watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Liverpool

Started by Classic94, August 01, 2022, 07:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

The new keeper and center back will not be available and with Wilson injured the team has to be almost the same as last Sunday.

Rodak
                                                       Tete               Tosin                   Ream          Robinson

Reed                       Palhinha
                                                                                      Pereira
                                                         Solomon                   Mitro              Kebano

Cairney and Mbabu 60 minute impact subs.

rebel

Quote from: filham on August 02, 2022, 10:39:14 AM
The new keeper and center back will not be available and with Wilson injured the team has to be almost the same as last Sunday.

Rodak
                                                       Tete               Tosin                   Ream          Robinson

Reed                       Palhinha
                                                                                      Pereira
                                                         Solomon                   Mitro              Kebano

Cairney and Mbabu 60 minute impact subs.

It depends when the signings are finalized and when the cut off points are.

Lordedmundo

Rodak
Mbabu Tosin Ream Robinson
Reed Palinha
Pereira
Kebano Mitro Solomon

Subs:
Gazzaniga
Odutayo
Tete
Francois
Reid
Cairney
Stansfield
Jasper
Muniz

General

Quote from: Lordedmundo on August 02, 2022, 10:53:40 AM
Rodak
Reed Palinha
Pereira
Kebano Mitro Solomon

Subs:
Gazzaniga
Odutayo
Tete
Francois
Reid
Cairney
Stansfield
Jasper
Muniz

Think you would more likely see Onomah, Cavaleiro and Knockaert on the bench than that many academy players. As much as i'm pro academy and they've obviously done a lot for us when they've stepped up (Sess, Carvalho, Betts, Rodak etc), to have that many on the bench for a game against Liverpool is asking for a loss. Whatever we think of Cavaleiro, Onomah etc - both of those have experience and can do the defensive side of the game and play at PL level, even if not ideally.

Tabby

Quote from: General on August 02, 2022, 11:31:49 AM
Quote from: Lordedmundo on August 02, 2022, 10:53:40 AM
Rodak
Reed Palinha
Pereira
Kebano Mitro Solomon

Subs:
Gazzaniga
Odutayo
Tete
Francois
Reid
Cairney
Stansfield
Jasper
Muniz

Think you would more likely see Onomah, Cavaleiro and Knockaert on the bench than that many academy players. As much as i'm pro academy and they've obviously done a lot for us when they've stepped up (Sess, Carvalho, Betts, Rodak etc), to have that many on the bench for a game against Liverpool is asking for a loss. Whatever we think of Cavaleiro, Onomah etc - both of those have experience and can do the defensive side of the game and play at PL level, even if not ideally.

They have not been on the bench for any of our friendlies, not sure why that would suddenly xhange.

Silva doesnt seem to be accounting for them as Fulham players either, otherwise we'd have more than 16 senior players.

The Rock

Quote from: General on August 02, 2022, 10:35:22 AM
I read somewhere that Mbabu has played CB before. Would people be open to Tosin playing LCB (like he did when paired with Joachim Andersen) and putting Mbabu at RCB to switch out Ream, or do you think we'll have to and should stick with Ream for Liverpool.

Lack of having any other options at all at this stage is something that has to be blamed solely on Ali Mac and Tony Khan, to get rid of three CB's without any brought in is *criminal*.

I thought the same and having Palhinha as CB - probably makes no sense, but neither does having 2 CB's and a squad of 14-15 to start a PL season (depending on whether Chalobah is injured).

TheCeiling

Quote from: alfie on August 02, 2022, 10:26:50 AM
I'm surprised that Solomon has not been included as a starter in most of the teams, he has been with us and trained for a few weeks, he was away with us, how long does he need.
For me, there is no question he should start. Even if he's still not fully in game shape he has unique skills that will be very helpful in such game. Also, we're anyway underdogs against Liverpool, so we should aim letting him come into shape for the next crucial games as fast as possible. Basically starting Solomon means: increasing the chance to do something against Liverppol 2. speeding up his fitness for the next games. A win win. For the same reason I would've wanted to go with Leno over Rodak, but I think MS will want him to have at least 1-2 trainings with the defenders to build some basic chemistry between them before he starts him.

Leno
Tete      Tosin         Ream      Robinson
                 Reed        Palhinha
Solomon        Andreas           Kebano
                        Mitrovic

I'm optimistic we can shock the world and get a great result in this game.
No better time facing Liverpool than this time in the year when they are still not fully connected. Let's do this!

