more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff - 06/07/22...

Started by WhiteJC, July 06, 2022, 12:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Joao Palhinha shares reason for choosing Fulham as Wolves officially miss out

The Joao Palhinha transfer saga is officially over for Wolves, with the midfielder being announced as a Fulham player yesterday.

The 26-year-old has joined the Cottagers, despite having been linked with Wanderers heavily since the end of the 2021/22 season.

Wanderers had seemed all set to sign the Portugal international.

But in the end, the club decided against a pursuit, even though he had been offered to the club.

The hierarchy opted against the move, and Fulham have snapped him up for around £19 million with add-ons (via Express & Star).

The star has given his first interview with the club, and he has shared his reasons for making the move.

He told the club's official website: "I'm very glad to be here. It's a big opportunity for me, for my career, to play in what is – in my opinion – the best league in the world.

"I've signed with a great club. The club wanted me, and I chose the club, so I promise the fans that I will do my best, and I hope we can win so many things in this season."

Tony Khan, Fulham's owner, wrote on Twitter that Palhinha had been a top target for them this window. And he also added 'other prominent clubs aimed to secure his signature'.

Time will tell if Wolves will regret not pushing for Joao Palhinha

A lot of Wolves fans are not happy that Fulham have been able to sign Palhinha.

But it's possible that this will now mean Ruben Neves will be staying at the club.

It is certainly going to be interesting to see how Palhinha gets on in the Premier League though.

He has been an excellent holding midfielder over the past couple of years – an opinion shared by Neves – and will potentially really beef up the Cottagers' engine room.

It is very possible Wolves' decision could look questionable, especially if Neves ends up leaving.

https://www.molineux.news/transfer-news/joao-palhinha-shares-reason-for-choosing-fulham-as-wolves-officially-miss-out/

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Šekularac

Fulham have confirmed the capture of Juventus midfielder Kristian Šekularac this morning.

The eighteen year-old, comfortable anywhere in the middle of the park, returns to London where he was born to be part of Steve Wigley's under-21 side. Šekularac – a Swiss under-19 international – progressed through the Servette youth academy before signing for Juventus in January 2020. He made 23 appearances for Juve's youth sides last season, but he is delighted to have finalised a move to Fulham.

Šekularac told the club's official website: "I'm feeling great and I'm super excited to join this club. I've admired Fulham for a very long time and I can't wait to crack on and start playing games. I've met most of the lads and they seem like a really great group. They've been really welcoming. I've also met pretty much all the staff so I can't complain.

The creative midfielder says Fulham's promotion to the PL2 top flight was a big factor in persuading him to sign for the Whites.

"That was a huge thing for me. It's a great bonus to be able to play the best of the best and we look forward to testing ourselves. I can't wait to begin."

Fulham's academy director Mike Cave added: "I'm delighted that Kristian has agreed to join us. He's a technically outstanding midfielder and will bring great experience from his time at Juventus. He will no doubt be a key contributor initially for the Under-21s, as they return to PL2 Division One."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/07/fulham-sign-sekularac/

WhiteJC

We're all Fulham fans, aren't we?

The frenzied speculation over Fulham's first signing of the summer has laid bare the alarming amount of division and distrust amongst our (relatively small) fanbase. Whether this stems from pure frustration, differences of opinion or even a feeling of superiority based on how long you have supported the club, how many away games you attend or what country you reside in, the constant bickering is getting tiring.

Some make themselves easier targets than others. This may be through their eagerness and enthusiasm to post and share any transfer rumours relating to the club no matter how reliable or unreliable their source may be. Some even go as far as tracking flights from destinations relating to said targets that may or may not be landing on a runway within a reasonable distance of Motspur Park (or Farnborough). While we have every right to scrutinise these accounts and stories, If you digest transfer rumours from any media outlet then you have to at least consider their validity and not take it as gospel.

There are also a number of excellent podcasts and fan sites out there specific to Fulham that generate regular content on a subject we are clearly all passionate about but still somehow receive constant abuse for doing so.

While we don't have the biggest fan base in the world it is highly likely that there will be differing opinions to yours on a variety of subjects so by all means challenge them but keep in mind that other person (like you) suffers enough already by being a Fulham fan in the first place.

