watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

State of Play

Started by ALG01, July 08, 2022, 12:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

Four weeks to KO and we have made one signing.

Apparently we have absolutely learned nothing and are incapable of getting a squad together to give Silva a sporting chance of success.

I like the names of the players being suggested in the media but until they are here and training with the squad they mean nothing and can fall through.

One signing and a a very thin squad with four weeks to go spells russian roulette again. I suspect silva will be gone as usual in autum as he carries the can (or walks) for the incompetence of our leaders. Great shame, we had a good chance to do well this time just being squandered.

If we get at least three top class names signed up today i will retract.

cmg

A bob each way in a two-horse race.

ALG01

Quote from: cmg on July 08, 2022, 12:35:50 PM

A bob each way in a two-horse race.

You're Right 082.gif

cmg

:wine:

In the words of the immortal JC (that's Johan Cruyff, not the other one):
"I rarely make a mistake, as it is very difficult for me to be wrong."

bill taylors apprentice

This is a view that is reasonable especially with the transfer history of late and how it affected results in the past.

But frustrating as it is waiting, if we add Soloman along with Pererira, Leno and a quality CB by the middle of next week that will be excellent in my book.

An additional forward and a FB by next weekend will round it off for me.

ALG01

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 08, 2022, 01:21:29 PM
This is a view that is reasonable especially with the transfer history of late and how it affected results in the past.

But frustrating as it is waiting, if we add Soloman along with Pererira, Leno and a quality CB by the middle of next week that will be excellent in my book.

An additional forward and a FB by next weekend will round it off for me.

I agree but really every day that passes is a day lost in pre season for silva and both slav and parker fell foul.

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: cmg on July 08, 2022, 01:14:47 PM

:wine:

In the words of the immortal JC (that's Johan Cruyff, not the other one):
"I rarely make a mistake, as it is very difficult for me to be wrong."
One of my favourite quotes is also attributed to him I believe - 'If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better'

Classic94

I agree with the sentiment but we're seemingly on the cusp of signing 3, possibly 4 more players. Get these over the line and things look very different.

If we've still only signed 1 player by this time next week, I'll be fully on board.

hovewhite

Think if we get diop ,Leno and periera followed by Solomon then think Silva will have a head start on Slav and Parker as long as the above players  are signed for the last friendly at the cottage.
Also Parker was safety first and think Silva won't be.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: hovewhite on July 08, 2022, 04:28:26 PM
Think if we get diop ,Leno and periera followed by Solomon then think Silva will have a head start on Slav and Parker as long as the above players  are signed for the last friendly at the cottage.
Also Parker was safety first and think Silva won't be.

There is no 'safety first' with our current defense. If we fail to strengthen our defense we will 100% be relegated. But we are just 4-5 signings away from a decent PL squad so I've not given up hope yet.

ALG01

thanks for all your comments and I appreciate it stayed sensible and nobody took the post off topic.
This is about continuing poor management and not learning lessons.
obviously i do know things do not 'just happen,' but the last two times we went up we were assured pre season was shambolic because there was little time because we went up via the play offs...but forest are making signings. we have had ages to get our targets lined up, agreed and over the line.... this is genuinely not encouraging and even if three or four turn up this week in a fanfare, it remains poor.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I think this is about the fact that Marco has set the bar higher this year for TK.  (and us lot)
and has probably said "I would rather give it a go with what we have than bringing in
padding"
We've been through the Seri and Anguissa era and this is our opportunity to 'get it right'
The quality we (supposedly) are after is excellent but as we are finding, is not that easy to achieve.
It's the FIFA rules that are slowing down the Solomom signing, whether we knew or should have
known, who knows.
Anyway, we are still all FFC supporters and after 60 years I am "sort of used to this"

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: ALG01 on July 08, 2022, 11:27:13 PM
thanks for all your comments and I appreciate it stayed sensible and nobody took the post off topic.
This is about continuing poor management and not learning lessons.
obviously i do know things do not 'just happen,' but the last two times we went up we were assured pre season was shambolic because there was little time because we went up via the play offs...but forest are making signings. we have had ages to get our targets lined up, agreed and over the line.... this is genuinely not encouraging and even if three or four turn up this week in a fanfare, it remains poor.

If we were buying players in the same class as Bryan, BD-Reid, Kebano, Odoi, Knockaert, Caveleiro etc etc where considering their situation it was a step up or a good sideways move to join FFC I would be worried about why its taking so long.

But all the players we are connected with are of a higher quality even if their current team is not.
This will surely mean the players have additional concerns and issues over signing, regardless of whether they have been offered a pay increase or not.

I confess having to reason with myself that in time it will all be well and not let the frustration get the better of me.

mrmicawbers

I'm convinced you won't have to fret for much longer.

General

We could have three more signings by early next week. If things are to believed we've already potentially signed two and a third is simply waiting on paperwork from Fifa.

filham

None of us really know the situation but according to the rumours we are close to signing players of quality in the required positions. I seems that getting club and players to agree to an early move is not easy as they are happy to hang on for better offers.

Lets hope TK and Silva can get more transfers over the line soon but meanwhile lets give them our encouragement.