watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What Do You Make Of Etuhu After That?

Started by White Noise, January 04, 2011, 10:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Much better game from the big man but is he just a flat track bully?

FatFreddysCat

NogoodBoyo

Gentleman Jim (who I eventually found having a smoke behind the bicycle sheds just before the game) maintained he had a "terrific game - great strength, sheer physical presence in all areas of the pitch."
For my part, he made the first goal which is always a pivotal moment for a side with confidence issues.
Nogood "et uhu brute" Boyo

NorthernWhite

I thought he was immense tonight and made some really important challenges and broke the play up brilliantly. My MOM along with Hangeland.

SmithyFFC

FTID

finnster01

He finally used his big body. Please do that more often. Very good game for the lad and I have been on his case as much as the next man. :clap_hands:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Tonywa

It's as well as he's played all season.  Finally making some use of his physical presence, he played the simple ball and played it well all evening.  Just what he should be doing and what made him so effective last season.

jarv

He is getting there. he wa playing very well before the injury. last 3 games he has been excellent.

The Bronsons

Yes, back to something like the player he should be. Made the first goal and won a lot of challenges. Keep it up.

ron

SouthfieldWhite

Ive been one of his biggest critics, but tonight he showed what he should of been showing all season, if he keeps on like he played tonight, i will take back all i said

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Yes used his presence and size well tonight but I'm with Ron .................not convinced

His decision making and passing are not the best  ..............like he passes to Hughes who is marked but not to Baird who is unmarked passes to Duff who has two on him but Kamara was free and looking for the ball  and he kills our attack build up by passing backwards

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

Quote from: White Noise on January 04, 2011, 10:03:54 PM
In the end I believe yes. Great tonight but lets see him do it for 4 or 5 games in a row and not just against a poor WBA.

LBNo11

...Dickson is certainly capable of giving performances like last night but he is too inconsistent. I think the criticism of him recently did hurt and maybe was the stimulous he needed to get off his backside and actually earn his corn.

Three games on the trot is encouraging and I hope he keeps this form up and doesn't slide back into his lazy ways where many of us couldn't see why he was getting picked; maybe at last how he plays on the training pitch is being brought over to competetive games...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

richie17

Quote from: MJG on January 05, 2011, 07:08:12 AM
In the end I believe yes. Great tonight but lets see him do it for 4 or 5 games in a row and not just against a poor WBA.

You can't play that well four or five times in a row... that's Michael Essien.   If he keeps up the progress and gives us the odd stormer here and there we should be well pleased I reckon.   Fair play to him, he needed that.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: richie17 on January 05, 2011, 08:57:32 AM

You can't play that well four or five times in a row... that's Michael Essien.   If he keeps up the progress and gives us the odd stormer here and there we should be well pleased I reckon.   Fair play to him, he needed that.

I disagree, he should be looking to play like that as mucha s possible.

If he played like that so often that when he didn't it was noteworthy and we lost,
If he passed the ball like murphy and was a legitimate goal threat

THEN that would be like Essien.

Great game from him though, was everywhere at once and bossed the midfield. Once Mulumbu went off, he literally owned the centre of the park. MOM.

MJG

Quote from: richie17 on January 05, 2011, 08:57:32 AM

You can't play that well four or five times in a row... that's Michael Essien.   If he keeps up the progress and gives us the odd stormer here and there we should be well pleased I reckon.   Fair play to him, he needed that.
point taken and maybe it should have read 3 or 4 games, but the point still stands that we need to see some more from him within other games where he just seems to hide. I gave him MOM but he still plays those stupid 5 yard balls to players who have 3 players around them.

King_Crud

He played well, made some good tackles, but the guy just cannot pass. Hughes needs to swap him and Murphy around and stop trying to use Dickson as an attacking player. I still felt there was a hole behind the strikers that needed to be filled, and I Etuhu wasn't there.