I am sure plenty of us are old enough to remember a time where we all bemoaned the lack of any Fulham related coverage outside of the official channels so to have such an ecosystem now no matter how speculative is surely a positive.

If we are being honest then the only person on twitter who is technically a reliable resource for Fulham news is the person who divides opinion more than anyone else, Tony Khan. When it comes to relevant content I would much rather know where Manor Solomon is holidaying than which spandex clad man is fighting in the AEW this week.

Division has always existed in the fanbase but never so much as it does now. Back in the early 2000s it was a feeling of us and them, those who were here before the remarkable rise through the pyramid and those who had jumped on that bandwagon. Then after an influx of American players we attracted a (still strong) US fanbase which led to many belittling the opinions of those who were making all their observations from across the Atlantic based on just live television coverage or streaming. In my opinion, getting up at an ungodly hour to watch Fulham (more often than not) lose, is a level of commitment worth commending rather than ridiculing.

Whether you sit or stand in the Hammersmith End and sing your heart out, whether you risk splinters in the Johnny Haynes stand for a little more money, whether you brave abuse from the away fans at the Putney End or just observe from the comfort of your own home, it is incumbent to remember the unique thing that unites us all: we chose to follow Fulham Football Club.

Whether you chose to support Fulham because they are your local team or because of family connections or because of an affiliation with a particular signing or just because it felt right, you did so like the rest of us when it would have been a lot easier to chase the glory at a bigger club and probably see more trophies along the way (of course we did win it one time) but that in itself deserves some level of respect.

I love the fact that we are one of very few teams at Premier League level where you still feel obliged as a fan to acknowledge a fellow supporter on the very rare occasion you see them out in the wild! Why is it then that we feel just as comfortable abusing each other from behind a keyboard?

The White Wall at Wembley, Zoltan Gera's winner against Hamburg (hell, even most of the Europa League final itself) and the multiple pitch invasions at the end of last season are all fantastic examples of times when we forget our differences and all embrace in our love of this strange little club on the Thames where we've all forged some of the most special memories of our lives.

There is no doubt that the next twelve months are going to be testing times for every one of us that live and die by this team so a little bit of unity will go a long way. Be proud of this special thing that is ours, enjoy the season ahead and try to be good to one another!

COYW!

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/07/were-all-fulham-fans-arent-we/

WhiteJC

Devan Tanton: USYNT full-back on his journey to Fulham & idolizing Lionel Messi

Tanton is looking to become the latest American to excel with Fulham. / Image via Devan Tanton.

Now immersed in the professional world at Fulham in the English Premier League, Devan Tanton found his love for soccer very much by accident.

Driving through Orlando, Florida, when he was just eight years old, Tanton's mother passed a sign for the FC Elite soccer academy and decided to sign up her sons.

While his brother quickly lost interest, Tanton uncovered a dormant passion for a sport with which his main interaction to that point had been watching highlights of Lionel Messi on YouTube.

"It started with that, it was just a coincidence because, in the US, soccer is starting to get more popular but it wasn't very popular [back then]," Tanton recalled in an exclusive interview with 90min.

"I had really grown to start watching highlights on YouTube of Messi. I think I'd remembered every goal that he had done. I was super obsessed with watching him play. I had stickers on my wall and everything. I was just obsessed. My brother let it go within a few months, but I think I found a passion for it."

A year later, after being spotted by coaches during a Barcelona Academy camp in Flordia, Tanton was in Spain, joining third-tier team UE Cornellà.

"The football culture in Spain, especially Barcelona, is just insane. It's just a metropolis for the love of the game," Tanton responded when asked about the immediate difference between the United States and Spain. "Football's the main sport, by a mile. Just being around that was heaven for me."

Originally playing both central midfield and on the wing, Tanton quickly caught the eye in Spain due to his speed and crossing ability. The youngster began training as a full-back; the position he now calls home at 18 years old.

"You could see that Devan had potential for the future, I watched a lot of his games," UE Cornellà director of football Andres Manzano told 90min.

"He's a really quick player, but his technique was also good. Devan is also a very good team player, always with the desire to learn. That is really important when they're young. He really wanted to be a professional player and we help them to continue on this path, to inspire.

