more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff - 04/07/22...

Started by WhiteJC, July 04, 2022, 08:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

O'Neill commits future to Fulham

Irish under-21 international Ollie O'Neill has put pen to paper on a new contract at Fulham in a major boost to the club's academy.

The talented teenager, who joined Fulham's youth set-up after Brentford closed their academy, starred for Steve Wigley's under 23s last season – scoring eight goals and adding nine assists in 27 appearances – as the Whites won promotion back to the top flight. Ealing-born O'Neill had rejected Fulham's first offer of a professional deal at the end of his scholarship but has rejected interest from Tottenham and West Ham to continue his development at Craven Cottage.

The nineteen year old, comfortable as an orthodox central midfielder and number ten was outstanding when used as an inverted winger by Wigley last term, and was an unused substitute for the senior side when Marco Silva's men were beaten on penalties by Leeds in the League Cup last September. His consistent displays for Fulham's under 23s were rewarded with a call-up to the Republic of Ireland under-21 squad and O'Neill memorably scored a 92nd-minute winner in a European Championship qualifier against Sweden back in November.

The highly-rated youngster is set to become the first Fulham academy product to join one of the club's development partners with O'Neill finalising the details of a ;loan move to Croatian club Gorica at present.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/07/oneill-commits-future-to-fulham/

WhiteJC

Fulham 'make offer to Vinagre'

Fulham are one of three sides interested in signing the Sporting Lisbon left back Ruben Vinagre, according to reports from Portugal this morning.

The 23 year-old wing back is not in Sporting head coach Ruben Almorin's plans for the forthcoming campaign – despite the fact that the Lions signed him permanently from Wolves on Friday after his loan at Estádio José Alvalade last season. Vinagre, who made 69 appearances across three seasons at Wolves, only featured eighteen times for Sporting last term and they are willing to listen to offers for him this season.

Fulham, who are poised to announce the signing of Joao Palhinha from Sporting imminently, face competition from Nottingham Forest and Turkish side Trabzonspor for Vinagre's signature, according to the Portuguese newspaper Record. The Whites are reportedly in pole position because of the Portuguese link provided by Silva and the player is intrigued by the possibility of a Premier League return, whilst Trabzonspor are only able to offer a loan.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/07/fulham-make-offer-to-vinagre/

WhiteJC

Player confirms talks with Marco Silva convinced to join Fulham – In London for Cottagers medical

On July 2nd, O Jogo reported Sporting's João Palhinha will fly to London to seal a switch to Fulham.

Prior to making the trip to the English capital to complete a move to the Cottagers, the 26-year-old gave an interview to RTP. His comments are relayed in today's edition of Record.

"It cost me a lot, more than I expected. I just have to be thankful for everything I experienced at Sporting and I leave fulfilled because, with the support of the fans, we managed to rebuild the club," the midfielder said.

"Playing in the Premier League is a dream that I will fulfil. Now I'm looking for success in the best league in the world and I want to prove my worth. I can only promise that I will do my best."

The Portugal international also detailed the role Fulham manager Marco Silva played in convincing him to join the newly promoted Premier League side.

"I was convinced by the project and the persistence. Marco Silva loved me a lot and it was fundamental because he spoke to me more than once," he explained.

"I spoke to several people who passed through the club and they all gave me good information. I'm sure it will be good for me."

Record, after relaying Palhinha's comments, give their own information on this case.

Prior to being announced as the new Fulham player, he will have to undergo medical tests and those will take place today. He is already in London for that.

Palhinha will sign a five-year deal worth €2.5m net per season. Meanwhile, Sporting will earn €20m from his sale and this figure will be raised to €22m, if he ends up making a certain number of appearances for the Cottagers.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-confirms-talks-marco-silva-convinced-join-fulham-london-cottagers-medical/

WhiteJC

Who is Joao Palhinha? The ball winning Portugal star set for Fulham

Ahead of the 2018/19 and 2020/21 Premier League seasons, Fulham went on a huge recruitment drive as they sought to add sufficient personnel to improve their chances of beating the drop. On both occasions, the Cottagers succumbed to relegation, finishing 19th and 18th, respectively.

Now back in the Premier League, many had expected a similar response from the west London side after they stormed their way to Championship glory. However, up until now, they are yet to confirm a single signing. Rather, they have sold Fabio Carvalho and Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa to Liverpool and Napoli, respectively, and released the likes Alfie Mawson and Jean Michael Seri, two players they spent big on back in 2018.

With a little over a month to go before the Premier League campaign, though, Fulham are finally about to make a splash in the market. Marco Silva may be unhappy at the lack of progress by the Premier League returnees in the market, but he will be pleased at the impending acquisition of Joao Palhinha.

