Dembele Failed Fitness Test

Started by White Noise, January 05, 2011, 08:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Mousa Dembele close to Fulham return

Jan 4 2011

By Jacob Murtagh

Mousa Dembele

MOUSA Dembele is in line to return for Saturday's FA Cup clash with Peterborough.

The Fulham striker was due to play against West Brom but failed a late fitness test.

But boss Mark Hughes is hopeful he will shake off his ankle injury in time to line up against Posh.

He said: "We stepped up Mousa's training yesterday and he got through most of the session.

"But he came in today and failed a fitness test. We're hopeful he'll be available for the weekend."

Tom

It's ok, get him 100% healthy before playing again.
Fulham for life!

BalDrick

Quote from: Tom on January 05, 2011, 08:09:46 AM

Indeed - shouldn't need him for Posh anyway really. Though they can hardly be worse than West Brom.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Tom

Quote from: BalDrick on January 05, 2011, 08:27:34 AM
Quote from: Tom on January 05, 2011, 08:09:46 AM

Indeed - shouldn't need him for Posh anyway really. Though they can hardly be worse than West Brom.
I would not play him against Posh. If we need him against Posh, we are in some serious deep sh!t!
Fulham for life!

LBNo11

...its down to that old dilemma, play him and he could get injured - or don't play him and it stops him getting competetive match sharp quicker.

Probably best to give him a run in the first half before the frustration and tired late tackles come in in the second...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FC Silver Fox

What is a fitness test nowadays?
Do they make him run up and down a bit?  Do they stretch his muscles to see if it hurts?  Do they do scans and stuff?   All of the above or something else?
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

HatterDon

Posh are pushing for promotion. That means they know how to defend leads and finish off games. I don't care what league they're in, their mentality is "we can beat anyone." That makes them much more dangerous than the WBA we saw yesterday.

Think about the NCAA b-ball playoffs, Tom. How many times have you seen a small or mid-major with a great W-L record take a fairly good Big 10 or ACC team to the cleaners?

I wait for Freddy to ask, "What's a mid-major." We can tell him it's Yankee rocking slang or some such.  :drums:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ImperialWhite

Quote from: HatterDon on January 05, 2011, 02:03:55 PM
Posh are pushing for promotion. That means they know how to defend leads and finish off games. I don't care what league they're in, their mentality is "we can beat anyone." That makes them much more dangerous than the WBA we saw yesterday.

Think about the NCAA b-ball playoffs, Tom. How many times have you seen a small or mid-major with a great W-L record take a fairly good Big 10 or ACC team to the cleaners?

I wait for Freddy to ask, "What's a mid-major." We can tell him it's Yankee rocking slang or some such.  :drums:

Not sure I agree, HD. They're pushing for promotion, but in League One, and via the playoffs, not in an automatic spot. And they're not even in the playoff spots yet. Plus, they've gone through 4 managers in a couple of years and in their own words they've had a mediocre season (well, a few of the contributors to 606 think so - although they do think they can pull off an upset).

Upsets do happen in cup games, but we're at home - even with a team of less senior players we'd have to ask some very serious questions if we didn't win (probably 'why weren't you taking it seriously enough?').