"We work with him in relation to his technique and passing game, which is important in Spain. Then, when you have his physical conditions in terms of speed and fitness. You put these together then it's easy to find a good player, if he has the desire. In my opinion, Devan has the desire."

Should Tanton go on to have the career Manzano predicts, he'll join a Cornellà alumni to have enjoyed successful periods at the top of the game that includes Jordi Alba, Keita Balde, and David Raya.

"I'm sure that Devan will have the capability to play with the national team," Manzano predicts. "For him, it will be easier to arrive at the Premier League level than, for example, the Championship. He's a player that has pure technique. I think his potential could be Premier League."

Tanton left Spain to join Fulham just prior to the COVID-19 outbreak. Just like the start of his journey in soccer, this move required a little bit of chance fortune, with the teenager being spotted by scouts while playing in a US Youth National Team match against England at St. George's Park.

"I was extremely grateful to have that opportunity. It was a bit of a no-brainer," Tanton recalled of his decision-making process to join Fulham.

Even so, it took some adjustment for Tanton. Having previously lived with his mother and sister in Spain, his family departed back to the United States, leaving Tanton to deal with life in a new country alone - a situation exacerbated by the pandemic.

"Yeah, it definitely took a period of adaptation," he said. "Moving to a different country during Covid times, I wasn't able to go out at all. I was just stuck in a host family room. The first few months were definitely difficult for me to be able to perform and just feel good."

Luckily, Tanton was housed with a host family alongside fellow American youngster Alex Borto, whose kinship helped at a time when it would have been easy to become isolated.

Next on the list was adjusting to the rigors of the English game. Though he insists the technical differences between Fulham and Cornellà were minimal, Tanton was caught out by the increased physically in England.

"When I got to Fulham, the quality was really top notch. All of the players, even the ones that were big and could bully everyone around, even then they had tremendous quality," the teenager said.

He added: "It was just physically, I was kind of bullied around the first few months. English football is definitely more end to end, so you really to run so much, and be powerful, especially as a full-back."

With that adjustment period to English football now complete, Tanton has his eyes firmly set on the future. At club level, he'll spend next season with Fulham's Under-23 team and dreams one day of being a Premier League regular - a status enjoyed at Craven Cottage by fellow Americans Antonee Robinson and Tim Ream.

And at international level, Tanton is still working out whether to represent Colombia or the United States - though he's been capped across various youth levels for the latter. Either way, senior caps for his country would be enough for him to know he's achieved his goals.

"My dream has always been to be a professional footballer, which technically I am, but for me, I classify that as playing first-team football, in a league like the Premier League. That's obviously every kid's dream, no matter how far-fetched it is," said Tanton.

"And obviously making my senior team debut with my national team, that would be the best for me. That would be a kind of a signal that I've done what I've set out to do."

https://www.90min.com/posts/devan-tanton-usynt-full-back-on-journey-fulham-idolizing-lionel-messi

WhiteJC

Solomon set for Fulham loan

Fulham expect to complete an initial loan deal for Shakhtar Donetsk winger Manor Solomon in the coming days, according to the Athletic's Peter Rutzler.

The Israeli international has agreed to a 12-month loan at Craven Cottage and will conclude the formalities of his switch in London later today. Solomon is keen to test himself in the Premier League under Marco Silva and has rejected interest from Nice and Olympiacos to sign for the Premier League newcomers – after a FIFA ruling permitting Ukrainian-based foreign players to suspend their contracts until next summer superseded an agreement between Fulham and Shakhtar over a £6m permanent transfer.

Solomon, long considered one of the brightest talents to emerge from Israeli football for many years, was airlifted out of Ukraine following the Russian invasion. The 22 year-old helped Shakhtar win the domestic double in his first campaign with the club and became the youngest Israeli to score in the Champions' League. Having scored at Manchester City in 2019, Solomon followed that with by grabbing goals against Real Madrid home and away a year later.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/07/solomon-set-for-fulham-loan/

WhiteJC

Forward 'has chosen' to sign for Fulham – Deal 'close to being finalised', 'confirmed by his entourage'

About a week or so ago, it was made clear that Fulham were in a fight to try and sign Manor Solomon from Shakhtar Donetsk.

OGC Nice were their rivals, and it appears the Premier League side have now won the battle, as the Ligue 1 side are no longer in contention.