Fulham are set to sign the midfielder for a reported £20m and Palhinha will afford the Whites the defensive protection required to help consolidate a Premier League spot. A major issue for Fulham in their last two Premier League campaigns was their leaky backline as they finished both seasons with one of the worst goal differences in the division.

The addition of Palhinha, then, will ease these defensive concerns, with the 26-year-old establishing himself as a ball winning machine in the last two Liga Bwin seasons. Of teams to have played the last two campaigns in Portugal's top tier, Sporting CP have conceded the fewest goals (42). Over that same period, Palhinha made more tackles (185) than any other player as he proved influential in the middle of the park for Ruben Amorim's side.

His departure will be a blow for Sporting CP, but the player has long been linked with a move to a Premier League side and that looks to finally be coming to fruition. For Fulham, Palhinha's arrival is a huge boost to their survival chances. Last season, Silva relied heavily on Harrison Reed and Seri to anchor the midfield in his favoured 4-2-3-1 system, yet the latter's exit coupled with the former's relative inexperience when playing regularly in a top-tier team adds weight to the importance of Palhinha's arrival.

Part of the reason behind the high number of tackles is Palhinha's size. Standing at 6'3", the Portugal international is an imposing presence in the middle of the park and this plays a key part in shielding the backline. While not the most dynamic of central midfielders, he carries out his ball winning duties to a high standard, and this is important for a Fulham side that is looking to shake the yo-yo tag.

With the ball in the air, Palhinha is also a handy option to help counter more direct opponents, noted in that he has developed a statistically calculated WhoScored strength of 'aerial duels'. Of the 137 players that contested 50 or more aerial duels in Liga Bwin last season, Palhinha's aerial success rate of 65.1% ranked 16th, a respectable return for the midfielder. For a Fulham side that did have 'aerial duels' as a weakness last season, this is an added bonus for Silva.

What fans won't see from Palhinha is a willingness to break upfield when he does win the ball. Players in his position may seek to get forward when they do recover possession, but Palhinha instead elects to keep things safe, as noted by a return of just 0.7 successful dribbles per 90. A pass success rate of 87.8% was the sixth best of Sporting CP players to register at least 1000 Liga Bwin minutes last season, while 51 passes per 90 ranked seventh using the same parameters.

That said, the key attribute for a playing in his role is to simply win the ball and recycle possession effectively, two traits that Palhinha does well. You'll rarely see him supporting the offensive, yet Fulham's priority this coming campaign will be to limit the chances opponents have on their goal and Palhinha should prove a key player in this regard.

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/VrG6Aq-lA0OUS7CRpXomew/Show/Who-is-Joao-Palhinha-The-ball-winning-Portugal-star-set-for-Fulham

WhiteJC

May Finally Sign For Lazio Despite Fulham Links   

Alessio Romagnoli wants to join Lazio and talks restarted yesterday, with president Claudio Lotito hoping to close things out within 48 hours.

The Biancocelesti president promised coach Maurizio Sarri a goalkeeper and at least one defender by Tuesday, the day the team will leave for the pre-season training camp in Auronzo di Cadore. The fans are pushing for Romagnoli in particular and things could finally be pushed across the line over the next few days.

As reported by Corriere dello Sport (via LazioNews24), talks between Lazio and Romagnoli are constant now and both parties are keen to reach an agreement within the next few days. Lotito is not budging from his salary offer of €2.8 million net per season plus add-ons, which is still around €500,000 below the Italian defender's request.

Lotito feels that he's done as much as possible by offering Romagnoli a five-year contract with an option for a sixth, so now the ball has passed to the player, who must decide whether to lower his requests or not. He also has an offer from Fulham, a four-year deal worth €4 million net per season.

https://thelaziali.com/2022/07/03/romagnoli-may-finally-sign-lazio/

WhiteJC

Fulham still want Juventus man but have not met his asking price

Luca Pellegrini has become an important transfer target for Premier League club Fulham.

The left-back is the second choice at Juventus behind Alex Sandro, and he could take over from the Brazilian.

However, Juve is reportedly looking for another player in that position, which has opened the door for him to leave.

Newly-promoted Fulham like his profile, and they want to add him to their squad in this transfer window.

He is also excited about the prospect of playing in the Premier League, and that should make the move smooth.

Tuttojuve says the Englishmen are keen on his signature, however, Juve has asked them to pay 12m euros.

They haven't met that amount and are offering less than 10m euros.

Juve FC Says

Fulham should know by now that Juve is not a selling club, and we would do just fine if we keep him on our team.

However, because he would play less often, should he remain at the Allianz Stadium, it would be smart for us to sell him.

