watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steven Sess

Started by glenhodgso, July 08, 2022, 01:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenhodgso

Out of contract then given and new 1+1 deal - loaned to L1 Charlton for the season.

Assume we are paying him a bit more that Charlton can afford.

Second L1 loan in a row.

Love the lad an' all - but why would we do this ?

Anyone shed some light / share some insight please?

Bocanegra

I'm probably wrong but might not be worst deal:

We are paying a percentage of his wages, which you can't imagine are incredibly high - Charlton pay rest.

If he does well we can trigger additional year and sell for a price that covers the wages we paid for this season + some extra?

Seems a bit unnecessary for potential rewards involved. Would have understood it more if his brother was still here.

fulhamfever

Just happy Ryan his bro is getting a chance under Conte at Spurs

MartyFFC

sunburywhite

Possibly out of loyalty to the family after Ryan signed a contract so we would get a fee
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Colton F.C.

Presumably would not get game time in the Championship.

Andy S

There is nothing weird about it at all. It's good business. It gives him another year to become a saleable commodity and its cost us peanuts

vancouver

He needs regular football. Charlton are likely to promote, and we can extend his loan again. He still is young and has potential still in my eyes. Good asset management.

Jims Dentist

IF he can stay fit, CAFC can be a good move for him.
Big ground, if they do well big crowds for League 1.

Motspur Park

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 08, 2022, 04:25:45 PM
Possibly out of loyalty to the family after Ryan signed a contract so we would get a fee
This would be my take on things as well.

The Rational Fan

If he recovers from injuries and we go down, then he will be a useful squad full back in the championship that plays both sides. If doesn't recover, then his contact ends. If we don't go down, then we sell him. Sending a few players on loan in case we go down is not bad business. I think Kongolo, Onamah and Muniz may need a season on loan too.

RaySmith

Valuable experience for him - will help him improve as a player.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 09, 2022, 10:27:53 AM
If he recovers from injuries and we go down, then he will be a useful squad full back in the championship that plays both sides. If doesn't recover, then his contact ends. If we don't go down, then we sell him. Sending a few players on loan in case we go down is not bad business. I think Kongolo, Onamah and Muniz may need a season on loan too.

Spot on!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I certainly agree with Onomah. (or sell him)
Kongolo depends on what defencive players we bring in.
Muniz I would keep, he's shown some real promise in the flashes we've see and he's still a "child"   :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Twig

Precisely

Logicalman

That makes a lot of sense.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

toshes mate

Quote from: Andy S on July 08, 2022, 05:18:41 PM
There is nothing weird about it at all. It's good business. It gives him another year to become a saleable commodity and its cost us peanuts
Quote from: vancouver on July 08, 2022, 05:44:30 PM
He needs regular football. Charlton are likely to promote, and we can extend his loan again. He still is young and has potential still in my eyes. Good asset management.
Nicely put guys and makes sense to me.

MartyFFC

I just think if he's not good enough for the championship at 22 years of age, he's hardly going to be commanding a 7-figure transfer fee anytime soon. And as for Charlton being likely to promote, they're not even expected to make the top 10. Good luck to him anyway, his brother is one of my favourite players of recent times

Sting of the North

I think many get to hung up on age. Injuries have derailed his career so far, and in my book he was good enough for the Championship 3 years ago. Parker sacrificed him on the altar of safety first after a few less good performances, but before that he was getting lots of praise. Smart move by the club, little downside big potential upside.