This comes courtesy of Foot Mercato in France, who explain the player had the choice to either move to London or the south of France, and he chose the former.

The website point out that 'despite a last minute forcing' from Nice, the Israeli winger 'has chosen' the transfer to Fulham; an information 'confirmed by his entourage'.

Not only that, but those around him said the deal was 'close to being finalised'.

Signed from Maccabi Petah Tikva in 2019, the forward made 106 appearances for the Ukrainian side, scoring 22 goals and assisting another nine.

It appears it will now be Marco Silva and Fulham who enjoy his qualities going forward, in hope that he can produce enough spark to help the Cottagers avoid an immediate return to the Championship.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/forward-chosen-sign-fulham-deal-close-finalised-confirmed-entourage/

WhiteJC

Former Fulham and Chelsea youth player explains why he made the move to Crawley Town
Crawley Town's new signing Dion Conroy is majorly impressed with the club's ambitions and said this was one of the defining reasons why he signed for the club.

Having been released from Swindon Town after a five-year spell at the County ground, the 26-year-old put pen to paper on a two-year-deal at Crawley Town.

In his first interview on the club's website, Conroy expressed his delight at signing for the club. "I'm super super happy, speaking to the manager over the last couple of weeks I have been wanting to get this done," he said. "I am super excited to finally get this done and get back to playing."When asked what made him want to join the club, Conroy said: "The club's had a new change with the new owners, the club just seems super ambitious. The manager, all the staff and obviously the new owners; the club just seems to be only going one way. I'm excited to be part of this."Conroy also has a lot of praise for new manager Kevin Betsy. "He is super ambitious, and he really wanted me to come," he said.

"He said all the right thing and seems like a really good guy. He showed me the way he wants to play football, obviously last season we played against his Arsenal u'23 side and the way they played football was amazing. He showed me clips of that and explained how I would fit into it."

The former Fulham and Chelsea youth player explained what he thinks he can bring to the table at Crawley and what the fans can expect of him.

"Obviously the gaffer likes to play football and I am a pretty good ball-playing centre-half, so that will fit in with the way he wants to play. I am a good defender and I think I am a good person and leader to be around."The six-foot centre back made it crystal clear what his ambitions for the upcoming season were. He said: "To play as many games as I can and get the club promoted. The future is looking bright, and that was a big selling point for me."

https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/sport/football/former-fulham-and-chelsea-youth-player-explains-why-he-made-the-move-to-crawley-town-3757137

WhiteJC

Four Fulham fixtures switched

Four of Fulham's opening Premier League fixtures have been moved, the club have confirmed this afternoon.

Three matches have been selected for television broadcast. The Whites' trip to Arsenal on Saturday 27 August will now be screened live by Sky Sports and kick off at 5.30pm. The match against Brighton and Hove Albion has been chosen by BT Sport and will kick off at 7.30pm on Tuesday 30 August, whilst the SW6 derby against Chelsea has been brought forward to a 12.30pm start to enable BT Sport to broadcast it.

Fulham's game at Nottingham Forest has been moved to Friday 16th September with an 8pm kick off from the following afternoon – so as not to clash with the One Day cricket Cup at nearby Trent Bridge.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/07/four-fulham-fixtures-switched/

WhiteJC

Your Fulham starting XI for start of next season - if Marco Silva gets all his transfer targets

Fulham are preparing for life back in the Premier League and here is the latest on what the club's starting XI could look like next season.

Fulham stormed to the Championship title last season and are back in the Premier League.

The London club are preparing for their first campaign in the top flight under Marco Silva.

He has experience of managing in the Premier League with Hull City, Watford and Everton and may feel he has a point to prove at this level.

There is no doubt that the Cottagers need to add some more quality to their ranks to ensure they are competitive next term.

The likes of Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur will be back at Craven Cottage so these are exciting times to be a Fulham fan again.

They have made their first signing of the summer in the form of midfielder João Palhinha from Sporting Lisbon and more additions are expected to be on the way.

With that in mind, here is a look at what their starting XI could be next season.

1. GK - Bernd Leno

The Germany international has been linked with a move to Fulham this summer (Sky Sports).