There is still a long way to go before the transfer window closes. Hopefully, both clubs will find an agreement over his sale and finalise it before then.

https://www.juvefc.com/fulham-still-want-juventus-man-but-have-not-met-his-asking-price/

WhiteJC

Why Marlon Fossey could make Bolton Wanderers loan switch

BOLTON WANDERERS have reportedly ended their chase for Fulham academy wing back, Marlon Fossey. But things might not be as simple as they appear. Another loan deal for Fossey might be just the ticket for Fossey and for the Wanderers, and here is why.
There has been plenty of speculation over the Fulham wing backs' future since his loan spell at Bolton ended last season, in fact a permanent deal was pretty much signed and sealed, just not delivered. And then Bolton turned to another wing back in the shape of Conor Bradley from Liverpool, who has joined the whites on a season long loan.
But here is the crunch, Bradley will go back to Liverpool come what may, and there is little chance that a deal for Bradley would ever become a permanent deal. This means that come next season, Bolton will again lose a key player after giving him a platform in league one.
This is where a Fossey loan, with the option to sign permanently in January (with a must sell clause, at a set price) would be magic for Bolton and for Fossey. By January, it is likely that there will be clear picture on whether Bolton are challenging for promotion, so everybody will know where they stand, and in the mean time, Fossey would undoubtedly get games under his belt, and Bolton would get another few months to keep an eye on Fossey's fitness in terms of a recurring knee issue.
If Fossey stays fit and performs well, and Bolton are sitting pretty in the league come January - it would be win win for all parties, including Fulham, who would get a transfer fee instead of letting him leave for free a few months later.

The move would also mean that Bolton have at least half solved the problem of an outgoing Bradley at the end of this season. And hopefully with a season of Championship football to look forward to next year, an extra slice of pro football in league one for Fossey during this campaign will stand him in better stead than hanging around, achieving nothing at Fulham's academy. Plus, he already has his own song at Bolton. It would be a shame to waste it.

Evatt, it's over to you.

http://www.boltonnuts.co.uk/news--views/why-marlon-fossey-could-make-bolton-wanderers-loan-switch

WhiteJC

Joao Palhinha confirms imminent Fulham transfer

Sporting CP midfielder Joao Palhinha has confirmed his imminent €20m transfer to Fulham, revealing that head coach Marco Silva played a huge role in convincing him to make the move.

The Cottagers have seen off competition from established Premier League rivals Wolves to land the Portugal international, despite Molineux being something of a haven for his compatriots.

90min understands Palhinha is finally set to undergo a medical now that a legal issue which had prevented him completing the £17m move has been resolved.

The 26-year-old will now complete his medical checks before putting pen to paper on a five-year deal at Craven Cottage.

Speaking to Portuguese outlet RTP, Palhinha confirmed his imminent switch from Sporting to Fulham, revealing that manager Silva's persistence had been key in convincing him to make the move.

"Playing in the Premier League is a dream that I will fulfil," he said. "Now I'm looking for success in the best league in the world and I want to prove my worth. I can only promise that I will do my best.

"I was convinced by the project and the persistence. Marco Silva loved me a lot and it was fundamental because he spoke to me more than once.

"I spoke to several people who passed through the club and they all gave me good information. I'm sure it will be good for me."

Palhinha will become Fulham's first signing of the summer, and the newly-promoted club hope to follow that up with a deal for Man Utd's Andreas Pereira. Talks are ongoing with the midfielder over personal terms and 90min understands that Fulham are confident of getting their man.

https://www.90min.com/posts/joao-palhinha-confirms-imminent-fulham-transfer

WhiteJC

Fulham and Nottingham Forest have 'already shown interest' – PL switch 'attractive solution' for player

Sporting's Rúben Vinagre has ended up on Fulham and Nottingham Forest's radar, according to claims from Portugal.

The left wing-back, who can also operate as a left-back, has seen his game time restricted with the Lions. He managed 18 appearances in all competitions last season, out of which 12 of came in the league, where he played for 545 minutes.

Fulham and Nottingham Forest, along with Fenerbahçe, have 'already shown interest' in signing the 23-year-old this summer.

That's according to Record, who explain the player is studying the first offer he received to play at a new club next season. Having struggled for game time, he is aware of the need to get more minutes in order to regularly evolve.

Fulham and Nottingham Forest have carried polls, while the Turkish club have looked at the possibility to take the Portuguese fullback on a loan deal. He has experience of playing in the Premier League from his time at Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Therefore, at the outset, returning to England will be the 'most attractive solution' for Vinagre.

At the same time, Record state the possibility to make a switch to Fenerbahçe cannot be ruled out. They will play in the Champions League, unlike the Cottagers and Steve Cooper's side.

Fulham and Nottingham Forest have already been in talks with Sporting for João Palhinha and Islam Slimani respectively.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-nottingham-forest-already-shown-interest-pl-switch-attractive-solution-player/

WhiteJC

Ghana: Denis Odoi, a New Star for the Black Stars

A good work ethic saw the Belgian-Ghanaian defender go further in his football career than expected. Now he has the chance to play for Ghana in the World Cup in Qatar.