Bal_13

Quote from: Matt10 on August 01, 2022, 08:19:02 PM
We have to hold onto the ball in transition as much as possible, and the best player on the team who can do that is Cairney. He needs to be in the side. We can't afford sending Pereira too far up the pitch due to Liverpool's counter, so I prefer to have Cairney be that outlet. As much as I'd like Solomon to start, I don't think he has enough match time for Silva to be comfortable with that just yet.

This is a really tough spot to be in, especially without Wilson.

Rodak

Mbabu   Tosin    Ream      Robinson

Pereira     Palhinha

Kebano      Cairney       BDR

Mitrovic

I agree with this - especially as we're missing Wilson's obvious creativity I think we need to find an outlet / pass somehow. Just feel with Reed sitting back and Pereira in the 10 role we'll let Liverpool play and have no threat on the counter.

Pereira has been a live wire in pre-season and is match fit (practically mid season for him given the time of year the Brazilian league plays) so I'm backing him to cover the ground defensively in the 8 role  as well as offer better passing range and options than Reed, allowing TC to be higher up the pitch and make the sort of passes he did for the goal against Villarreal.

Don't think it's the Marco Silva way to shut up shop and sit deep

That said I'm still not optimistic and under no illusions Liverpool could turn this team over 0-3

Denver Fulham

I assume it will be the same lineup as Villarreal, with the possible exceptions of Solomon for Kebano and if Leno is signed and deemed ready. Hopefully, we're prudent with the ball when we have it.

TheCeiling

Considering he just signed already, is it realistic to expect Leno to start against Liverpool?

I want to hope so.

General

Quote from: TheCeiling on August 02, 2022, 10:50:45 PM
Considering he just signed already, is it realistic to expect Leno to start against Liverpool?

I want to hope so.

Definitely realistic. Silva said for outfield players it could take 4 to 5 weeks to properly get them up to speed, buy if they were a marked improvement then I'd imagine two weeks at the earliest.

In goal though there's a lot less issue as GK is static. Communication and ability to stop shots and command area are key. Leno has two of these things though some arsenal fans have questioned his ability to dominate the box.

LC

Quote from: General on August 02, 2022, 10:56:21 PM

I want to hope so.

Definitely realistic. Silva said for outfield players it could take 4 to 5 weeks to properly get them up to speed, buy if they were a marked improvement then I'd imagine two weeks at the earliest.

In goal though there's a lot less issue as GK is static. Communication and ability to stop shots and command area are key. Leno has two of these things though some arsenal fans have questioned his ability to dominate the box.

I think what he was getting at is that it could take a month to get them fit if they haven't had a preseason or kept themselves in shape- that's what I took from it anyway

General

Quote from: LC on August 02, 2022, 11:04:34 PM
Quote from: General on August 02, 2022, 10:56:21 PM

I want to hope so.

I think what he was getting at is that it could take a month to get them fit if they haven't had a preseason or kept themselves in shape- that's what I took from it anyway

Leno has been with arsenal all pre season. Not sure how many games he's played or when he last played but surely training has much more similarities to real game in goal than outfield.

ken 44

I do not understand why fans are including Ream in our team
for Liverpool game he will get slaughtered by there players.
Klopp will have identified him as a weak link.

hovewhite

Lpool really start a high press from the off so we cant dordle defensively on the ball as if we do we could lose the game in the first 20 minutes.

filham

The big question now is will Leno be ready to face Liverpool or will Rodak be playing his last game for us.

FFC1987

Rodak should start for me. Sentiment aside, he's not done much wrong in pre season and Leno will barely have trained.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: ken 44 on August 03, 2022, 09:38:15 AM

What's your alternative?

bencher

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on August 04, 2022, 08:26:33 AM
Quote from: ken 44 on August 03, 2022, 09:38:15 AM

What's your alternative?

3 at the back presumably?? Pack the midfield to stop them getting near our box. We've seen the false 9, this would be the false 5.

Jules

Quote from: hovewhite on August 03, 2022, 09:46:22 AM
Lpool really start a high press from the off so we cant dordle defensively on the ball as if we do we could lose the game in the first 20 minutes.
This is a very good point. They will be expecting us to play out across the back and will press us a lot. We should counter this by being a little more direct down the channels and moving their defenders out of position. Their full backs push up so there is space in behind. If we dawdle at the back playing suicide balls across our box we will be caught out. We must try and stay in the game as long as possible which means being more direct.