watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: midweek joke

Started by FC Silver Fox, January 05, 2011, 04:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FC Silver Fox

This is a bit of a long one, and I warn you, its a groaner. Its best read late at night after a few drinks.

A  rabbit walks into a pub and says to the barman, 'Can I have a pint of  beer, and a Ham and Cheese Toastie?'     
The barman is amazed, but gives the rabbit a pint  of beer and a ham and cheese toastie. The  rabbit drinks the beer and eats the toastie. He  then leaves.
The following night the rabbit returns  and again asks for a pint of beer, and a Ham and Cheese  Toastie.
The barman, now intrigued by the rabbit  and the extra drinkers in the pub, (because word gets  round), gives the rabbit the pint and the Toastie. The  rabbit consumes them and leaves.
The next night, the pub is  packed. In walks the rabbit and says, 'A pint of beer  and a Ham and Cheese Toastie, please  barman.'  The crowd is hushed as the barman gives the  rabbit his pint and toastie, and then burst into applause as  the rabbit wolfs them down

The next night there is  standing room only in the pub. Coaches have  been laid on for the crowds of patrons attending. The barman is making more money in one week  than he did all last year

In walks the rabbit  and says, 'A pint of beer and a Ham and Cheese Toastie, please  barman.'
The barman says, 'I'm sorry rabbit, old  mate, old mucker, but we are right out of them Ham and  Cheese Toasties...'

The  rabbit looks aghast.

The crowd has quietened to  almost a whisper, when the barman clears his throat nervously and  says, 'We do have a very nice Cheese and Onion  Toastie.'
The rabbit looks him in the eye and says,  'Are you sure I will like it.'

The masses' bated  breath is ear shatteringly silent.
The barman,  with a roguish smile says, 'Do you think that I would let  down one of my best friends. I know you'll love  it.'

'Ok', says the rabbit, 'I'll have a pint  of beer and a Cheese and Onion Toastie.'

The  pub erupts with glee as the rabbit quaffs the beer and  guzzles the toastie. He then waves to the crowd and  leaves....

NEVER TO RETURN!!!!!! 

One year later, in the now impoverished  public house, the barman, (who has only served 4 drinks  tonight, 3 of which were his), calls time. When he is  cleaning down the now empty bar, he sees a small white  form, floating above the  bar.  The barman says, 'Who are  you?',

To which he is answered, 'I  am the ghost of the rabbit that used to frequent your public  house.'
The barman says, 'I remember you. You made me  famous. You would come in every night and have  a pint of beer and a Ham and Cheese Toastie. Masses came to see you and this place was  famous.'
The rabbit says, 'Yes I  know.'
The barman said, 'I remember, on your  last night we didn't have any Ham and Cheese  Toasties. You had a Cheese and  Onion one instead.'
The rabbit said, 'Yes, you  promised me that I would love it.
The barman said,  'You never came back, what happened?'

'I DIED', said the  rabbit. 
'NO!' said the barman. 'What  from?'

After a short pause, the rabbit  said...   'Mixin-me-toasties.'
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Whiteroom

Very good! I think that he story is better than the punch line. Thats one for the camp fire.

FatFreddysCat

Peabody

Logicalman

Mr Fox, I was not aware you were that old to recall that joke, I remember that joke from my childhood - and I often feel old!!   :015:

manxman

"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

HatterDon

HatterMom says "You interrupted my making dinner to tell me THAT?"

And she usually thinks so highly of you, sir.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

NogoodBoyo

It's the way you tell 'em.
Nogood "very good" Boyo

Senior Supporter

Seems improbable to me. I mean, surely if the rabbit was bringing that much business to the pub the barman would make darned sure he didn't run out of ham!   :doh:   :dft012:

Burt

Well, I enjoyed that!

Thank you Mr FC sir.

epsomraver

Yes, my kind of joke as well :005: