watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- Wheel chair tennis

Started by bog, July 09, 2022, 09:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Did anyone see the wheelchair tennis doubles last night? I saw the deciding set. Phenomenal ability shown by all four players. 

Lighthouse

Yes I did and became involved with the great fight back by the British pair. Who had already faced each other that day in the singles. So they must have been really tired.

The moment I know a sport has become a must watch is when I swear at the tv. As I have done with the Women's football and did last night at the Wheelchair tennis. Great shots and great tension.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

Motspur Park

It is not so long ago that a person in a wheelchair would have had no opportunity play sport at any level or be able to use public transport. More can, should and will be done for people with disabilities but it is great that things are improving and recognition and coverage at tournaments like Wimbledon will help.

bog

Quote from: Motspur Park on July 09, 2022, 09:58:33 AM
It is not so long ago that a person in a wheelchair would have had no opportunity play sport at any level or be able to use public transport. More can, should and will be done for people with disabilities but it is great that things are improving and recognition and coverage at tournaments like Wimbledon will help.

+1  :54:

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.