more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marco Silva

Started by Marcel_Gecov, July 20, 2022, 12:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcel_Gecov

Has anyone else seen this comment?

"We will have to adapt a little from last season now that we are in the Premier League. But not so much that we stop enjoying our football, as I saw last time Fulham were promoted."

I love that man

hovewhite

Great comment and he saw Parkerball first hand last season

filham

Just what we want to hear.
Hope we can find the right players for him to work with.

gang

Well let's face it he's a genius.

Oakeshott

"Well let's face it he's a genius."

He will be - if he can keep us up.

Marcel_Gecov

He knows how to get us fans on side for sure.

H4usuallysitting

That's it for me.... I'm not looking forward to this so called enjoyable football - when has that ever won us a game.... I want proper slow build up play...move the ball along the back four....after all the opposition can't score if we have the ball.... that's the way forward

davew

Quote from: gang on July 20, 2022, 12:45:41 PM
If he can speed up our transfer signings then I agree he might be, how can he be judged a genius so far, he managed a squad (on paper) which were by far the best in the Championship and we won the league, so he did what we expected. Sorry about the negative comment, but some posts on here are well over the top.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Ruislip White

Quote from: davew on July 20, 2022, 08:57:54 PM
If he can speed up our transfer signings then I agree he might be, how can he be judged a genius so far, he managed a squad (on paper) which were by far the best in the Championship and we won the league, so he did what we expected. Sorry about the negative comment, but some posts on here are well over the top.
I agree he had the best squad- but what makes him exceptional is the style in which he did it.

davew

Quote from: Ruislip White on July 20, 2022, 09:04:41 PM
I agree he had the best squad- but what makes him exceptional is the style in which he did it.
Agree with that, very exciting to watch last season.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

rebel

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 20, 2022, 12:27:28 PM

"We will have to adapt a little from last season now that we are in the Premier League. But not so much that we stop enjoying our football, as I saw last time Fulham were promoted."

I love that man

He has a way he wants his teams to play, last season was exactly that, were you expecting different?

toshes mate

There were plenty on here very unconvinced about Marco Silva's appointment this time last year ...   

FFCBadger

I'm well up for us playing football that is enjoyable to watch and not Parkerball BUT didnt Joka say something similar in 2018?

rebel

Quote from: FFCBadger on July 21, 2022, 08:26:05 AM
I'm well up for us playing football that is enjoyable to watch and not Parkerball BUT didnt Joka say something similar in 2018?

Joka sacked after 12 matches, he was actually getting good performances / fair results, sacked after we did  well against Liverpool (Mitro goal wrongly ruled out via VAR), although we lost. Then the Khan's and Co, Mr. Mack got hold of Magath. Three managers in a season

Ss12white

Marco is there right man for us, the way he wants to play football is the way Fulham fans want to see it.
Clearly lives and breathes football, he is changing the culture at the club.

Jim©

Quote from: rebel on July 21, 2022, 08:33:15 AM

Joka sacked after 12 matches, he was actually getting good performances / fair results, sacked after we did  well against Liverpool (Mitro goal wrongly ruled out via VAR), although we lost. Then the Khan's and Co, Mr. Mack got hold of Magath. Three managers in a season

Ranieri followed Slavisa not Magath.

I don't think we were getting good performances to be fair and certainly not "fair" results. Shame as the previous season had been superbly enjoyable.

gang

My comment was tongue in cheek, lighten up it's only football meant to be enjoyable.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: rebel on July 21, 2022, 07:01:25 AM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 20, 2022, 12:27:28 PM

I love that man

He has a way he wants his teams to play, last season was exactly that, were you expecting different?

Not sure what point you are making? If you are even making one.

FFCBadger

Quote from: Jim© on July 21, 2022, 09:24:55 AM
Quote from: rebel on July 21, 2022, 08:33:15 AM

Ranieri followed Slavisa not Magath.

I don't think we were getting good performances to be fair and certainly not "fair" results. Shame as the previous season had been superbly enjoyable.

we were not getting good performances. we lost 9 out of those 12 and only won 1.
lambs to the slaughter

WindyCity

About three weeks ago MS very publicly stated his dissatisfaction/disappointment with how the transfer period was going.

I imagine he's pulling his hair out right about now, assuming, of course, he still has any hair left.......