watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff - 12/07/22...

Started by WhiteJC, July 12, 2022, 12:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Andreas Pereira reveals 'key factor' that sealed Fulham transfer, as Man Utd pocket impressive sum

Andreas Pereira has pocketed Man Utd a tidy sum after completing his move to Fulham, and the midfielder revealed who played a pivotal role in making the deal happen.

The 26-year-old's time at Old Trafford has come to an end after 11 years on the club's books. Pereira has officially joined Premier League new boys Fulham, with the deal confirmed on both the Cottagers' and Red Devils' websites.

A Fulham statement revealed Pereira has penned a four-year deal running until 2026. Marco Silva's side have a club option to extend his stay by a further 12 months.

Fulham's statement described the fee as 'undisclosed', though transfer guru Fabrizio Romano was on top of the finances last week.

Romano tweeted Manchester United would receive an initial £10m that could rise to £13m pending add-ons. That represents excellent business for United given Pereira had no future under new boss Erik ten Hag.

Regarding the move, Pereira stressed the importance of Fulham manager Marco Silva.

Silva previously played a pivotal role in bringing Joao Palhinha to Craven Cottage at Wolves' expense. According to Pereira, the Portuguese boss was again at the heart of their latest coup.

"I'm very happy to be here and I can't wait to start the season with Fulham," said Pereira.

"I want to help Fulham as much as I can to be where they belong. Marco Silva was very important for this. I spoke a lot with him, and he was a key factor in me being here."

Fulham co-owner, Tony Khan, added: "It's a tremendous pleasure to welcome Andreas Pereira to Fulham! Andreas is a very talented player, and he's excited to join Fulham and work with our great coach Marco Silva.

"We believe that Andreas will be a valuable asset for the Club, and he'll be an important part of our squad as we prepare for our return to the Premier League! Come on Fulham!"

Can Andreas Pereira help Fulham end the trend?

Fulham have either been promoted or relegated in each of their last five seasons. The upcoming campaign marks their third crack at the Premier League in the last five years.

After a slow start to the transfer window, Palhinha and Pereira have now arrived. A loan move for Manor Solomon is also in the works.

As a newly-promoted side, Fulham will begin the season as one of the favourites to go down. However, their truly superb Championship campaign – spearheaded by Aleksandar Mitrovic – will give them hope they can finally reverse their yo-yo trend.

The Serbian set the Championship record for goals in a single season with 43 last season. Notching even just a third of that tally would give Silva's side a genuine shot at beating the drop.

https://www.teamtalk.com/manchester-united/andreas-pereira-key-factor-sealed-fulham-transfer-man-utd-pocket-impressive-sum

WhiteJC

Andreas Pereira: Fulham complete signing of Manchester United's Andreas Pereira

Pereira had been at Manchester United for 11 years, making 75 appearances for the first-team; the Brazilian spent the last two seasons on loan at Lazio in Italy and Flamengo in his native country; Pereira is Fulham's second signing of the window

Andreas Pereira has completed his move to Fulham

Fulham have completed the signing of Manchester United midfielder Andreas Pereira for a fee understood to be worth £10m.

United have retained a 20 per cent sell-on fee in the deal, Sky Sports News understands, with Fulham paying £8m up front and a further £2m in add-ons.

The Brazilian midfielder has spent the last 11 years at Old Trafford, coming through the youth academy as a teenager. Pereira made 75 appearances for United in total, scoring four times.

The 26-year-old spent last season on loan at Brazilian side Flamengo, scoring eight goals in 31 appearances. His last United appearance came at the end of the 2019/20 season, with the midfielder spending the following campaign at Serie A Lazio.

Pereira is Fulham's second signing since their promotion back to the Premier League last season, with fellow midfielder Joao Palhinha joining from Sporting Lisbon on an undisclosed fee.

Fulham are also set to sign Shakhtar Donetsk winger Manor Solomon on a season-long loan after the 22-year-old completed his medical.

"I'm very happy to be here and I can't wait to start the season with Fulham, Pereira told the Fulham official website. "I want to help Fulham as much as I can to be where they belong.

"Marco Silva was very important for this. I spoke a lot with him, and he was a key factor in me being here."

West Ham want £20m from Fulham for Diop

West Ham are also in talks with Fulham over the sale of defender Issa Diop, but there is a gap in valuation between the two sides.

Initial talks had centred around an initial £12m plus performance-related add-ons but the Irons value the centre-back at around £20m.