2. RB - Kevin Mbabu

The former Newcastle United right-back is a target for the Cottagers (Daily Mail).

3. CB - Tosin Adarabioyo

He will be pleased to be back playing in the Premier League and will he have a new centre-back partner?

4. CB - Eric Bailly

Silva wants to lure him to Craven Cottage from Manchester United (Sky Sports).

5. LB - Antonee Robinson

The USA international is heading into his third season with the club.

6. CDM - Harrison Reed

He enjoyed plenty of game time last term, making 39 appearances in all competitions.

7. CDM - Joao Palhinha

Fulham fans will be excited to see their new signing in action.

8. RW - Harry Wilson

The Wales international will be eager to show what he can do back in the top flight.

9. CAM - Andreas Pereira

The London club are reported to be interested in the attacking midfielder from Manchester United (The Sun).

10. LW- Manor Solomon

The Shakhtar Donetsk winger is closing in on a loan move to Craven Cottage (The Athletic).

11. ST - Aleksandar Mitrović

He scored 43 goals in all competitions last season.

https://www.londonworld.com/sport/football/fulham/fulham-starting-xi-for-start-of-next-season-if-marco-silva-gets-all-his-transfer-targets-3757019

WhiteJC

Coventry City boss addresses Hamer transfer link to Fulham and makes prediction

Coventry City transfer news from CoventryLive as manager Mark Robins is asked about the latest speculation surrounding his star players

Mark Robins has addressed the interest in Coventry City's star men and predicted that a few more are heading into the same category of being on the radar of clubs with more 'clout'.

A number of clubs are understood to have expressed an interest in the Sky Blues ' most saleable assets – Gustavo Hamer, Viktor Gyokeres and Callum O'Hare – this summer, with Hamer the most recent subject of speculation after weekend reports that Fulham have submitted a bid.

Asked what he can say about the link, Robins said: "Nothing. I can't tell you anything about it."

Only last week O'Hare was linked with interest from Burnley boss Vincent Kompany, while Gyokeres was an early summer target for Middlesbrough and has also been linked with reported interest from Fulham.

The manager insists that any interest in his players is a feather in the cap of the club and the progress it has made in recent seasons to have developed a squad brimming with talent that has caught the eye of others.

"I think the fact that our players are getting linked with other teams is testament to what they are doing and what we are doing," he said, "and that is the nature of the game. If they are doing well and have done well then teams will start to covet one or two of your players, and that's going to be the case from now on.

"And I think one or two more will get into that category as well, and that's a good thing because don't forget that's what we are. You know we are a team that develops people to try and move us forward but also for their careers and other teams that may have more clout, and they may get up the ladder a little bit quicker and then we have decisions to make.

"But at the moment there are no decisions to make and nothing to talk about, other than, yes, there will be interest and continued interest in our players that we should be happy about."

Ben Sheaf is the obvious candidate to join the ranks of City's big three given the former Arsenal trainee's impressive progress last season.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/coventry-city-transfer-news-hamer-24408074

WhiteJC

Midfielder has now accepted offer to leave Manchester United – Set to sign three-year deal with Cottagers

Manchester United midfielder Andreas Pereira is reportedly on his way to Fulham.

The news comes from Brazil, where journalist Venê Casagrande claims the player has accepted an offer from the Cottagers, and is set to join the London side on a three-year contract, with an option for a further season.

Fulham are paying Manchester United £9m for the transfer, with another possible £3m in performance bonuses.

It's been a while since the Brazilian media first reported a deal between Cottagers and Red Devils, and the clubs were reportedly only waiting for the midfielder's green light to complete the transfer.

Andreas Pereira spent last season on loan at Flamengo, who despite having a deal with Manchester United for the purchase, chose not to go through with it. The player made it clear he wanted to stay in Rio de Janeiro, claiming he's now a supporter of the club, and told the Brazilian media it's the Old Trafford side who would decide his future.

The 26-year-old's season in South America was full of ups and downs, despite showing good form recently. Now it's time for a new chance in the Premier League.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/midfielder-now-accepted-offer-leave-manchester-united-set-sign-three-year-deal-cottagers/

WhiteJC

Fulham finally agree loan deal for Manor Solomon

Fulham have agreed a deal to sign Manor Solomon on a season-long loan from Shakhtar Donetsk, 90min understands, with the deal also including an option to buy.

