watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Don't paper over the cracks - get shopping Hughes

Started by BalDrick, January 05, 2011, 10:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BalDrick

3 goals, all of which were down to their ineptitude, against a really really poor side must not hide the fact, we are seriously short of firepower. There was a phobia about shooting in the first half, nobody wanted to have a go (bet they would have if they'd known how poor Carson has become).

With the news that AJ is injured again, I'd say that's confirmation we should be looking at 2 strikers, ideally asap. Not bothered about the Posh game, but Wigan surely won't be that poor and it's another 3 points we really need.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

thinwhiteduke

Tell you what:I'll take a little good fortune but like you,I am under no illusions as to the lack of fire-power.
Beginning to get a little concerned at Dembele's extended absence.

BalDrick

'Beginning to get a little concerned at Dembele's extended absence.'

Yep me too. Maybe he just doesn't fancy the Prem (hard to blame him after *that tackle*). But that's both of Hughes' signings in the summer disappointing in their separate ways. Was Carlos dropped or is he injured too?

LBNo11

...was thinking the same TWD, obviously we want him back fit it just concerns me that the comeback date keeps being extended.

Re striker(s) I am sure Mr Hughes is aware of our desperate need for strikers who actually strike and score, two would be nice, and hopefully the budget will be helped by pruning the deadwood within the squad...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BalDrick on January 05, 2011, 10:37:44 AM
3 goals, all of which were down to their ineptitude, against a really really poor side must not hide the fact, we are seriously short of firepower. There was a phobia about shooting in the first half, nobody wanted to have a go (bet they would have if they'd known how poor Carson has become).

With the news that AJ is injured again, I'd say that's confirmation we should be looking at 2 strikers, ideally asap. Not bothered about the Posh game, but Wigan surely won't be that poor and it's another 3 points we really need.

Agree West Brom were poor, but I touted at the beginning that corners would be our saviour and I think it will be the same for the Wigan match.

We definitely need two new strikers, the real problem will be fitting them in when Bobby gets back. Say we got two in, we would then have Dembele, Bobby, AJ and two others vying for two positions, one of which is 'under threat' from Gera and Dempsey. I would think that, with this in mind, we will bring in only one striker. However I think this striker will be a quality addition who will go straight into the team alongside a hopefully resurgent Dembele.

BalDrick

'pruning the deadwood within the squad'

Well anyone watching Mummy's Little Boy last night will be looking elsewhere this morning. Am I right in saying we can drop people from our 25 if we don't manage to shift them? One thing to clog up the wages, quite another to take a playing space they're not going to use.

Burt

Agree WBA were desperately poor...

The lack of poke up front has to be a priority this window.

HatterDon

About the premise of this thread ... does anyone seriously believe that last night's result caused ANYONE in the Fulham brain trust to say, "Well, we got three goals last night. Who needs strikers?" Amazing.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BalDrick

Quote from: HatterDon on January 05, 2011, 02:18:58 PM
About the premise of this thread ... does anyone seriously believe that last night's result caused ANYONE in the Fulham brain trust to say, "Well, we got three goals last night. Who needs strikers?" Amazing.

One would certainly hope not but it is a human characteristic, foible possibly, not to engage brain to look at the wider picture when there's a chance of saving some money. Believe the club has a touch of previous on this issue...