The 25-year-old, who joined West Ham for a then club-record £21.9m from Toulouse in June 2018, started just 10 Premier League games last season as he made 26 appearances in all competitions.

Fulham are in the market for a central defender, having previously approached Manchester United over Eric Bailly's availability earlier this window.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12650137/andreas-pereira-fulham-complete-signing-of-manchester-uniteds-andreas-pereira

WhiteJC

Manchester United transfer news: Midfielder departs for Fulham in £10million deal
Manchester United's rebuild under Erik Ten Hag continues with midfielder shipped out to Fulham.

Fulham have raided Manchester United for midfielder Andreas Pereira as they attempt to build a squad capable of surviving in the Premier League.

The Cottagers have become a classic 'yo-yo club' in recent times, bouncing between relegation from the Premier League and promotion from the Championship.

They will attempt to make their most recent return to the top flight a lasting one this season, and Brazilian Pereira has been added to the squad on a four-year deal to help strengthen that bid.

The 26-year-old, who progressed through the Old Trafford youth system after joining from PSV Eindhoven in 2011, has joined the Cottagers for an initial £8million and a further £2m in potential add-ons.

Fulham have an option of an extra year in his contract which could tie to him to Craven Cottage until 2027.

Pereira made 75 first-team appearances for United, who have loaned him out to Granada, Valencia, Lazio and Flamengo, but has left in search of more regular action.

Pereira said on Fulham's website: "I'm very happy to be here and I can't wait to start the season with Fulham.

"I want to help Fulham as much as I can to be where they belong. Marco Silva was very important for this. I spoke a lot with him, and he was a key factor in me being here."

Meanwhile, Fulham owner Tony Khan added: "It's a tremendous pleasure to welcome Andreas Pereira to Fulham! Andreas is a very talented player, and he's excited to join Fulham and work with our great coach Marco Silva.

"We believe that Andreas will be a valuable asset for the Club, and he'll be an important part of our squad as we prepare for our return to the Premier League! Come on Fulham!"

https://www.planetsport.com/soccer/news/manchester-united-transfer-news-midfielder-departs-fulham-10million-deal

WhiteJC

Fulham 'closing in' on signing of Wolfsburg defender Kevin Mbabu while Premier League new boys are 'confident' of completing deal for Arsenal goalkeeper Bernd Leno

Fulham have stepped up their pursuit of Wolfsburg defender Kevin Mbabu
    Swiss International is looking for a new challenge after three years in Germany
    Fulham are confident of landing Andreas Periera and Bernd Leno to their squad

Fulham have moved a step closer to completing the signing of long-term target Kevin Mbabu from Bundesliga side Wolfsburg in a deal worth £5million.

According to the Evening Standard, the Cottagers are at an advanced stage in negotiations over the Switzerland international with personal terms not expected to be an issue.

The 27-year-old is entering the final year of his contract and is believed to be in search of a new challenge after joining Wolfsburg from Swiss side Young Boys in 2019.

Fulham have been admirers of Mbabu for some time and look likely to land the 27-year-old

Fulham have been tracking the attacking full-back for some time and it appears that Marco Silva is inching closer to landing his man as the club step up their pre-season preparations in Portugal this week.

Mbabu is no stranger to English football after a four-year spell with Newcastle United between 2013 and 2017.

He signed for the Magpies after a successful trial but injuries and a lack of first-opportunities under boss Steve McClaren resulted in loan spells with Rangers and subsequently Young Boys.

Fulham boss Marco Silva has stepped up his search for reinforcements in the past week

Fulham have signed Joao Palhinha and are confident of more additions over the coming weeks

Fulham have officially announced one deal so far this season after the acquisition of Sporting Lisbon's Joao Palhinha in a £20m deal.

But more signings are expected through the door in the coming weeks with raids on Arsenal and Manchester United likely.

Fulham have agreed a £10m fee with United for 26-year-old Brazilian midfielder Andreas Periera while the Premier League new boys are confident of landing Arsenal goalkeeper Bernd Leno.

Israeli winger Manor Solomon is close to sealing a loan move from Ukrainian side Shakhtar Donetsk but Fulham are awaiting FIFA ratification before he can join the club's training camp.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11003063/Fulham-closing-signing-Wolfsburg-defender-long-term-target-Kevin-Mbabu-5m-deal.html

WhiteJC

Pereira 'very happy' as he completes £10m move to Fulham from Man Utd – 'I can't wait to start'

Fulham have announced that they have completed the signing of Andreas Pereira from Manchester United for a fee that could rise to £10m.