In many ways, Denis Odoi defies convention. The relatively short defender is one of the most powerful players in the air. As a student, he was often in trouble with his teachers but would later study towards becoming a teacher while playing top-flight football in Belgium.

And even though his teachers never thought that he would turn professional, he went on to play in the most watched league in the world, the English Premier League, and later this year he will represent Ghana in the Fifa World Cup.

That he has made it as far as he has is remarkable enough. But even more so is the fact that he has represented two different countries at international level. He made his debut for Ghana's Black Stars in March, at the age of 33, helping the four-time African champions qualify for the 2022 World Cup by overcoming archrivals Nigeria on away goals in a two-legged play-off.

Born to a Belgian mother and a Ghanaian father, the Club Brugge man grew up wanting to play for the Red Devils. By his own admission, he is "of course more Belgian". But after making his international bow for Belgium in 2012 in a friendly against Montenegro, he found the door of the national team shut to him.

He believes this was down to a preference for the country's bigger clubs, a selection policy that alienated him at the time as a player at modest Lokeren. This, combined with his father leaving when he was 12, sparked a desire to explore his Ghanaian roots. "As a little boy I sometimes thought about that," he says. "You are naturally curious because you know that a part of yourself comes from Africa."

It took a decade for Odoi to finally wear the colours of his father's country. "No chance," Odoi laughs when asked if he saw himself qualifying for the World Cup with Ghana. "I didn't expect to be here. The process took a very long time for me to get everything sorted. I think you talk about three to four years.

"After the last Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon), I didn't get called up, so I thought it was over. I said, maybe I'm too old. Maybe they don't want me. But then it turned out that not all my papers were done."

Two months before the game against the Super Eagles he got a call from the coach telling him that 95% of his paperwork was done, adding that if everything was in order he would be selected for the encounters against Nigeria. "And I was like, okay, if it's done, then I'll come."

A return to the World Cup
There could not have been a fiercer baptism of fire. Ghana's rivalry with Nigeria is legendary and longstanding, and the stakes were exceptionally high. The circumstances were also weighted heavily in favour of the Super Eagles, who had not only performed better at the Afcon but also had managerial continuity going for them.

"They told me [about the rivalry]," Odoi says. "But I think you need to live here to know how real the rivalry is. I knew it was two West African countries that are very close to one another. This big rivalry is about jollof [rice] as well.

"We were fighting for the World Cup. Obviously, it's sweet that you win against Nigeria, but no matter which country it was, we needed to win those two games."

And win they did.

Despite Black Stars boss Otto Addo being in the post for less than two months, Ghana battled through, securing a return to the World Cup for the first time since 2014.

"If you look at the Nigeria squad, they had bigger names. But names are not everything. You can have big names, but you need to be a good team, a good squad. And you need to be a cohesive group. I think that, over the two games, we showed them that we as a team were good, and we fight for each other," he adds.

'Good character'
Odoi was key to the outcome, slotting in right away and starting both matches. His inability to converse in the native Ghanaian dialects has, apparently, not been much of a hindrance, and whatever misgivings people had about his commitment have been decidedly addressed.

Former international John Paintsil was full of praise for the versatile Club Brugge man in light of his performances for the Black Stars. "He is a good player. I knew him four years ago when he played for Fulham and I must say he is a good player with a good character," Pantsil told Graphic Sports.

"I am happy we have found a player like that because he is a great guy, a quality player and a good addition to the national team."

It is quite the testimonial for a player who many suggested viewed Ghana as only a backup option. The debate is hardly new, but with the Ghana Football Association (GFA) making public overtures toward diaspora-born players such as Tariq Lamptey and the Williams brothers, Inaki and Nico, there is a great deal of polarisation among fans of the national team.

While Odoi cannot sidestep these questions neatly, it is to his credit that he has made an effort to integrate and assimilate Ghanaian culture. That includes taking in the food - he is a fan of jollof rice, as well as doughy fufu - and being open to feedback. So far, it appears to be working.

"Obviously, Ghana is a part of me. I have a difficult relationship with my father, he is the part that is Ghanaian for me. So, this is an ideal opportunity to find out what Ghana is: the part of me that is Ghanaian and see where certain things come from, I guess.

"Everybody here is just more straightforward and will tell you as it is. But also, it's like a feeling of togetherness, everybody is open, welcoming to one another. Everybody wants to help you."

Discovering roots
The tricky task of chasing players of Ghanaian heritage to commit to the West African nation has seen the GFA receive some brush-offs lately. But Odoi - who has a psychologist for a wife, Katleen Thijs, and breaks most football stereotypes in appearance - says his commitment to the Black Stars is a big step towards self-discovery.

