watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

POTS

Started by Cookie6262, June 15, 2022, 08:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie6262

Not sure if I missed a thread on this ( I couldn't see on) but I see Mitro won our player of the season which was no surprise but was shocked he only got 73% of the vote. I would love to know what the other 27% drink because It sounds like something I want to try!

Rupert

Everyone has their favourites. Back in the 70's I would have voted for Jimmy Conway every season, regardless of the stats had such a thing existed back then (pre-internet, innit?) I daresay this is what has happened here.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

FFC1987

Quote from: Cookie6262 on June 15, 2022, 08:37:16 AM
Not sure if I missed a thread on this ( I couldn't see on) but I see Mitro won our player of the season which was no surprise but was shocked he only got 73% of the vote. I would love to know what the other 27% drink because It sounds like something I want to try!

I'd wager a portion of that are US supporters for Ream.

filham

Possible that 27% thought there should have been a separate poll for Mitro in order to make a competition or to realise Mitro would win hands down and thought it worth while bringing recognition  to someone else.

sunburywhite

I voted for Gazzaninga
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

Quote from: sunburywhite on June 16, 2022, 03:45:52 PM
I voted for Gazzaninga
I don't think you will get the same opportunity this next season.

Logicalman

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 15, 2022, 10:31:34 AM

You might lose that wager then as the US contingent don't make up 27% of the posting members on here!  :022:

Will admit Mitro was my choice but I can see the youngsters taking a good portion apiece as well.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

ChesterTheTabby

As a US supporter, nay mate. Where would we be without Mitro? Deservedly the player of the season and got my vote.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

YankeeJim

I'd wager a portion of that are Welsh supporters for Wilson.
or Ivory Coast supporters for Seri.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Twig

It is a bit odd I must admit. More than a quarter, that's a significant number who thought there was a better choice than our goal scoring record breaker as POTS.  I can see Ream would have picked up a few votes, not because of his nationality but because he was very possibly the next best choice.  Beyond that, despite some terrific contributions from several players, I don't get it.

David1879

I voted twice (once on mobile and once on a laptop), for Ream and Wilson. Exactly as someone mentioned above.

"Mitro would win hands down and thought it worth while bringing recognition to someone else"

My vote(s) were purely in service of making sure Ream and Wilson got 2nd and 3rd.

FFC1987

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 17, 2022, 06:06:50 PM

I'd wager a portion of that are Welsh supporters for Wilson.
or Ivory Coast supporters for Seri.

For the US guys, don't take it as a slight, but if you go looking at the general MoTM votes during the year, Ream almost always get's the vote from you guys if there isn't a standout. That's my reasoning and I very much doubt we have as many welsh or Ivory Coast fans.......And I'm surprised by the 27% not US comments....presumably 27% didn't just vote for Ream in second.

I Ronic

Quote from: Rupert on June 15, 2022, 10:19:04 AM
Everyone has their favourites. Back in the 70's I would have voted for Jimmy Conway every season, regardless of the stats had such a thing existed back then (pre-internet, innit?) I daresay this is what has happened here.

Add me to the JC fan club.

JackHamlet90

Had to be Mitro was amazing this year if it wasn't him surely would have been Wilson he was a quality signing for us

Southcoastffc

On the club site POTS, Mitro had 74% of the vote with Ream and Wilson each claiming approximately 7%. The balance of around 12% is unreported.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 21, 2022, 08:04:01 AM
On the club site POTS, Mitro had 74% of the vote with Ream and Wilson each claiming approximately 7%. The balance of around 12% is unreported.

12% would be an excellent beer