The midfielder has made the move to Fulham for an initial £8m plus a further £2m in add-ons, according to PA News Agency.

Fulham have an option to extend his contract by a further year. This would tie him to Craven Cottage until 2027.

Pereira made 75 first-team appearances for United, who have loaned him out to Granada, Valencia, Lazio and Flamengo, but has left in search of more regular action.

Pereira said on Fulham's website: "I'm very happy to be here and I can't wait to start the season with Fulham.

Fulham's co-owner (Tony Khan) added: "It's a tremendous pleasure to welcome Andreas Pereira to Fulham! Andreas is a very talented player, and he's excited to join Fulham and work with our great coach Marco Silva.

https://www.football365.com/news/pereira-very-happy-completes-10m-move-fulham-man-utd

WhiteJC

Newly promoted Fulham sign midfielder Andreas Pereira from Manchester United for £10m plus add-ons following a loan spell at Flamengo as the Brazilian ends his 10-year stay at Old Trafford

Andreas Pereira completes a move to Fulham for around £10million plus add-ons
    The Brazilian midfielder has signed a four-year deal at Marco Silva's Cottagers
    He is Fulham's second summer signing after Joao Palhinha joined from Sporting
    Pereira scored four goals and assisted five in 75 senior appearances for United

Andreas Pereira has signed for newly promoted Fulham for reported £10million fee, plus up to £3m in add-ons.

Pereira, 26, has put pen to paper over a four-year deal at Craven Cottage, where he becomes the second signing of the window for Marco Silva's Championship champions.

The move marks the player's return to the Premier League after two seasons on loan at Lazio and Flamengo, and Fulham's Portuguese manager Silva is thought to have been key in convincing the player to join the west London club.

Andreas Pereira has signed a four-year deal at Marco Silva's newly promoted Fulham

On the announcement of his signing, Pereira said: 'I'm very happy to be here and I can't wait to start the season with Fulham.

'I want to help Fulham as much as I can to be where they belong. Marco Silva was very important for this. I spoke a lot with him, and he was a key factor in me being here.'

Fulham co-owner Tony Khan added: 'It's a tremendous pleasure to welcome Andreas Pereira to Fulham!

'Andreas is a very talented player, and he's excited to join Fulham and work with our great coach Marco Silva.

'We believe that Andreas will be a valuable asset for the Club, and he'll be an important part of our squad as we prepare for our return to the Premier League! Come on Fulham!'

The Brazilian midfielder - who was capped by Belgium at youth level - spent ten years at Manchester United, where he featured only 75 times for the senior side, although he had four spells on loan during that time.

The Brazilian midfielder managed eight goals and three assists in 52 games for Flamengo

The midfielder had spells at Granada, Valencia and Lazio, before spending last season at Brazilian side Flamengo, where he played more minutes in one season than he managed in his entire United career.

However it wasn't all plain-sailing in Brazil - Pereira's loss of possession in the Copa Libertadores final in 2021 lead to Palmeiras' winning goal.

He joins Joao Palhinha at Fulham, who arrived from Portuguese side Sporting for a £20m fee, and are pursuing deals for Israeli winger Manor Solomon, Wolfsburg full-back Kevin Mbabu, and Arsenal goalkeeper Bernd Leno.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11003053/Fulham-sign-Manchester-Uniteds-Andreas-Pereira-10m-plus-add-ons-10-years-Old-Trafford.html

WhiteJC

Free-agent urged to snub Fulham and consider Middle East move instead

Former West Ham United winger Andriy Yarmolenko should aim higher than Premier League newcomers Fulham as he looks for a new challenge, Ukrainian legend Serhiy Rebrov tells Championat.

In truth, things have gone quiet around Yarmolenko since his West Ham contract expired nearly two weeks ago.

Reports from Ukraine had suggested that Fulham – Championship champions last season – had emerged as one of the early frontrunners for the 32-year-old veteran. The Cottagers are prioritising alternative targets for the time being, however, with Yarmolenko hardly at the top of Marco Silva's summer to-do list.

And Rebrov, who is now at the helm of United Arab Emirates-based outfit Al-Ain, believes Yarmolenko should be aiming higher than a side who will be priortising survival over anything else in 2022/23.

Will Andriy Yarmolenko end up at Fulham?

"He can play in Europe. It is important for him to find the best option for himself and start preparing for the season. But it's up to Andriy," says Rebrov.

