watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brighton 0-1 Fulham Sat 18 Feb 15:00

Started by WhiteJC, July 30, 2022, 01:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Well that was dismal. The front five are so light weight. Thank God for our center backs who seem to be the only ones that came to play.
Have we touched the ball in their box as yet?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

MisfitKid

Showing highlights... What, nothing from Fulham??  :dft011:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

SerbianLad

By far our worst half this season. Leno + defence (apart from Robinson) have been excellent, everyone else very very poor. Robinson with probably his worst game in his Fulham career,I'd maybe swap him with Cedric or Kurzawa at half time. Vinicius needs to come on, we have no presence up top, BDR just isn't offering enough atm.

Caedal

HT thoughts: Brighton look an excellent side and should be ahead. Their midfield is completely dominating the game. Leno, Ream and Diop doing well, no-one else is.

We are offering absolutely nothing going forward. We need Vinicius up top to at least give us an out ball. The way we play tactically requires a number 9.
Wilson is giving Tete no protection, and he's struggling against the Mitoma and Estupinan combo. BDR needs to move out to the right.
Reed is CONSTANTLY out of position and leaving huge holes in CM. He needs to stay in position.
Robinson lost the ball about 30 times in that half

I've been very impressed with Brighton's patterns of play though. Their interplay is very good

wback

Can't see us scoring, and they won't feel they need to push on, because they'll feel they will get a good chance or two.

Maybe we try and hold as we are until the last 15, then stick on Vini and Solomon to see if we can get something.

A point would be a great result, even if we barely threaten and the play is poor.

SP

Potter to be sacked tonight if things stay as they are.

Sloth

Brighton have a good team,but we are making them look way better than what they are.Have to make some changes up top.
Liquor expert. American.Human.

SP

Hoping for a good old fashioned smash & grab.

Twig

Think it's pretty clear Marco must make changes. Not sure if our forward line up is ineffective or whether we are losing it in midfield? 

BarryP

Zero shots and nothing that resembled an attacking threat. Let's see what changes Marco makes at the half.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Caedal

Quote from: Twig on February 18, 2023, 03:59:42 PM
Think it's pretty clear Marco must make changes. Not sure if our forward line up is ineffective or whether we are losing it in midfield?

They have an extra player in CM and also Reed is never there, so its basically 2 players. They've constantly bypassed the press and its been Palhinha against 3 players

bill taylors apprentice

No changes in personnel at this stage just a bollocking needed and a big change of attitude in the 2nd half. COYW!!!

Sloth

Couldn't score in a brothel right now; deffo some changes needed.
Liquor expert. American.Human.

davew

Think it is a bit of both Twig. Really can't see what Vinicius will offer?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

BarryP

Feels like a little of both to me.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

FulhamKC

Reed's being wide right all the time has to be at Silva's direction. If he didn't want Reed there he would tell him.

LittleErn

I can't see us holding out for another 45 minutes but this could be an opportunity for James to keep them honest if its still no score in the last 20 mins. To be honest, our only real hope of scoring looks like being a beakaway goal. Maybe Silva has a cunning plan.                 

SerbianLad

Quote from: davew on February 18, 2023, 04:02:51 PM
Think it is a bit of both Twig. Really can't see what Vinicius will offer?
He'll win some headers from long balls from Leno. Even if he wins 1 in 5 it would be better than what is happening now with BDR.

Caedal

I cannot believe that he's not made a change.....

hopefully that conversation he had with Reed was to sit in CM and not go wandering

I can only think that Vinicius isnt fully fit, because this makes no sense

General

Does anyone have a reliable stream I can use for the second half? Got the first 20 odd minutes and the site i've been using has gone on the blinkers.. if you can either post here or if preferred DM me. Thanks.