"I think everybody has to take his time, when he's ready, I guess. For some, it's maybe easier. I come from divorced parents, something that happened when I was 12, so then, it makes it a bit harder.

"Also, I have a family of my own. For my kids, to also tell them what part of my race that is. I look different from white people. I also have to tell them what that part is. For me, I can now show them what that part is. They look and they've watched the videos I've made here, and I guess... super excited."

A word for diasporan Africans seeking a chance on the continent? "I think for everybody who has roots here, take your time and discover it when you're ready," he says.

At various points in his career, Odoi has been written off as finished or simply not good enough.

After helping Fulham gain promotion to the Premier League in 2020 under Slavisa Jokanovic, Odoi found himself sidelined following the sacking of the attack-minded Serbian manager. With Fulham favourite Scott Parker in charge, he played only three times in the top flight, watching from the bench (as well as the stands on occasion) as Fulham went back down to the Championship.

With Marco Silva in charge, he rebounded to play a part in The Cottagers' promotion campaign, even though he left in February to return home to Belgium with Club Brugge.

"I didn't expect to have the career I had in total, to have the career I had at Fulham. I think everybody that knows me, especially for the last few years, knows what kind of guy I am," he says. "Every day in training, I show up and I give 100%. I work hard. I know the player I am. I am not the most gifted player, but every day I show up 100%. I guess it shows you that with hard work, you can get far."

The discipline lesson
With Odoi now flying the colours of Ghana, it is unclear if the father of three is looking to mend things with his own father.

"My father and I, we don't talk any more. I blame him for certain things, like when I became a professional football player and made good money at Anderlecht and was annoyed with him because all he asked was, 'Can I have money?'" he told The Times in January.

Nicknamed The Professor, Odoi also reflects on the chapter that changed his upbringing. "My dad would go out [at night] and come back whenever it suited him," he says. "My mom made a decision to marry my dad also because she was pregnant with me and my sister. She was, 'Okay, I put myself in this situation so I have to take responsibility.' That's also why I'm very disciplined and take responsibility.

"When I was 12, I went to a tournament with Anderlecht, came back and my parents were divorced. My mother raised me and my sister. I know how hard she had to work in a fabric store and another store for us to have a decent life. So that's why every day, when I go to training, it would be disrespectful to not work hard and not respect her efforts."

Come November, Odoi stands as good a chance as anyone of starring for the West African nation of his father at the World Cup in Qatar. The Black Stars are drawn with Portugal, Uruguay and South Korea, a tough but by no means insurmountable challenge.

"I think it'll be unbelievable," he says. "When I grew up, I played with so many talented football players. I was not the favourite to go as far as I did. And for me, at my age, to go to the World Cup, it would be like a cherry on the cake, I guess."

https://allafrica.com/stories/202207030156.html

WhiteJC

Fulham closing in on first summer signing after agreeing deal

Fulham have agreed a deal with Sporting Lisbon for midfielder Joao Palhinha as the newly-promoted Premier League side close in on their first summer signing.

The London club will pay the Portuguese side £20m for the 26-year-old and the Portuguese man is having his medical after agreeing personal terms with the Cottagers reports Sky Sports.

Palhinha has been at Sporting CP since 2012, the year in which he joined the club's youth set-up and went on to make his senior debut in 2016. The midfielder has made 72 appearances for the Portuguese outfit since and played 33 times last season, scoring three goals for Sporting in all competitions.

This is not the only deal Fulham are working on at present with Sky Sports reporting that the Cottagers want to sign Shakhtar Donetsk winger Manor Solomon, with the Israel international's valuation believed to be £7m.

The London club are also interested in signing Man United defender Eric Bailly state Sky Sports and want to acquire his services on a season-long loan with the option to buy. In addition to this, Marco Silva's side are in the market for a right-back too and are still waiting for an answer from Wolfsburg to their £8.6m bid for Kevin Mbabu reports Sky Sports.

This would be a great start to the transfer window for Fulham should all these come through the door as they bid to stay in the Premier League next season.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2022/07/03/fulham-closing-in-on-first-summer-signing-after-agreeing-deal/

WhiteJC

Fulham plotting loan move for Leo Dubois

Fulham are reportedly pushing to land 27-year-old Olympique Lyonnais defender Leo Dubois on loan as pre-season nears.

According to French outlet L'Equipe, Premier League newcomers Fulham are seeking to land Olympique Lyonnais defender Leo Dubois on loan in the ongoing summer transfer window.

The 27-year-old made a name for himself at Nantes before moving to the Groupama Stadium in 2018. Since then, he has established himself as a regular for Les Gones, making 129 appearances, scoring five goals and assisting 15 more.

