https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Liverpool

Started by Classic94, August 01, 2022, 07:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lordedmundo

Quote from: ken 44 on August 03, 2022, 09:38:15 AM
I do not understand why fans are including Ream in our team
for Liverpool game he will get slaughtered by there players.
Klopp will have identified him as a weak link.

Klopp will have identified our entire team as a weak link - I'm sure he is obsessing less about Tim Ream than many people on this board are!

Ream should play alongside Tosin in a back four, as he did all of last season and in pre-season.  There is no reason to replace him until we bring a better CB in.

rebel

Liverpool's weakness is their 'midfield', their defence / forwards are their strength.

rebel

Quote from: Lordedmundo on August 04, 2022, 09:04:30 AM

Klopp will have identified our entire team as a weak link - I'm sure he is obsessing less about Tim Ream than many people on this board are!

Ream should play alongside Tosin in a back four, as he did all of last season and in pre-season.  There is no reason to replace him until we bring a better CB in.

I don't think that is the case, a bit of a 'sweeping' comment.

If you can frustrate them, then they can 'implode'.

roberto w6

Quote from: Jules on August 04, 2022, 08:36:39 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on August 03, 2022, 09:46:22 AM
Lpool really start a high press from the off so we cant dordle defensively on the ball as if we do we could lose the game in the first 20 minutes.
This is a very good point. They will be expecting us to play out across the back and will press us a lot. We should counter this by being a little more direct down the channels and moving their defenders out of position. Their full backs push up so there is space in behind. If we dawdle at the back playing suicide balls across our box we will be caught out. We must try and stay in the game as long as possible which means being more direct.

Totally agree. We should forget playing out from the back on Saturday - we just don't have the players and the opposition will destroy us. Our aim should be to get the ball as quickly as possible to Palhinha, Perreira or one of the wide players. Mitrovic should stay up front and not bring his marker(s) back to do damage.
We need to do something a bit different that doesn't allow them to settle. If it doesn't look pretty who cares in this game if we get something out of it

rebel

Quote from: roberto w6 on August 04, 2022, 09:16:24 AM
Quote from: Jules on August 04, 2022, 08:36:39 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on August 03, 2022, 09:46:22 AM
Lpool really start a high press from the off so we cant dordle defensively on the ball as if we do we could lose the game in the first 20 minutes.
This is a very good point. They will be expecting us to play out across the back and will press us a lot. We should counter this by being a little more direct down the channels and moving their defenders out of position. Their full backs push up so there is space in behind. If we dawdle at the back playing suicide balls across our box we will be caught out. We must try and stay in the game as long as possible which means being more direct.

Totally agree. We should forget playing out from the back on Saturday - we just don't have the players and the opposition will destroy us. Our aim should be to get the ball as quickly as possible to Palhinha, Perreira or one of the wide players. Mitrovic should stay up front and not bring his marker(s) back to do damage.
We need to do something a bit different that doesn't allow them to settle. If it doesn't look pretty who cares in this game if we get something out of it

Agree, we should play the opposite what that normally do. Totally unexpected. Out fox the Pool.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: bencher on August 04, 2022, 08:35:15 AM
Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on August 04, 2022, 08:26:33 AM

What's your alternative?

3 at the back presumably?? Pack the midfield to stop them getting near our box. We've seen the false 9, this would be the false 5.

We haven't played that formation at all in pre-season and also who would make up the third cb?

roberto w6

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on August 04, 2022, 09:31:35 AM
Quote from: bencher on August 04, 2022, 08:35:15 AM
Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on August 04, 2022, 08:26:33 AM

What's your alternative?

3 at the back presumably?? Pack the midfield to stop them getting near our box. We've seen the false 9, this would be the false 5.

We haven't played that formation at all in pre-season and also who would make up the third cb?

Only option in that format I can think of would be Tete, Tosin, Ream across the middle with Mbabu and Robinson as FB/WB.
In my view , worth considering but I can't see it happening as I've not even seen the formation experimented with.
As well as being one of the most dire games in recent memory, we wasted an opportunity against Villarreal of experimenting with different formations.
I strongly suspect we'll see 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1