more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Rooney Leaving Derby

Started by sunburywhite, June 24, 2022, 06:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61932150

Whatever you think of him, he tried his heart out in very difficult circumstances
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Lighthouse

I can see why he has had enough. In fairness he did a great job there with everything that went on. Did his reputation no harm at all.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hovewhite

Th8nk he has the makings of a very good manager and will have learnt a lot of people skills and man management techniques.

Finnans Right Peg

Don't think he could have done any more under the circumstances, thought they played good ball and were well coached every time I watched them last season

Motspur Park

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on June 24, 2022, 07:27:54 PM
Don't think he could have done any more under the circumstances, thought they played good ball and were well coached every time I watched them last season

Agreed. Didn't let the players feel sorry for themselves and almost made it a fight.

Somerset Fulham

I was surprised at how articulate and knowledgeable he comes across in interviews, and that's my bad for just presuming otherwise.

Fair play to him, seems like a guy who cares and prides himself on his commitments (unless its to Coleen! :005:), I hope he goes on to have a good career in management, he's certainly had a great grounding at that shitshow.

F(f)CUK

The experience that he has had at Derby will really help him in the future. At the same time, he has appeared honourable and came close to keeping Derby up with a threadbare squad and multiple points deductions. If I were a chairman I would rather have Rooney than Lampard.

bog

I think he surprised us all. Very articulate. I wonder if he has got wind of something about to happen to the club or has had an offer from another. All very sudden.   

MartyFFC

Given how difficult it seems to be to get out of league 1, as the likes of Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth and Ipswich will testify; I think he realised that in light of the instability at the club Derby bouncing straight back up is very unlikely. The prospect of a Papa John's trophy fixture away at Shrewsbury on a Tuesday, was no doubt a sobering moment

bobby01

Twitter saying new prospective owners. Thought his £2.6 mill salary was to much for a L1 team. Maybe Liam will get the job.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

filham

Rooney must have gained a lot of respect as a manager and must now be on the short list for the next top job to come along.

FFC In Oz

He did a very good job given the circumstances.

For a fleeting moment, it almost looked as if he could pull of a miraculous escape.

As has been mentioned, he's really impressed me too with his conduct.  One would think that he would be on the shortlist for the first PL club to sack their manager.

Cumbrian White

Not sure about all the positiveness surrounding his job there, no points deduction and they're no where near play offs.

Glorious failure.

Think the media perception would be very different if he had finished mid table obscurity.

It might just be me, success is over a period of time so can indeed take in failure, relegation is failure, he may turn out to be the greatest ever and learn more from this experience than Scott might do with 2 promotions. I would be very unhappy if he was appointed a Fulham manager in the PL or Championship.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

davew

If he can't get a job as another manager, I would welcome him to the Fulham squad next season as he could probably still offer more than some that we still have collecting wages under false pretences.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Cumbrian White

Quote from: davew on June 25, 2022, 08:55:01 PM
If he can't get a job as another manager, I would welcome him to the Fulham squad next season as he could probably still offer more than some that we still have collecting wages under false pretences.
I'd put him in goal........ would certainly be difficult to squeeze the ball past him.

Twig

Changed a lot of people's perceptions. Deserves respect for his dedication and loyalty to the club in very difficult circumstances.  Will he become a really decent manager? Only time will tell, but he certainly deserves a shot.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: bog on June 25, 2022, 08:46:09 AM
I think he surprised us all. Very articulate. I wonder if he has got wind of something about to happen to the club or has had an offer from another. All very sudden.   

Derby have only 5 players I think it is that are not out of contract.
Dont know why Bookies have them third favourites for promotion,they could end up getting a second relegation,clubs in a right state.

St Eve

Quote from: Cumbrian White on June 25, 2022, 10:03:33 PM
Quote from: davew on June 25, 2022, 08:55:01 PM
I'd put him in goal........ would certainly be difficult to squeeze the ball past him.

ha ha

ffcne

Derby under Rooney only just survived the season before on the last day.
Not under any pressure last season so difficult to say if he did a a good job.
Now pressure will be on Derby to get out of League 1 .He runs away.

Logicalman

Quote from: Cumbrian White on June 25, 2022, 08:40:10 PM
Not sure about all the positiveness surrounding his job there, no points deduction and they're no where near play offs.

Glorious failure.

Think the media perception would be very different if he had finished mid table obscurity.

It might just be me, success is over a period of time so can indeed take in failure, relegation is failure, he may turn out to be the greatest ever and learn more from this experience than Scott might do with 2 promotions. I would be very unhappy if he was appointed a Fulham manager in the PL or Championship.

I see what you mean, though none of the other managers in the Fizzy league had the same set of circumstances to deal with.
Given the points deductions, the mood in the club had to have been somewhere south of the basement level, but Rooney got those players committed in keeping the club afloat.
Imagine being one of those lads and reading every week how doomed your club, your employer, is. Confidence & motivation sapping, but then to have a boss that refuses to give up, pulls you and your team mates together again to fight, that is something special, above and beyond the usual.

So he, and they, couldn't pull it off, but take nothing away from the manager or the team, they were inspirational to a lot of youngsters out there.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.