The Cottagers have been chasing Solomon for some time and they initially believed they had reached an agreement all the way back in April.

However, things have been complicated since with Fulham reluctant to commit to spending on a player who may be available for free in the near future.

Not only does the Ukrainian Premier Liga remain suspended due to the ongoing war with Russia, but Solomon's current deal is also set to expire in December 2023.

As a result Fulham have been haggling over a deal for some time, but 90min understands that they have finally agreed to take Solomon on loan with the option - not an obligation - of making the switch permanent.

Solomon has carved out a solid reputation in recent years, netting nine Premier Liga goals in just 23 games last season. He has also earned 31 caps for Israel and is capable of playing on either wing.

Solomon will become Fulham's second senior signing of the window after Joao Palhinha, but sources have told 90min that a deal for Wolfsburg defender Kevin Mbabu is progressing well too.

Fulham have also moved to strengthen their youth ranks recently, bringing in Kristian Sekularac from Juventus.

https://www.90min.com/posts/fulham-finally-agree-loan-deal-manor-solomon

WhiteJC

DONE DEAL | Sessegnon is an Addick

Charlton Athletic are delighted to confirm the signing of versatile full-back Steven Sessegnon on a season-long loan from Fulham.

The 22-year-old is a former England U21 international, who has played much of his career as a left-back or right-back and can also cover a variety of positions in midfield.

He becomes Charlton's fifth signing of the summer, following the arrivals of Eoghan O'Connell, Mandela Egbo, Joe Wollacott and Conor McGrandles.

Sessegnon explained he was delighted to join the Addicks. He said: "Speaking to the Manager about the way he wants to play and how positive his message was really sold it for me. He wants to be attacking, he wants to go at teams and not just sit back, and that suits me very nicely. It was an easy choice.

"Ever since I was young I've been able to play either side of a defence or even in midfield. I'm just as comfortable in the middle as I am on the left and right. I like to attack players and I like to get at people. It's all about being positive. As much as I can, I like to get forward and really contribute to the team attacking-wise."

Manager Ben Garner explained how Sessegnon would fit into the team's style of play: "We are very happy to sign Steven and welcome him into our squad. He is capable of playing both on the left and right so gives us added quality, plus versatility. Steven is an athletic player with good football intelligence and technical quality. He is also ambitious and wants to help us be successful this season."

Owner and CEO Thomas Sandgaard said: "Steven is a young player with a lot of talent, so I'm really looking forward to watching him play for Charlton. He's an attacking full-back who will help us create chances for our forward players. He's an excellent addition to the club."

Sessegnon came through the Fulham academy with his twin brother Ryan, who now plays for Tottenham Hotspur.

He made his Fulham debut in August 2017 and has since played 19 times for the west London side, including 14 Championship games. He spent the 2020/21 season on loan at Bristol City, playing 16 games in the Championship. In January he joined Plymouth Argyle on deadline day, making 10 appearances for the Pilgrims. He has also represented England at every age group between U16s and U21s.

Sessegnon trained with his new teammates for the first time at Sparrows Lane on Tuesday.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/done-deal-sessegnon-addick

WhiteJC

Official : Ex-Chelsea midfielder of Nigerian descent signs scholarship deal with Fulham

English Premier League new boys Fulham have announced their new intake of academy scholars, with a player of Nigerian descent part of the group.

Former Chelsea midfielder Chibby Nwoko and other new scholars for the 2022-2023 season signed their contracts on a special evening at Motspur Park.

The new deal signed by Nwoko will keep him at the Cottagers until at least June 30, 2024.

As per Premier League rules, all U17 players are required to start next season on a scholarship deal before they are permitted to sign their first professional contracts.

In his final season as a schoolboy, Nwoko was on the bench against Arsenal amd Stoke City in the U18 Premier League and Premier League Cup respectively.

Fulham U18 assistant head coach Andrew Joslin, giving a lowdown on Nwoko, said : "Chibby joined us from Chelsea at Under-12s and he's a central midfield player who has a good range of passing

"He's joining the full-time programme and is someone who will be looking to make that transition into full-time football.

"We're looking forward to seeing how he develops across the next couple of seasons."

