers here in Atlanta. 

Not as big of a vodka guy.  Funny enough that is the go to for girls and women here in States.  They love their vodka mix drinks as they say it doesn't make them gain weight  :022: 

Love a good Gin and our own Friends of Fulham himself has turned me onto Gunpowder Irish Gin.  This has become my second favorite summer time drink.  My favorite drink for the summer time though is a good tequila, cointreau and fresh lime juice margarita. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

H4usuallysitting

I can't get on with craft beer

EN1 FFC

When I go to away games I always look out for certain brewery pubs
Marstons in the Midlands
Samuel Smiths in Yorkshire (some good ones in London still)
Mitchell & Butlers in Midlands and North
Thwaites in North West
Getting a decent pint of Dark Mild in London is hard.

fulhamtom

I like nearly all your choices. I started off drinking light and bitter as I usually got more than a pint. My favourite is Okd Soeckled Hen, which I genuinely believe is the best bitter out of a can. The others, Pride, Doombar, TEA and others mentioned are superb, but I've never got Youngs, just didn't like it.

Holders

I still miss the late lamented King & Barnes. Won't touch Hall &Woodlouse who took them over and demolished the brewery.

I prefer a dark ale and there are some good ones
mostly from the small local breweries.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Bill2

Quote from: whitejc on June 07, 2022, 07:13:46 PM
I have 3 "son in laws'

one doesn't drink beer, prefers vodka or gin
one only drinks larger
one will drink beer, either bitter, light ale or larger, given a choice will choose a "craft" beer

personally I prefer bitter London Pride (poison of choice) or Doom Bar (when in Cornwall)

there are several others that, assuming my main preferences not available, I'll "test" to make sure they are OK, such as Adnams, HSD, Badger or Spitfire

I used to like Directors but haven't seen it for ages.

as a kid I used to drink "light and bitter", did so into my early twenties, but I've not tried this in 30+ years, I wonder what would happen if I tried to order it in a pub today?

another favourite used to be Youngs, Ram & Special if we were on a session, not seen any Youngs for ages, I know they were taken over and the brewery closed but I'm sure you could still get it for some time after that?

anyhow, what's your preferred tipple? beer, larger, wine or spirits?

Doom bar in Cornwall, not sure about the draught stuff but the bottles stuff is brewed in Burton On Trent. Normally drink this before a game in The City Arms.

Southcoastffc

For those who favour Doom Bar (the bottled version of which is brewed in Burt on Trent, Staffordshire btw) , try the St Austell brewery's Proper Job if you can find it. IMO it's superior.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

f bloke

Back in the day my northern student friends would bang on about London beer being as weak as  piss water - so when in London I would only allow them to drink either Ram and Specials or Fullers ESB.  That line of attack never survived their first visit.  Interestingly enough c 15 of us had a gathering a few weeks back and most of us had a Ram and Spesh for old times sake.

That said I acquired a taste for some of the Northern beers eg Robinson and, depending on the pub, even Tetleys.

Unlike some I really can't drink the newer IPAs and craft beers, far too hoppy/fruity for my taste which means I have become far less adventurous as I have got older - so much so that  if I don't know the beers in a pub I tend to stick with Guinness. Like the OP, pecking order in London would be Pride, Doombar and then probably Youngs Ordinary

Maidstone Lee

The Guinness at the Chancellors before a game always hits the spot. Never really been one for Ale.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Dodger53

Youngs and Courage Directors are brewed in Bedford by what was Charles Wells... who became Bombardier... who are now Marstons but I believe still in Bedford. Our local 'big brewer' is Dark Star but Fullers own them now.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 08, 2022, 07:54:57 AM
For those who favour Doom Bar (the bottled version of which is brewed in Burt on Trent, Staffordshire btw) , try the St Austell brewery's Proper Job if you can find it. IMO it's superior.

I've been to the Sharps brewery, it's in a little village called Pity Me, near Rock which is the other side of the River Camel estuary from Padstow, the "Doom Bar" is in the estuary and is continually dredged to allow fishing boats access to Padstow harbour.

When in Cornwall I try to drink draft, I'm not keen on Proper Job, too flowery for my taste, but as you insist I'll try and find some when we go to a pub for lunch  :beer:

Somerset Fulham

Most ale is utterly vile but if forced to then I would always go for Wadworth 6X. It doesn't travel well so doesn't get far from its base in Devizes but its as good an ale as it gets for me.

filham

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 07, 2022, 09:03:20 PM
I'm a Guinness Man.
Never known a Guinness Man to touch much else, but I get the feeling it used to be more popular than it is now, am I right.

Somerset Fulham

The new wave stouts blow Guinness out of the water in my opinion.

MartyFFC

I am always very suspicious of a bloke who doesn't drink lager or beer (or Guinness)

HV71

Quote from: MartyFFC on June 08, 2022, 01:41:34 PM
I am always very suspicious of a bloke who doesn't drink lager or beer (or Guinness)

But this is Fulham MARTYFFC  - Sherry anyone ?

Burt

Guinness. Particularly from the Toucan just off Soho Sq, which by great planning is 2 minutes away from our office :)

And anything from the Big Smoke brewery (for those of you who frequent the Antelope in Surbiton).

SuffolkWhite

Drinking Cruzcampo Radler beer in Malaga, only 2% but it is 33 degrees.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"