more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marco Silva

Started by Marcel_Gecov, July 20, 2022, 12:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: WindyCity on July 22, 2022, 03:56:22 PM
About three weeks ago MS very publicly stated his dissatisfaction/disappointment with how the transfer period was going.

I imagine he's pulling his hair out right about now, assuming, of course, he still has any hair left.......

I don't remember any public statements. Care to link it, cause I must have missed it? Thanks

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 22, 2022, 04:17:57 PM
About three weeks ago MS very publicly stated his dissatisfaction/disappointment with how the transfer period was going.

I imagine he's pulling his hair out right about now, assuming, of course, he still has any hair left.......

I don't remember any public statements. Care to link it, cause I must have missed it? Thanks

He's referring to that Athletic article I believe. To be honest, would you be surprised if he wasn't a little annoyed right now? Longer we don't make deals, more pressure on Silva isn't it.

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 22, 2022, 04:41:48 PM

He's referring to that Athletic article I believe. To be honest, would you be surprised if he wasn't a little annoyed right now? Longer we don't make deals, more pressure on Silva isn't it.

So not a public statement by any stretch then?

I assume Silva, like probably every manager in the history of the game, would prefer signings as early as possible. Whether he is annoyed or not right now I have no idea. I would assume however that he concentrates at his tasks in the meantime, and that we will be competitive at the start of the season because Silva is both professional and competent.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 22, 2022, 04:45:02 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 22, 2022, 04:41:48 PM

So not a public statement by any stretch then?

I assume Silva, like probably every manager in the history of the game, would prefer signings as early as possible. Whether he is annoyed or not right now I have no idea. I would assume however that he concentrates at his tasks in the meantime, and that we will be competitive at the start of the season because Silva is both professional and competent.

No, sorry, should of been clearer. That was a journo suggesting that's how Silva felt. Definitely not what the guy you replied to said.

Whilst yes, its obviously job as usual, I think its worthy to note Silva should be more annoyed than usual having a weaker squad than he finished the season with. Less depth, less numbers on a pre season tour, noticeable drops in quality in key areas like Fabio and Anguissa. It's not a good squad to have right now going into the toughest league in the world so asking him to start off with the current squad, them bed in players into coaching and routines etc, in my humble opinion, it's simply not fair. Something this clubs people have done and lumped blame on management continually making weak excuses. You'd think after the tweets we had last time about not having CB's ready for the first game, this would be the absolute first thing addressed.  Even if its with say a free player who would be slightly better and squad competition for Ream.

WindyCity

This was not a journo speculating.  Was a direct quote made by MS. 

I don't know how to retrieve and post old posts from old threads, maybe someone here can do so?  Anyway, it was discussed at some length several weeks ago.

sunburywhite

Quote from: WindyCity on July 22, 2022, 06:28:48 PM

I don't know how to retrieve and post old posts from old threads, maybe someone here can do so?  Anyway, it was discussed at some length several weeks ago.

Are you talking MS or BS?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Sting of the North

Must have completely missed it then. Remember the Athletic article from a couple of weeks ago though.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 22, 2022, 07:10:50 PM

Must have completely missed it then. Remember the Athletic article from a couple of weeks ago though.

For what its worth, I've not seen anything either and I'm almost certain its the Peter Rutzler article - https://theathletic.com/3397038/2022/07/02/marco-silva-fulham-transfers-unhappy/

jayffc

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 22, 2022, 07:17:28 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on July 22, 2022, 07:10:50 PM

For what its worth, I've not seen anything either and I'm almost certain its the Peter Rutzler article - https://theathletic.com/3397038/2022/07/02/marco-silva-fulham-transfers-unhappy/

It will certainly been this

Not a direct quote in sight.

FFC1987

The only direct quote I've seen that suggested he was almost giving the squad another 10 days to see how it all looks which I took to mean 'I really bloody hope we sign people by 10 days time' was from last week after one of the friendlies but again, that's interpretative and not say a direct quote from the manager having a pop at the club like say Parker vs Khan.

WindyCity

I don't think it was from that article.  I recall seeing this quote incorporated in a tweet of some sort, not sure who generated it.

Believe me, I'm not trying to wind anyone up here, I really thought his words were verified as his throughout the discussions of several weeks ago.  If I'm wrong here, then my apologies. 

Somerset Fulham

It was a really poor piece by The Athletic and pure speculation with not a single source of direct quote in it.

FFC1987

Quote from: WindyCity on July 22, 2022, 07:34:02 PM
I don't think it was from that article.  I recall seeing this quote incorporated in a tweet of some sort, not sure who generated it.

Believe me, I'm not trying to wind anyone up here, I really thought his words were verified as his throughout the discussions of several weeks ago.  If I'm wrong here, then my apologies.

No offence caused. I just think I'd of seen/remember it if he had. I recall when this article was initially spread the headline was suggestive of it coming from Silva. But if we're wrong and you find it, link it as I haven't seen it 🙂

toshes mate

"Send 3/4d we are going to a dance"

The one week visit of Khan Snr to his FFC territory was a perfect guide to how he wants things to be with Marco Silva.  And he will have learned much from having to dispose of a once seemingly trusted employee who refused to resign in order to take up gainful employment elsewhere.  That and the Portuguese talks with Silva and his appointment were a development in our Chairman's role and behaviours.

Something may prove to be very different about this window before August is out.

cookieg

If SK has been as involved in Silva's appointment as he seemed to suggest he must have given him reassurances about recruitment, money available etc. I can't see SK pulling the wool over anyones eyes so hopefully MS knows exactly what the situation is and is involved a lot more in recruitment. I'm sure MS is just as frustrated as we are but he's been a manager for a while and it isn't all plain sailing all of the time.

hovewhite

Quote from: cookieg on July 23, 2022, 08:12:37 AM
If SK has been as involved in Silva's appointment as he seemed to suggest he must have given him reassurances about recruitment, money available etc. I can't see SK pulling the wool over anyones eyes so hopefully MS knows exactly what the situation is and is involved a lot more in recruitment. I'm sure MS is just as frustrated as we are but he's been a manager for a while and it isn't all plain sailing all of the time.
I have got round to that view and have gone back to my original thinking ignoring the supposed state of the squad and looking forward to the team under Marco and really think all this squad stuff will be sorted and will be backing us with a few quid that we will survive and I'm can't wait to sit in the Riverside v virreal knowing that I won't be able to afford it in the season ,where I'll be in the hammy end.coyw