Idris Odutayo, Timmy Abraham and Michael Olakigbe were listed as Fulham Academy players last season, while Tosin Adarabioyo and Josh Onomah played for the senior side.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=44042

WhiteJC

Sessegnon seals Charlton loan switch

Fulham have confirmed tonight that full back Steven Sessegnon has joined Charlton Athletic on a season-long loan.

The 22 year-old defender, who graduated from the club's academy and has made nineteen senior appearances for the Whites, has also signed a new one-year deal at Craven Cottage – with Fulham holding an option to extend that contract by another twelve months. Sessegnon has spent time on loan at Bristol City and Plymouth Argyle in the last two seasons and will look to gain regular first-team football at the Valley as the Addicks push for promotion from League One.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/07/sessegnon-seals-charlton-loan-switch/

WhiteJC

Pereira poised to join Fulham

Manchester United midfielder Andreas Pereira is set to join Fulham for an initial fee of around £9m, according to various reports this evening.

The attacking midfielder, a long-term Fulham target who was previously wanted by Slavisa Jokanovic, is set to sign a three-year contract at Craven Cottage – with the Premier League new boys holding an option to extend that deal by a further twelve months. Vene Casagrande, the journalist who broke the story of Fulham's interest in Rodrigo Muniz last summer, says that the fee for Pereira, who has spent the season on loan at Flamengo, could rise to £12m depending on add-ons.

Pereira, who has spent eight years at Old Trafford, was reportedly unconvinced about making the move to west London but is now eager to play under Marco Silva in the Premier League.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/07/pereira-poised-to-join-fulham/

WhiteJC

Andreas Perreira transfer arrangement struck as player finally chooses between Fulham and Crystal Palace

Manchester United are set to hand their transfer coffers a minor boost after a deal was finally reached to move Andreas Pereira on.

The Brazilian midfielder has been on United's books since 2014, but has not made an appearance for the club since August 2020. Indeed, he has embarked on a series of loans away from Old Trafford in a bid to get his career back on track. As such, Pereira has undergone spells at Granada and Valencia in LaLiga, Lazio in Serie A and most recently Flamengo back in his homeland.

The most recent of these saw the 26-year-old spend two seasons on loan at the Rio de Janiero-based club. And while they were keen to make his stay permanent, they were unable to match United's valuation for the midfielder.

Now back with the Red Devils, he does not have a future at the club with Erik ten Hag keen to move him on. As such, Fulham quickly expressed their interest, with the Premier League new boys quickly reaching an agreement over his fee.

However, with the player asking for time to consider his options, Crystal Palace then made a move of their own. Patrick Vieira's side have an opening in their midfield with Conor Gallagher returning to Chelsea following his season's loan.

And with a decision to make over which of the two London sides to jon, Pereira has now reportedly made his choice.

As per Brazilian journalist Vene Casagrande, Pereira has accepted an offer to join the Cottagers. He has reportedly agreed a three-year deal with the option of a fourth season. That arrangement could potentially tie him to Craven Cottage until summer 2026.

Andreas Pereira funds will boost Man Utd

Fulham will pay Unted an initial payment of £9m. A further £3m will then be owing in bonuses and add-ons. One of these payments is believed to surround their Premier League survival next season.

The news will be welcomed by Cottagers boss Marco Silva, who is busy assembling his squad. And he will hope the addition of Pereira can give their midfield some more bite and know-how.

Manchester United will now be hoping for a quick conclusion to the sale of Pereira. A tidy midfielder, Pereira never quite had the class required to become a United mainstay.

Still, he managed 74 appearances for the club with his best season coming in 2019/20. As such, United – then managed by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer – handed Pereira 40 appearances that season. That's more than half his entire total in eight years at the club.

And the relatively-small fee they will receive for him will be added to Ten Hag's summer kitty. The United boss has funds of around £100m at his disposal before player sales.

That money will come in useful, however, as Ten Hag looks to make the necessary changes to his personel. Ten Hag added his first signing of his era earlier on Tuesday by finally landing Tyrell Malacia.

