watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin

Started by JimmyConway, July 21, 2022, 11:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyConway

Just curious to know others opinions to whether they think he is premier league level? Last time I thought he was hindered playing on the left of a three. Thought he needed someone with more experience than Anderson to help his game. I feel this is a big season for him to establish himself as being a good defender playing at a high standard.
Will need good healthy competition hopefully. I say his a starter but still not totally convinced going into this quality of league to whether he steps up to the plate.

FFC1987

Quote from: JimmyConway on July 21, 2022, 11:58:20 AM
Just curious to know others opinions to whether they think he is premier league level? Last time I thought he was hindered playing on the left of a three. Thought he needed someone with more experience than Anderson to help his game. I feel this is a big season for him to establish himself as being a good defender playing at a high standard.
Will need good healthy competition hopefully. I say his a starter but still not totally convinced going into this quality of league to whether he steps up to the plate.

I'd say he was very good in Prem last time round, was brilliant in championship and I fully expect him to be a good player for us next season. So yes, absolutely EPL quality.

Bassey the warrior

He's already proved he's good enough, arguably he was the better defender on form out of him and Andersen. I think the stats bore that out. He does need a good partner though as he's still learning.

Carborundum

Got almost all the attributes to be absolutely top class including a turn of pace.  Potentially captain material on the not to distant future

If you watch him long enough he will deliver a positional brain fart, but that's inevitable really.

What would complete him would be to cultivate an air of menace that translates into deterrent and which wins his personal battle before it begins.  Nemanja Vidic and Virgil Van Dijk both experts at this.  Tosin comes across as a well brought up young man.  He probably is.  But I've known some very well brought up young men who projected an air of complete nutjobbery once they cross the white line without fouling anyone unduly. 

If he did this he'd be worth 60 million and be off in a flash of course.

vancouver

Prepare for heartbreak. He hasn't signed a new deal. Id imagine he's off next summer unless we have a strong showing.

filham

The best we have had since Hangeland, just have to make sure no other club snatches him away .

The Rational Fan

Quote from: vancouver on July 21, 2022, 06:39:51 PM
Prepare for heartbreak. He hasn't signed a new deal. Id imagine he's off next summer unless we have a strong showing.

I said a few months ago, Tosin is our most important early signing, but we have been unsuccessful. It's fairly clear he is leaving at the end of the season along with Robinson, which makes signing good players now harder.

Jim©

I find the responses so bizarre.
Tosin had a good number of absolute horror shows last season and you could (very meanly) argue that his muck up away at Villa led to our poor finish to the season before. Rather than holding out for a comfortable 3 points at Villa, we lost and any momentum we had vanished.

He has got all of the attributes but for me he's got a Zat Knight in him at least once a game (dictionary definition: noun: an error that will almost certainly lead to a goal). However, he's relatively young and I hope that Marco & team will get the best out of him. For 89 minutes of most games he's a very good defender.

Ream still gets the finger pointed at him (incredibly after the Benfica game too when I thought there were always 3 worse defenders on the pitch, one of whom was Tosin who had a stinker.

FFC1987

Quote from: Jim© on July 22, 2022, 10:24:53 AM
I find the responses so bizarre.
Tosin had a good number of absolute horror shows last season and you could (very meanly) argue that his muck up away at Villa led to our poor finish to the season before. Rather than holding out for a comfortable 3 points at Villa, we lost and any momentum we had vanished.

He has got all of the attributes but for me he's got a Zat Knight in him at least once a game (dictionary definition: noun: an error that will almost certainly lead to a goal). However, he's relatively young and I hope that Marco & team will get the best out of him. For 89 minutes of most games he's a very good defender.

Ream still gets the finger pointed at him (incredibly after the Benfica game too when I thought there were always 3 worse defenders on the pitch, one of whom was Tosin who had a stinker.

To be honest, I found almost all of your assessment bizarre.

Deeping_white

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 22, 2022, 02:33:53 AM

I said a few months ago, Tosin is our most important early signing, but we have been unsuccessful. It's fairly clear he is leaving at the end of the season along with Robinson, which makes signing good players now harder.

How do you figure that considering we have an option to extend his contract by a year?

toshes mate

Andersen is a classy performer and will mostly give a good account of himself as he did, briefly, for us.  Did we get the best from him?  No, for reasons that will follow.

Adarabioyo (unlike Ream) got the chance of a lifetime to learn things from a superior player with both playing on their natural sides.  The fly in the ointment was a poor coaching set-up lacking in any depth of thought to even care about the outcomes because minds were elsewhere than FFC.  How that influenced his play only Adarabioyo can say.  At least Ream had seen it all before. 

Last season Adarabioyo had to move to the right berth but also benefitted from having a left sided defender playing out of his skin alongside him and yet another chance to pick up game skills relating to how threats materialise and how holding a position is crucial in defence.  There was also a decent coaching team focused on performance leading to results.   Only a top rated defensive midfielder playing at peak was missing from the jigsaw at a cost when we couldn't, for whatever reason, dominate opponents. 

FFC hasn't let Adarabioyo down and it is his task now to show us what real quality he has, whoever he plays alongside.  Is he is as good as some say?  The jury is definitely still out to my mind but then I have always been wary of our midfield shortcomings under Parker and company. 

For next season what is more important to me is we have coaches who care and do have the ability to change stuff around and get results.  If Adarabioyo can make this a season when he shines as Ream did last season, then he'll get a big pass mark from me but for me, at the moment, Ream is still the harder act to follow.   

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 22, 2022, 02:33:53 AM

If you said it a few months ago it only means that you were equally wrong back then and doesn't seem to pay any attention. As has been pointed out elsewhere in this thread, and a huge number of times in many different threads, we have an option of a further year for Tosin. Thus, whatever happens it is certainly far from clear that he leaves at the end of this one. To start with, we have about 18 months of time to negotiate before anyone else is allowed to.

rebel

I think so, but needs to stay concentrated.