more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Silva amongst the favourites for early sacking

Started by Cumbrian White, July 25, 2022, 02:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert

Quote from: General on July 26, 2022, 10:08:14 AM
Parker at Bournemouth must be higher than Silva on that list.

No, he is lower down, interestingly enough.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Sting of the North

Bournemouth should at this point be huge favourites to finish last, followed by Forest. Reasonable to then see Fulham, with competition from Southampton, Leeds and Brentford. Don't think Everton is in the same situation really, as they still have quite good players. Their poor manager in Lampard may doom them of course. Teams like Villa, Palace or Wolves may get sucked into a relegation battle if things start out badly for them. Can't really see any other teams down there, but look at Everton last year meaning you never know.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Rupert on July 26, 2022, 10:16:09 AM
Quote from: General on July 26, 2022, 10:08:14 AM
Parker at Bournemouth must be higher than Silva on that list.

No, he is lower down, interestingly enough.

Lower expectations from the board? After all they aren't spending much.

rebel

It's not going to happen, if it does, we could start a 'petition'.

Tabby

Given the song and dance Bournemouth went through to sign him, I doubt Parker will be sacked.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 26, 2022, 10:28:25 AM
Bournemouth should at this point be huge favourites to finish last, followed by Forest. Reasonable to then see Fulham, with competition from Southampton, Leeds and Brentford. Don't think Everton is in the same situation really, as they still have quite good players. Their poor manager in Lampard may doom them of course. Teams like Villa, Palace or Wolves may get sucked into a relegation battle if things start out badly for them. Can't really see any other teams down there, but look at Everton last year meaning you never know.

Very similar to ho I see things to be honest albeit, naturally, I'm slightly more nervous of Fulham/Forest based on *current* activity or lack thereof so do hold hope. No reason we can;t be getting nearer to Leeds/Brentford with a decent window.

Deeping_white

I see Everton as big relegation candidates to be honest. I don't think their squad is that talented; they have a decent keeper in Pickford, Tarkowski is OK and they've got Gordon and Calvert-Lewin up front if he can actually re-discover any form but they're a bunch of average players who don't really fit the mould of whatever it is Lampard is trying to achieve with them. Now they've lost Richarlison I don't really see where the goals come from and the Lampard tax means they will be worse than they otherwise should be

FFC1987

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 26, 2022, 10:40:12 AM

I see Everton as big relegation candidates to be honest. I don't think their squad is that talented; they have a decent keeper in Pickford, Tarkowski is OK and they've got Gordon and Calvert-Lewin up front if he can actually re-discover any form but they're a bunch of average players who don't really fit the mould of whatever it is Lampard is trying to achieve with them. Now they've lost Richarlison I don't really see where the goals come from and the Lampard tax means they will be worse than they otherwise should be

Shouldn't be understated but their midfield is very good in my opinion. Doucoure and Allan are good to very good at times and more than capable. Would of loved Doucoure at Fulham.

Wingnut

No surprise. I'd go for Marsch or Lampard myself. Would be very surprised if Parker got the sack at Bournemouth. Not much he can do with that squad. Still think they'll go down.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

rebel

I think Brentford will struggle, end of last season they were playing 'good football' but not getting the points, that changed with Eriksen's arrival.

Nero

Quote from: Wingnut on July 26, 2022, 10:43:22 AM
No surprise. I'd go for Marsch or Lampard myself. Would be very surprised if Parker got the sack at Bournemouth. Not much he can do with that squad. Still think they'll go down.

Parker probably got the feelers out for his next job already, they spent a lot of money last year to get up I think the board will expect to stay up.

Woolly Mammoth

If it goes tits up for Fulham, it is not Silva they should be sacking.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

PaulJ123

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 26, 2022, 03:40:40 PM
If it goes tits up for Fulham, it is not Silva they should be sacking.

Well let's be honest it might be depending on what's gone wrong!

hovewhite

Given SK comments re Marco I think irrespective that he will give him the season.

FFCBadger

Quote from: Forever Fulham on July 26, 2022, 02:03:02 AM
If we do get relegated, and that's probably more than 50/50 likely, I'd still want him as our manager.  He's the real deal.

What makes you say that?
We came through a couple of minor wobbles last season but we were always going up with that squad and in hindsight winning it was always on the cards.
This season will be the real test...but I hope you're right because another consecutive relegation would be tough to take

MickTheBeard

I think you'll find any failings by the board and alimac their swing all the blame on silva to cover their arse.Quite like the look of the three signings so far still have a big question mark on the signings of the argy goalkeeper and the disappointing chalabah who silva signed dont seem to add to the squad even at championship level.