"I'm sure he's still ready to play at a high level. He needs to pick the right team. Andriy is an ambitious guy. He wants to fight for titles and win every match. 

"If this is an offer from a team that sets the task of staying in the Premier League then, for me, this is not an offer for Andriy Yarmolenko. 

"But again, it's up to him."

Rebrov admits he would relish the prospect of working with the former Borussia Dortmund winger at Al-Ain. There is also interest from the MLS, while some of Turkey's biggest clubs have also been linked.

"Does Al Ain have a chance to sign Yarmolenko? There is a chance," Rebrov adds.

"We are considering players for specific positions. The club is trying to work very carefully in the transfer market. Of course, I would love to work with Andriy. 

"I'm sure a player of his level will get many offers, not only from the UAE."

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/07/11/free-agent-urged-to-snub-fulham-and-consider-middle-east-move-instead/

WhiteJC

Fulham submit enquiry for Luka Milivojevic

Premier League new boys Fulham are reportedly keen on signing Serbian midfielder Luka Milivojevic from Crystal Palace this summer.

According to a report by Daily Mail, Luka Milivojevic is the subject of interest from Fulham over a possible move in the summer transfer window. The Cottagers have submitted an enquiry to Crystal Palace to ask about the availability of their 31-year-old captain, who could soon depart from Selhurst Park.

Luka Milivojevic was a journeyman for most of his professional career before landing at Crystal Palace in January 2017. The Serbian international played for five clubs prior to his stint with the Eagles but has found a stable footing in the last five and a half years at Selhurst Park.

However, the 31-year-old endured a difficult 2021/22 campaign, as injury and other issues meant he started only nine Premier League games. And Milivojevic seems to be on the cusp of leaving Crystal Palace in the summer transfer window, as Patrick Vieira continues to remodel the first-team squad. Fulham could offer him a way out of Crystal Palace.

The Cottagers have finally kick-started their summer transfer business by bringing in two quality midfielders in the last ten days. Joao Palhinha was the first major signing for Fulham, with Andreas Pereira arriving from Manchester United this week to bolster their creativity in the final third.

Milivojevic has also emerged as a viable target for Fulham, who will need further signings to find stability in the middle of the park. That, in turn, will help Fulham sustain the challenge of remaining in the Premier League instead of dropping down to the EFL Championship immediately.

The 31-year-old midfield supremo does not seem to have much of a future at Crystal Palace, with Patrick Vieira in the market for several midfield reinforcements. The Eagles are on the verge of signing Cheick Doucoure, and Milivojevic will thus benefit from leaving and embarking on a new adventure.

Fulham will offer the Serbian international the opportunity to remain in the Premier League. Milivojevic's set-piece prowess and leadership qualities should also come in handy for Fulham, making the Crystal Palace midfield supremo a potential difference-maker for the Cottagers.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2022/07/12/fulham-submit-enquiry-for-luka-milivojevic/

WhiteJC

Matchday pricing – our p

You will probably have seen the pricing for matchday tickets for Fulham's first home game of the new season against Liverpool on 6 August, which was published late last week. The Trust's reaction to it, and a link to an Athletic article on the subject, is here.

Despite the Memorandum of Understanding we have with Fulham FC, and the new rules that the Premier League is putting in place on supporter engagement, the pricing of match by match tickets wasn't discussed with the Trust before they were announced. We had asked about this a number of times since promotion was guaranteed.

To say we are disappointed about this is an understatement, and while it is always going to be for the Club to decide on ticket pricing, failing to either provide contextual information (such as matchday ticket pricing for other fixtures) or seek feedback from supporters risks exactly the type of adverse reaction you may have seen in the last few days. Particularly given the amount of detailed work the Trust has done on ticketing in the past, it is a shame lessons appear not to have been learnt.

While we would normally hold a monthly meeting with Fulham on a range of issues, we have asked for, and the Club have agreed to, a meeting on Thursday of this week solely on the issue of matchday ticketing and pricing. From what a number of you have told us over the weekend, we hope you will understand why that is the case. Other issues you might have raised will be carried over, except for those relating to facilities within Craven Cottage. Last week, some of our board members joined the Club in a walk-around of the ground to highlight the points about the matchday experience you have raised with us, and a separate note of that will be circulated to Trust members shortly.

