Carson Blunder Or Digger Brilliance? - Vote Now

Started by White Noise, January 05, 2011, 08:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carson Blunder or Digger Brilliance?

Carson Blunder
Digger Brilliance

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: sipwell on January 05, 2011, 12:33:16 PM
I don't think he could have saved it. The shot was unexpected and he was in a bad position to react. He touched it with his fingertips, but it was too hard imo.
he palmed it into the goal, he got much more than fingertips to it...

Burt

HatterDon

Quote from: LordNelson on January 05, 2011, 11:47:02 AM
Combination.  The brilliant shot made the blunder.  That baby was going in.

I agree with Lord Nelson [put Hardy down NOW, your lordship  :011:]. Remember that a match in which everyone executes perfectly will wind up 0-0. When a player scores, he did something well and the defender didn't do his job as well. It's the way it is.

We hadn't pushed Carson at all for 45 minutes, but he still looked tentative. Simon's cracker was what we had needed for the entire 45. Blame Carson if you believe that any ball a GK can touch should be saved, but sometimes you have to give credit to the audacity of a Super Simon.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ImperialWhite

Quote from: HatterDon on January 05, 2011, 02:57:48 PM
Quote from: LordNelson on January 05, 2011, 11:47:02 AM
Combination.  The brilliant shot made the blunder.  That baby was going in.

I agree with Lord Nelson [put Hardy down NOW, your lordship  :011:]. Remember that a match in which everyone executes perfectly will wind up 0-0. When a player scores, he did something well and the defender didn't do his job as well. It's the way it is.

We hadn't pushed Carson at all for 45 minutes, but he still looked tentative. Simon's cracker was what we had needed for the entire 45. Blame Carson if you believe that any ball a GK can touch should be saved, but sometimes you have to give credit to the audacity of a Super Simon.

I read someone say on a Baggies forum that they're scared to applaud Carson in case he thinks it's sarcastic and it knocks his confidence.

Today, I read someone say that Carson's punch on Hangeland was the first successfull punch in the box all season!  :011:

White Noise

I would be interested in Admin's view as an ex-keeper.

To me it looks like Carson has come quite a way off his line because his team mates are moving the ball up towards the half way line. Then the play suddenly switches and Carson is a bit surprised to see Davies given a fair amount of space. He doesn't get back far enough and the ball is rising and swerve's when it is quite close to him. Some shots are really difficult to stop no matter how well sighted you are.

My vote goes to Davies because he saw Carson was well off his line and just cracked it as hard as he could and the late swerve did the rest. OK you could say Carson was at fault for being off his line but possession changed quickly and Digger took the chance. Fair play to him.

SmithyFFC

Probably would of gone over. One straight from the Tony Warner book of goalkeeping.
FTID

mccscratch

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on January 05, 2011, 10:54:27 AM
Good shot (not great) but cant believe none of you lot think that Carson isn't 100% at fault for not stopping it.

I am with Freddy on this one... Prem quality keepers push that up and over the bar with ease, swerve or no swerve...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise