gang

FFC1987

Quote from: Cookie6262 on June 27, 2022, 01:41:43 PM
                  Leno

Tete    Tosin    Niakhite       Robinson

Reed     Palinha

Wilson        Pereira          Solomon

Mitrovic.

Tough question. On paper, it has a good chance but a lot of this is still riding on goals from Mitrovic.

The tougher question is, how strong will Saints, Brentford and Leeds be next season. Some serious players need replacing in those often light squads.

General

The Rock

Probably similar quality to what we were expecting last time around. With Parker no, with Silva yes? Seems a few players short. Back 4 needs something more.

Cumbrian White

Need another 6 on the bench, first team ready, no injuries, suspensions and it'll finish outside of the bottom 3 in my view, the 5 subs thing makes it so much harder for teams in the bottom half.

But I'd back that team to win a cup.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Whitestone

Leno

Reed     Palinha

Mitrovic.

It's hard to say without knowing the squad depth. I have concerns over Reed and Robinson over 38 games too. I think we need more quality than they currently offer to be regular starters.

cmg

Looks like Champion's League to me.

Mind you, my glass is overflowing (although the bottom half seems empty).

JimmyConway

I might argue No. If we add another two quality defenders to that back four then I would argue Yes. I like Tete but would like to see more quality in right back position. Have to admit I am not totally convinced about Tosin mainly at this level. Think he will continuing improving but would like to see more quality added to this area.

roberto w6

Touch and go but we'll be in a scrap to get out of the bottom 3.

It needs 2 better central defenders, possibly a LB although we may scrape by with a combination of Robinson and Bryan as each goes in/out of form. Tete will do a decent job if not injured

I trust Harrison Reed as he showed us last time in the Premier but his effectiveness will be determined by Palinha being as good as we all hope. Pereira is a weak link who I would not buy, let alone start, and we need a credible alternative to Mitro in case he doesn't continue last season's prolific goal scoring form.  Not a Muniz (who will still play a role) but someone who has done it at the top flight in a top league - maybe a player coming to the end of his career. Wilson and (hopefully) Solomon should do a decent job.

In short, Forest, Bournemouth, Brentford, Brighton, Southampton, Leeds and Villa will not be worried about that XI. But if Marco Silva can get them buoyant and we get a few wins in the first 10 games with Mitro scoring, through self-belief we can do it

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: roberto w6 on June 27, 2022, 02:57:59 PM

It needs 2 better central defenders, possibly a LB although we may scrape by with a combination of Robinson and Bryan as each goes in/out of form. Tete will do a decent job if not injured

I trust Harrison Reed as he showed us last time in the Premier but his effectiveness will be determined by Palinha being as good as we all hope. Pereira is a weak link who I would not buy, let alone start, and we need a credible alternative to Mitro in case he doesn't continue last season's prolific goal scoring form.  Not a Muniz (who will still play a role) but someone who has done it at the top flight in a top league - maybe a player coming to the end of his career. Wilson and (hopefully) Solomon should do a decent job.

In short, Forest, Bournemouth, Brentford, Brighton, Southampton, Leeds and Villa will not be worried about that XI. But if Marco Silva can get them buoyant and we get a few wins in the first 10 games with Mitro scoring, through self-belief we can do it

The 11 the OP has posted is far better than Boscombe and what NottsF can put out. Id argue its stronger than Southampton as well who will have lost Broja by then (a player id be throwing money to get).

I think we end up 16-17th with that team currently. I would get Periera at 8m as a backup to whoever the starting AM will be.

Porthogs FC

Quote from: Whitestone on June 27, 2022, 02:25:53 PM
                  Leno

Reed     Palinha

Mitrovic.

It's hard to say without knowing the squad depth. I have concerns over Reed and Robinson over 38 games too. I think we need more quality than they currently offer to be regular starters.

If we can sign the positions we're rumored with prior to July 8th, and have them for all of preseason, and offload deadwood, and then find the proverbial deadline day 3 cheap, good transfers, I think we will have plenty to stay up. Now is the time to make EVERYTHING happen. we've learned enough. time to keep this team in the promised land.

Cookie6262

Quote from: roberto w6 on June 27, 2022, 02:57:59 PM

IF we can get him we are not going to find a better centre back than Niakhite.

bencher

Something about the team seems wrong, lacking in a Fulham identity. I would put Cairney in that team ahead of Pereira at the very least.

Sting of the North

I think the central midfield is too weak. Definitely need to upgrade either Reed or Pereira (based on the little I have seen of him) or find a way to incorporate TC instead of one of them. Also would prefer one more upgrade to the back line. So, toss in one more CM (possibly instead of Pereira) and an LB and we're good.

Surlyc

I feel a lot of this board is far too pessimistic on the quality of our current players. Of the 8 promoted teams to stay up in the last 5 years (Brentford, Leeds, Sheffield United, Villa, Wolves, Brighton, Newcastle, Huddersfield) only Wolves & Villa made large changes to their first team in that first season back. The others all signed 4/5 PL quality players and they hauled the rest of the squad up and along with them for at least a year or two.

Barring injuries, Tete/Tosin/Robinson/Reed/Wilson/Mitrovic are all good enough. Rodak/Kebano/Cairney are all good enough to be squad players. If we sign Leno/Niakhite/Palhinha/Solomon then we should be competitive. We also need to pick up some squad quality to replace the releases ,regardless of who the 4/5 PL quality players end up being, perhaps in the form of deadline day loans. Then it all comes down to coaching, leadership & luck.

We Are Premier League

I think that 11 would be good enough, but I don't think our bench would be and we cant expect all of those players to play 38 games (3420 minutes).

Looking at the 5 teams that finished 13th to 17th last season, the players that played the 11th most minutes in each of those teams played between 1400 and 2000 minutes. That's only about half of the minutes of the season. Also, looking at those clubs we need about 16 players that are good enough to play 900 minutes, or 10 full games in total.

Who would those 5 subs be? Ream, Chalobah, Cairney, Kebano, Reid...that's unfortunately not good enough.

Denver Fulham

Leno

Reed     Palinha

Mitrovic.

I think we'd struggle to score enough, honestly, especially with the current lack of bench options. The midfield threesome is both not good enough and too defensive. Defending would be OK.

H4usuallysitting

Truly haven't a clue who half those player's are

Pluto

Remove Pereira and Robinson, add Musa Barrow and Pellegrini and I think it's good enough. Al Musrati in for Reed would be good to but all seems to have gone quiet on that front