News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bugger the transfers in, who will be leaving?

Started by bill taylors apprentice, June 13, 2022, 07:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

Lots of talk about how many, what positions etc needed but apart from those who left at the end of their contracts will anyone be sold?

Bryan, Rodak and Onomah are possibilities, Knockaert and Cavaleiro would be high on my wish list.

Anyone else do we need to move on or risk losing?

RAY Rock ????

We have just given away Seri , Hector and Mawson for nothing. I don't think we will have any offers for the players you have mentioned we are stuck with over 180k a week in wages on them. But joe Bryan can do what he wants as he is a cult hero in my eyes. As for Rodak I hope he stays

filham

Need to make sure we keep Mitro, Tosin ,Wilson and Tete , they are the start of our new premier league team.

Buffalo76

Fully expect Knockaert to leave, most likely on loan. Barely played last season and definitely isn't Premier league quality. Personally I'd sell him and cut our losses.

Pluto

Still think it was insane to give away Seri for nothing. We are so thin in central midfield now. Chalobah and Onomah nowhere near good enough. Reed and Cairney injury prone. I think we need at least 2 quality players there. It's a serious problem area.

dfwilson84

:wow:
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 13, 2022, 07:27:15 PM
Lots of talk about how many, what positions etc needed but apart from those who left at the end of their contracts will anyone be sold?

Bryan, Rodak and Onomah are possibilities, Knockaert and Cavaleiro would be high on my wish list.

Anyone else do we need to move on or risk losing?

Fossey will leave. I don't expect Sessegnon or Francois to sign the contracts we have offered them either.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Pluto on June 13, 2022, 08:43:16 PM
Still think it was insane to give away Seri for nothing. We are so thin in central midfield now. Chalobah and Onomah nowhere near good enough. Reed and Cairney injury prone. I think we need at least 2 quality players there. It's a serious problem area.

Did we have an option on Seri to extend for another year?
If so, I wonder if we did a deal with him at the start of last season, stay and play in the EFL and give it your best and we will not trigger the extension?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 13, 2022, 11:10:43 PM

If so, I wonder if we did a deal with him at the start of last season, stay and play in the EFL and give it your best and we will not trigger the extension?

He stated publically he wants to stay so this theory doesn't hold up.

MickTheBeard

if you was on 65 thousand pound a week would,nt you want to stay at fulham,if and i mean if huddersfield follow up with an offer it wont be more than 30 grand a week thats good if you can get it especially as he can only play half a game.

St Eve

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on June 13, 2022, 11:52:23 PM

But did we have an option and decide not to take it or was it just the end of the contract?

Maybe he was open to staying so why wouldn't we keep him?
I will answer my own question and suggest he wanted a bonus for re signing, a pay rise or at least remaining on the same £65,000 a week.

If he wanted to stay his demands were seen as unreasonable.
So if it's anything like what I suggest that just shows what's wrong with players and their perceived entitlement and football finance in general.

He may not get £65,000 a week elsewhere but his agent will be pushing for a fat signing on fee.

Sting of the North

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 14, 2022, 09:15:06 AM

But did we have an option and decide not to take it or was it just the end of the contract?

I will answer my own question and suggest he wanted a bonus for re signing, a pay rise or at least remaining on the same £65,000 a week.

So if it's anything like what I suggest that just shows what's wrong with players and their perceived entitlement and football finance in general.

He may not get £65,000 a week elsewhere but his agent will be pushing for a fat signing on fee.

It was the end of the contract, but we could have extended it since we had an option to keep him for one more year.

I assume the terms were set when signing the original contract, and the salary likely the same as before. In any case the terms would have been set, because otherwise I don't see how it would work. It was the club decided against keeping him for the terms already agreed. Maybe we instead offered him worse terms, but in that case he was free to say "no thanks" as in any normal contract negotiation. Don't understand why this is blamed on the player, or why it would be seen as "entitlement".

FFC had the power to try to change terms, Seri did not.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 14, 2022, 09:19:31 AM

It was the end of the contract, but we could have extended it since we had an option to keep him for one more year.

I assume the terms were set when signing the original contract, and the salary likely the same as before. In any case the terms would have been set, because otherwise I don't see how it would work. It was the club decided against keeping him for the terms already agreed. Maybe we instead offered him worse terms, but in that case he was free to say "no thanks" as in any normal contract negotiation. Don't understand why this is blamed on the player, or why it would be seen as "entitlement".

Fair enough.
My point about 'players' was general but in his case I just think why not take a cut and stay where you are settled (I assume) and happy for a PL club based in London?
But then I don't know all the facts and players will act as they think fit.

filham

So right and at this moment with Carvalho gone the midfield is weaker than it was last season.

Sting of the North

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 14, 2022, 09:29:08 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on June 14, 2022, 09:19:31 AM

Fair enough.
My point about 'players' was general but in his case I just think why not take a cut and stay where you are settled (I assume) and happy for a PL club based in London?
But then I don't know all the facts and players will act as they think fit.

I understand the sentiment, and can agree to a degree. However, as far as I have seen reported it hasn't been mentioned that we even attempted to keep Seri (lower wage or not), so to me it sounds like this one is fully on the club. Fair enough I guess if we believe we can get better value for money and be equally competitive, so let's hope we have a few incomings in midfield sooner rather than later.

Surlyc

If we could offload Knockaert, we'd jump at the chance.

Bryan/Onomah/Rodak could be sold once alternatives are brought in. I don't understand the desire to get rid of Cavaleiro, he's a perfectly good back up winger, but if someone offered us a decent fee then we should sell.

Lordedmundo

I think that Silva knows we need better players in central midfield - hence he is looking to move Onomah on (probably Chalobah as well, although that may be difficult to justify as he signed him!) Seri is a better all round player than both, but for me - he is not strong enough physically or quick enough for the Premier League.  Even in the Championship, he was great in some games, but then completely anonymous/struggling in many others. 

We almost certainly need 2 starters in central midfield, with Cairney and Reed challenging for that third spot.  If the club manage to move on Onomah and/or Chalobah as well, then I would like to see a 3rd player come in as well.

toshes mate

I suspect in the case of Seri his appearances in the Championship was a philosophical call by Marco Silva.  If he performed really well and attracted interest from outside then both FFC and Seri would have had a different choice to make.   Seri was certainly better than Onomah but his consistency was not convincing to me.  I just believe the whole Seri saga from the moment Khan Jnr's head was turned was cursed and a poor piece of business.   I think the contractual choices made over Knockaert and Cavaleiro were just very poorly judged by whoever made the decisions.  Surely interest from outside is always the way you measure what your players are worth, transfer fee and wages equally considered.  IMO.

Marcel_Gecov

Obviously depending on who we are planning on bringing in, I would look to move on Bryan, Onomah, Cavaleiro, Knockheart and then loan out Muniz or Stansfield.

fulhamfever

We signed a lot of players in the championship for stupid money. Cavaliero and Knockhart for £10 and £15 Million respectively and Seri £15-20 Million. Cut your losses and learn from it. I just want Premier League based players that are proven at this stage. We finish 17th I shall take that.