A right-back by trade, the French international is a marauding force down the flank. While his defensive prowess is suspect, Dubois adds much going forward and can cross the ball with unerring accuracy. Marco Silva's side employs an attacking brand of football, and Dubois should fit in well.

Spamming the box with crosses will be a welcome approach for striker Aleksandar Mitrovic who has been scoring goals for fun in the EFL Championship. With the right service, there is no reason to believe that he cannot repeat the same in the Premier League after failing to do so previously.

While Fulham are keen to take the French international on loan, Lyon are seeking a permanent transfer. Despite being the club's skipper, Dubois is far from a first choice for the Ligue 1 giants and could be available for as little as €8 million. The 27-year-old is also keen on moving on amidst interest from Fulham and Italian club Fiorentina.

Fulham are no strangers to the Premier League but have struggled in recent seasons to cement themselves as top-flight regulars. It makes sense for them to go for proven players who will give them the added bit of quality. A right-back, in particular, was on the agenda given their inability to bring back Liverpool loanee Neco Williams.

The Welsh international did well at Craven Cottage last season and was one of Fulham's best players in the latter half of the season. While the Cottagers remain keen to re-sign the 21-year-old, their £10 million bid falls short of Liverpool's £15 million asking price. Dubois is a much more experienced option and could offer more stability than Williams, who remains untested in the top flight.

With pre-season nearing, Fulham will be well advised to get their top targets in soon. Doing so will ensure that the squad is ready for their season opener against Liverpool. If anything, the opening day clash shows just what is exciting and terrifying for promoted sides as they embark on their Premier League campaign.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2022/07/03/fulham-plotting-loan-move-for-leo-dubois/

WhiteJC

Fulham interested in Ruben Vinagre

Fulham are looking at Ruben Vinagre as a possible option at left-back as Marco Silva continues to track players from Portugal.

According to Record, via Sport Witness, Fulham are interested in signing Ruben Vinagre as an option at left-back. Marco Silva is keen on bringing players in before the season begins, and the left-back position is one the manager is keen on bolstering.

Tensions between Marco Silva and Fulham have been rife in the last few days as the manager seems unhappy with the club's progress in the transfer window. The Cottagers boss reportedly wants to strengthen several positions this summer, as he has a task to keep the club in the Premier League.

Fulham's recent history suggests they got their plans wrong over the last few times they gained promotion. The main objective for Silva would be to retain the top-tier status by fighting off a possible relegation battle.

However, he needs players of the right calibre and quality to do so. Fulham might have dominantly gained promotion, but remaining in the Premier League is a different challenge altogether. Nevertheless, the Cottagers have made inroads in their pursuit of players as they close in on signing Palinha from Sporting CP.

Fulham are now keen on his Sporting CP teammate Ruben Vinagre, who plays at left-back. Silva has been eager to bolster the position in the current window and has been looking at multiple options, including Juventus' Luca Pellegrini.

There are doubts about Pellegrini, with many other clubs interested, including their Premier League rivals West Ham United. This is where Vinagre becomes a viable alternative for the Londoners this summer.

Vinagre suffered from a lack of regular playing time at Sporting last season and may find it difficult to continue under current conditions. So, a move to Fulham might be on the cards, although there are other options on the table for the 23-year-old left-back, with Nottingham Forest and Fenerbahce also keen on the defender.

A return to the Premier League could be tempting for the former Wolves left-back. But the interest from Fenerbahce could be enticing as well, considering that the Turkish club are in the Champions League. However, financially, a move back to England could be the right call, although he would have to compete with Antonee Robinson and Joe Bryan for the starting berth.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2022/07/04/fulham-interested-in-ruben-vinagre/

WhiteJC

Fulham In Talks For Serie A Man But Don't Want To Pay More Than Certain Figure

Fulham do not want to go above €10m for Juventus defender Luca Pellegrini, but talks are taking place between the two teams.

Juventus are prepared to let the left-back move on this summer, but their asking price is proving to be problematic.

Monza made an approach for Pellegrini, but are not prepared to meet Juventus' price, while West Ham United have also been linked with him.

Fulham are the side trying to make a deal happen at present, however they are not prepared to go above €10m, according to Italian broadcaster Sport Mediaset.

Juventus are clear that the Cottagers must offer €12m to get their man.

Talks are taking place between the two sides and they will try to find common ground to allow Pellegrini to go to Craven Cottage.

Pellegrini, 23, made 18 appearances in Serie A for Juventus over the course of last season.