However, the United boss still wants a new centre-half, while a deal for Frenkie de Jong still looks on after a report detailed Barcelona's desperation to sell him in light of some staggering bonuses owing to the player.

https://www.teamtalk.com/manchester-united/andreas-pereira-transfer-arrangement-struck-player-finally-chooses-between-fulham-crystal-palace

WhiteJC

Player getting ready for medical with Fulham – Travelling to London this week

Following the news broken by journalist Venê Casagrande earlier today, the Brazilian media is now full of reports regarding Andreas Pereira's transfer from Manchester United to Fulham.

Many outlets now know about the agreement between the Red Devils and Cottagers for the transfer, and Globo Esporte share a few more details on this move.

The outlet first confirms that Pereira is moving to Fulham in a £10m deal, plus £3m in performance bonuses, and should sign a four-year contract, with an option for an extra year.

Even though reports in Brazil had been claiming Pereira would spend another week in the country, Globo Esporte claims the midfielder is currently in Belgium. They add that he should travel to London 'this week' to have his medical and sign the contract with Fulham.

The agreement between Manchester United and the Cottagers had already been widely reported in Brazil, and the big news today is that the 26-year-old finally said yes to the offer.

In his year on loan at Flamengo, Pereira had eight goals and three assists in 52 appearances.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-getting-ready-medical-fulham-travelling-london-week/

WhiteJC

Andreas Pereira: Fulham agree £10m fee for Man Utd midfielder

Andreas Pereira scored four goals in 74 games for Manchester United

Premier League newcomers Fulham have agreed a £10m deal - including add-ons - for Manchester United and Brazil midfielder Andreas Pereira.

Pereira, 26, spent last season on loan at Flamengo and is set to sign a three-year deal with the Cottagers.

He joined United in 2012 but failed to establish himself in the first-team and also spent time on loan at Granada, Valencia and Lazio.

Pereira played 74 times in total for the Red Devils, scoring four goals.

The signing would be Fulham's second of the summer since gaining promotion from the Championship, having brought in Portugal defensive midfielder Joao Palhinha from Sporting Lisbon for a reported £17m.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62057207

WhiteJC

Man United outcast Andreas Pereira agrees to join Fulham after they agree a £10m deal with a 20% sell-on clause for the midfielder... who hasn't played for the Red Devils in nearly TWO years

Andreas Pereira is closing in on completing a move to Fulham for £10million
    Pereira has become a forgotten man at Old Trafford in the last two years
    The midfielder has spent 2022 on loan at Flamengo in homeland of Brazil
    But he is now set for a return to England with the Premier League new boys

Manchester United midfielder Andreas Pereira has agreed to move to Fulham in a £10m deal.

United have accepted Fulham's offer for £8m with £2m in add-ons and a 20 per cent sell-on clause.

Pereira has become a forgotten man at Old Trafford having not played for the club for nearly two years, last featuring as a substitute in a last-16 Europa League win over LASK in the post-lockdown ties played in August 2020.

Manchester United's Andreas Pereira has spent 2022 on loan at Brazilian club Flamengo

Since then he has been out on loan at Lazio as well as Brazilian club Flamengo, and recently stated he wished to stay in his homeland.

He said: 'I'm not the one who decides - it's up to Man United. I would like to stay at Flamengo, but it's not in my hands. I'll see what's best for me and the club.

'I love Flamengo. We will soon speak and decide. My relationship between me and Flamengo has always been very good. This year was incredible for me.

'If it doesn't work out, I'll always leave with my head held high. I love the club, I love Flamengo, I'm Flamengo. I will come back in the future.'

The 26-year-old has made 75 appearances for United in all competitions across his eight years at the club, scoring four goals, but has only spent four seasons at Old Trafford, with loans also at to Granada, Valencia.

The one-cap international has one year left on his Red Devils contract but is an outcast at the club.

Pereira will become Fulham's second major acquisition this summer having earlier in July completed the signing of Joao Palhinha from Sporting Lisbon for £17.2million.

'I'm very glad to be here. It's a big opportunity for me, for my career, to play in what is - in my opinion - the best league in the world,' Palhinha said in an interview with FFCtv.

'I've signed with a great club. The club wanted me, and I chose the club, so I promise the fans that I will do my best, and I hope we can win so many things in this season.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10985095/Manchester-United-outcast-Andreas-Pereira-agrees-join-Fulham-clubs-agree-10m-deal.html