Later this week, we will launch a more detailed survey on ticketing and pricing for Trust members and the wider fanbase; please do look out for that and encourage friends and family who might not currently be Trust members to also complete it. This will enable us to do some more detailed analysis of views and, perhaps more importantly, present some options for the Club to consider ahead of other high profile fixtures going on sale. We will aim to provide the detailed results both to the Club and Trust members ahead of our August meeting with the Club so that it can be considered in more detail then.

As ever, we will seek to use the constructive dialogue we have usually had with the Club in recent years to both present supporter views, seek information and propose alternative suggestions. In the past, the Club have listened; we hope they will again. If not, it may be that this is an issue you, our members, will want us to campaign on. For that reason too, it is important that you are able to complete the forthcoming survey and also provide your views, any impact on ticket buying and other information to us. You can do that by emailing us at [email protected].

If you know of Fulham fans who are not currently members of the Trust, please encourage them to join us. Our membership has been steadily growing but the more of us there are, the stronger our voice is.

https://www.fulhamsupporterstrust.com/news/2022/07/matchday-pricing-our-plans/

WhiteJC

Arsenal set to receive £10m transfer windfall for spending spree after key Mikel Arteta decision

The Gunners could be set to see an outgoing at the club, which will give the manager more funds in the market

Arsenal 's busy summer transfer window is continuing to heat up, with pre-season fixtures already underway. The Gunners beat Nuremberg 5-3 in Germany to kick things off and will now have a few days before they face Everton in a friendly.

Some new faces are already in the squad for those games, with four signings announced and roughly £80million spent. The squad could still change further, as Mikel Arteta looks to get the right blend for his project.

While there has been a large focus on arrivals, players could still leave the club if they aren't needed or want to make a switch. One of those options could be goalkeeper Bernd Leno.

The 30-year-old has become a backup option for his manager in the past year, with Aaron Ramsdale claiming the No. 1 shirt. With the arrival of USMNT shot-stopper Matt Turner this summer, football.london understands an exit for Leno is likely as he searches for first-team minutes.

While he is yet to secure his next club, a transfer appears to be edging closer as the Evening Standard reports that Fulham are close to making a £10million bid for him. Added to that, Sky Sports in Germany believe that personal terms are agreed with the west London side, with a contract until 2025 prepared with the option of an extra year.

It would put an end to a four-year stay at the Emirates, following his £22million move from Bayer Leverkusen in 2018. In that time, he's made 125 appearances for the club, kept 37 clean sheets and won two trophies.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-windfall-mikel-arteta-24460004

WhiteJC

Fulham sign midfielder Pereira from Manchester United

LONDON, July 12 — Fulham have signed Brazilian midfielder Andreas Pereira from Manchester United on a four-year contract, the newly promoted Premier League club said on Monday.

British media reported that Fulham paid an initial fee in the region of nine million pounds (RM47.4 million) for the 26-year-old, who had a year left on his United deal.

"I want to help Fulham as much as I can to be where they belong," Pereira, who has the option of extending his contract by a further 12 months, told the club website.

"(Manager) Marco Silva was very important for this. I spoke a lot with him, and he was a key factor in me being here." Pereira joined United from PSV Eindhoven in 2012 but failed to establish himself as a regular at Old Trafford, spending much of the last decade on loan at Granada, Valencia, Lazio and most recently Flamengo.

Pereira becomes the latest player to leave United following the departures of Paul Pogba, Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic and Jesse Lingard as new manager Erik ten Hag continues to rebuild the squad.

Fulham, who won the Championship last season, open their top-flight campaign at home to Liverpool on Aug. 6. — Reuters

https://www.malaymail.com/news/sports/2022/07/12/fulham-sign-midfielder-pereira-from-manchester-united/16923

WhiteJC

Middlesbrough want Muniz on loan

Middlesbrough are interested in taking Fulham forward Rodrigo Muniz on a season-long loan, according to Brazilian journalist Vene Casagrande.

Boro and Fulham were in a summer-long battle for the Flamengo striker's services last summer, which Marco Silva eventually won. Muniz scored five times in fifteen appearances during his first season at Craven Cottage following his £6m move, with his first-team opportunities limited by the exceptional goalscoring form of Aleksandar Mitrovic. The 21 year-old is likely to be even more starved of regular football with the Whites in the top flight – and Fulham are currently considering whether to loan the raw striker out to further his development.

A whole host of Championship clubs are said to be interested in getting Muniz but Middlesbrough's long-standing interest in the striker could well give them an advantage.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/07/middlesbrough-want-muniz-on-loan/