The defender played in Juventus' last 16 Champions League clash against Villarreal as the Italians exited the competition.

https://insidefutbol.com/2022/07/03/fulham-in-talks-for-serie-a-man-but-dont-want-to-pay-more-than-certain-figure/566231/

WhiteJC

Wolves dealt transfer blow as top target declares he has joined Premier League rivals

Latest Wolverhampton Wanderers transfer news as Joao Palhinha provides an update on his future

Joao Palhinha of Sporting CP (Image: Gualter Fatia/Getty Images)

Wolves target Joao Palhinha is reportedly on the verge of completing a move to Fulham.

The Sporting midfielder was a long-term target for Wolves , following his performances for club and country. Operating as a holding midfielder, Palhinha made 39 appearances overall last season as the Portuguese club claimed the League Cup and competed in the Champions League.

With speculation surrounding Ruben Neves' future, Palhinha was mooted as a potential replacement for his fellow countryman in Bruno Lage's side. However, it was reported in June that newly-promoted Fulham had agreed a fee of around £16million for the 26-year-old.

It had previously been suggested that Palhinha's move to Craven Cottage had been delayed, leading to claims that Wolves could hijack the deal. Though with Neves still remaining at Molineux and the club needing to sell players in order to raise transfer funds, interest in the midfielder was said to have 'cooled' .

Transfer journalist Fabrizio Romano shared on Twitter that Palhinha was set to seal a move to west London, having '"completed" the first part of his medical on Sunday morning. Marco Silva's side were stated to have reached a "full agreement" with the Portugal international ahead of a total €22million move, including bonuses, with the midfielder "waiting to sign the contract".

However, the midfielder has seemingly confirmed the move himself, despite Fulham yet to officially announce his arrival. Speaking to Portuguese outlet RTP , Palhinha was quoted by Romano as saying: "Premier League has always been my dream, I'm more than happy and Marco Silva has been [a] key factor to join Fulham - he knows me and my skills so well."

Wolves have since reportedly moved their attention to Palhinha's Sporting teammate Matheus Nunes. Bruno Lage is yet to make a signing this summer but is understood to be interested in the 23-year-old, who operates as a box-to-box midfielder.

Nunes has previously been linked with a move to Manchester City and is said to be valued in the region of £34million , which could rise with possible add-ons. However, Wolves may have to cash in on several players in order to fund a bid for Nunes, with Ruben Vinagre's move in the opposite direction being the only money Wolves have banked so far this summer.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wolves-transfer-joao-palhinha-fulham-24388367

WhiteJC

Report: Nottingham Forest want Ruben Vinagre

Nottingham Forest and Fulham both want to sign Sporting Lisbon star Ruben Vinagre this summer. According to Desporto Ao Minuto, Fenerbahce are also trying to sign the former Wolves player.

The 23-year-old is in the middle of a bizarre situation in Lisbon. His loan move from Wolves has been made permanent for £8 million but he's been informed he will be loaned out this summer.

Vinagre endured a frustrating maiden campaign back in Portugal last season. He made just 18 appearances for the club and wasn't deemed the first choice for the left-sided wing-back role.

As a result, Ruben Amorim has made the player available for loan. He will be allowed to leave the club for the 2022/23 campaign and clubs will now compete to secure his signature.

Vinagre would be a proven option for Premier League clubs. He's made 70 appearances for Wolves, with 35 of those outings coming in the top flight of English football.

Forest signing the youngster makes a lot of sense. They've yet to add a left-sided defender to their ranks and Max Lowe has returned to Sheffield United following his loan spell.

Vinagre joined Wolves from Monaco in 2017. After initially starring on loan, his deal was made permanent the following year where he established himself at the club.

During his time at Molineux, he's been on three loan moves. Along with last season's spell in Lisbon, he's also spent time with Famalicao and Olympiacos where Evangelos Marinakis signed him.

Forest want to sign Vinagre and he'd tick a lot of boxes

This would be a signing that makes a lot of sense for Forest. Vinagre has Premier League experience and crucially, he's a natural in a position that Forest need to fulfil.

Fulham will provide competition but the City Ground will perhaps appeal to players more this summer. Marco Silva has spoken of his frustrations in the transfer market, whilst Forest have been active.

Vinagre loves to play the wing-back role. He is at home when it comes to getting forward and that should make him a natural when it comes to playing under Steve Cooper.

Nuno Espirito Santo is a big fan of Vinagre. In an interview when he was the Wolves manager, he called him a 'special player' and said he was 'so versatile' when quizzed on the youngster.

Rumour rating: 7/10 – This is perhaps a link with no real frills but Vinagre would be an astute signing if Forest can get something over the line.

More than one left-sided wing-back will be required. Forest won't want square pegs in round holes this season and new wing-backs will be sought.

Vinagre has Premier League experience under his belt. As a result, the club could do a lot worse than land Vinagre before the season starts.

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2022/07/04/report-nottingham-forest-and-wolves-want-ruben-vinagre/

Mickeyboro

Quote from: whitejc on July 04, 2022, 09:04:31 AM
Fulham plotting loan move for Leo Dubois

Fulham are reportedly pushing to land 27-year-old Olympique Lyonnais defender Leo Dubois on loan as pre-season nears.

According to French outlet L'Equipe, Premier League newcomers Fulham are seeking to land Olympique Lyonnais defender Leo Dubois on loan in the ongoing summer transfer window.

The 27-year-old made a name for himself at Nantes before moving to the Groupama Stadium in 2018. Since then, he has established himself as a regular for Les Gones, making 129 appearances, scoring five goals and assisting 15 more.

A right-back by trade, the French international is a marauding force down the flank. While his defensive prowess is suspect, Dubois adds much going forward and can cross the ball with unerring accuracy. Marco Silva's side employs an attacking brand of football, and Dubois should fit in well.

Spamming the box with crosses will be a welcome approach for striker Aleksandar Mitrovic who has been scoring goals for fun in the EFL Championship. With the right service, there is no reason to believe that he cannot repeat the same in the Premier League after failing to do so previously.

While Fulham are keen to take the French international on loan, Lyon are seeking a permanent transfer. Despite being the club's skipper, Dubois is far from a first choice for the Ligue 1 giants and could be available for as little as €8 million. The 27-year-old is also keen on moving on amidst interest from Fulham and Italian club Fiorentina.

Fulham are no strangers to the Premier League but have struggled in recent seasons to cement themselves as top-flight regulars. It makes sense for them to go for proven players who will give them the added bit of quality. A right-back, in particular, was on the agenda given their inability to bring back Liverpool loanee Neco Williams.

The Welsh international did well at Craven Cottage last season and was one of Fulham's best players in the latter half of the season. While the Cottagers remain keen to re-sign the 21-year-old, their £10 million bid falls short of Liverpool's £15 million asking price. Dubois is a much more experienced option and could offer more stability than Williams, who remains untested in the top flight.

With pre-season nearing, Fulham will be well advised to get their top targets in soon. Doing so will ensure that the squad is ready for their season opener against Liverpool. If anything, the opening day clash shows just what is exciting and terrifying for promoted sides as they embark on their Premier League campaign.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2022/07/03/fulham-plotting-loan-move-for-leo-dubois/
Spamming the box with crosses? Get outta here![emoji51]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

FULHAM SIGN PALHINHA

The Club is delighted to confirm the signing of João Palhinha from Sporting Clube de Portugal for an undisclosed fee.

The 26-year-old Portugal international has agreed a five-year deal, with a Club option for an additional 12 months, keeping him at Craven Cottage until at least the summer of 2027.

Speaking to FFCtv, Palhinha said: "I'm very glad to be here. It's a big opportunity for me, for my career, to play in what is – in my opinion – the best league in the world.

"I've signed with a great Club. The Club wanted me, and I chose the Club, so I promise the fans that I will do my best, and I hope we can win so many things in this season."

Tony Khan added: "João Palhinha has excelled in Portugal playing both club and international football. He's been one of our top targets in this window.

"While there were other prominent clubs aiming to secure his signature, we're thrilled that João chose to come here and that he wants to play for Fulham under our great coach Marco Silva, and we believe that João will be a valuable addition to strengthen the squad to compete this season in the Premier League. 

"Come on Fulham!"

An imposing defensive midfielder, Palhinha joined his local side Sporting a decade ago. After a number of appearances for the club's B team, he was given a first taste of senior football on loan with Moreirense in 2015/16, making 29 appearances as he helped preserve their top-flight status.

Palhinha was sent to a different Primeira Liga outfit the following campaign, making 13 appearances for Belenenses in the first half of 2016/17 before returning to Sporting where he was a regular in the side that finished third.

A final loan switch followed, as he spent two seasons with Braga, racking up 61 appearances and five goals as his new side finished fourth and third in the Primeira Liga, while they also won the Taça da Liga in his second season.

The ball-winner was then a mainstay in midfield upon his return to his parent club, helping them win the title for the first time since 2002 in his first season back.

He was also named in the Primeira Liga Team of the Year that campaign, and helped Sporting to the Taça da Liga title.

Palhinha made it three consecutive Taça da Ligas the following year, but Sporting could not retain their league crown, finishing second behind Porto despite winning 27 of their 34 matches.

He also sampled Champions League football for the first time last season, helping Sporting progress to the knockout stages, and departs the Lisbon outfit with 95 appearances and seven goals to his name.

Fairly new to the international game, Palhinha was given his senior Portugal debut in a World Cup Qualifier against Azerbaijan in March 2021, but he's been a regular in the squad ever since, winning 14 caps – and scoring twice – including two appearances at the 2020 European Championship.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/july/04/fulham-sign-palhinha/