https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Leno

Started by alfie, August 02, 2022, 03:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junior white

Quote from: G_Gribby on August 02, 2022, 05:53:04 PM
Quote from: rebel on August 02, 2022, 05:34:13 PM
The problem is that our medicals take 2 days (2 parts), the actual transfer takes 4/5 days.

Facts that!
Rumour has it the medical was started yesterday, most clubs medical state 2 days. Always amazes me how they do it in one day on transfer deadline day lol

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: alfie on August 02, 2022, 05:39:41 PM
Thanks for comments, I posted that in good faith. I have no intention of having arguments or silly spats with anyone, so I am now only going to post stuff that I know to be factually correct and not what I think is happening. I do enjoy being among you as we all have Fulham at heart. Having spent many years working at the club, albeit a long time ago, I still have certain ties, and some of the things I read on hear just make me laugh, and laugh is what I intend to do. COYW.

Welcome back Alfie 👍👍
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Arthur

Quote from: alfie on August 02, 2022, 05:39:41 PM
Thanks for comments, I posted that in good faith. I have no intention of having arguments or silly spats with anyone, so I am now only going to post stuff that I know to be factually correct and not what I think is happening.

My response had nothing to do with whether your post was factually correct. It was the second transfer-related thread of yours in three days and mine was nothing other than a nudge. I accept it was not necessary for me to post. But nor was I being sarcastic.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: alfie on August 02, 2022, 04:27:06 PM
So sorry,
I have returned after a sabbatical away from this board, only to be given a rather sarcastic response I will  make sure I don't post anything else.

Dont be silly.....Nice to see you back Alfie Coyw.

Cookie6262

?s=21&t=XDzNzR0M8AgfZhBPHBF3BA

Dodger53

Please keep posting and laughing Alfie. The spiteful posters probably don't realised they are doing it. COYWs

Dunstable Fulham

Keep posting Alfie - we are all on here because we love Fulham- that doesn't mean we can't disagree on stuff but we should always keep it respectful. For what it's worth it's a shame Leon's not a centre half !

Bal_13

Quote from: alfie on August 02, 2022, 03:14:48 PM
Leno undergoes Fulham medical
Goalkeeper Bernd Leno has been having a medical at Fulham today ahead of his proposed move from Arsenal.
The 30-year-old Germany international has agreed personal terms agreed ahead of his permanent switch to Craven Cottage.
Appreciate the thread Alfie - it means we can discuss Leno signing without posters accusing us of derailing the Silly Season Thread with non-transfer discussion!

Super excited for Leno - in my pre-season optimism he feels like a keeper who could be absolute quality for us for a good few seasons a la Schwarzer (don't want to burden him with a VDS comparison)

General

Absolute steal if true and he's as good as people say.

?t=Yf4p49rI5jv21aBDq5tK0w&s=19

Oakeshott

"he feels like a keeper who could be absolute quality for us for a good few seasons a la Schwarzer (don't want to burden him with a VDS comparison)"

Let's hope so.

Although VDS was great for us, personally I thought MS was better. If Leno is anywhere near as good as either, we will have struck gold.

LC

Quote from: Oakeshott on August 02, 2022, 08:28:44 PM
"he feels like a keeper who could be absolute quality for us for a good few seasons a la Schwarzer (don't want to burden him with a VDS comparison)"

Let's hope so.

Although VDS was great for us, personally I thought MS was better. If Leno is anywhere near as good as either, we will have struck gold.

Mark Schwarzer was a top goalkeeper but Edwin van der Sar was one of the best, if not the best goalkeeper in the world in his prime

MisfitKid

waiting on offal...
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

General

Let's hope so.

Hopefully you won't have to be picking and choosing who he's better than, if he's in the similar/same category as MS, EVDS or Areola than he'll be more than good enough on his own merit and if he stays long term we'll be much better off.

filham

Quote from: MisfitKid on August 02, 2022, 08:49:13 PM
waiting on offal...
If there is nothing about Leno on the OFFAL tomorrow where does that leave us.

MisfitKid

Quote from: filham on August 02, 2022, 09:32:47 PM
Quote from: MisfitKid on August 02, 2022, 08:49:13 PM
waiting on offal...
If there is nothing about Leno on the OFFAL tomorrow where does that leave us.

WAHOO!
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

RaySmith

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 02, 2022, 04:37:15 PM
Quote from: alfie on August 02, 2022, 04:27:06 PM
So sorry,
I have returned after a sabbatical away from this board, only to be given a rather sarcastic response I will  make sure I don't post anything else.

Don't be daft Alfie, cheers for the post. Don't worry about some of these lot.

:plus one:

Welcome  back Alfie.

LC

Quote from: General on August 02, 2022, 08:58:28 PM

Let's hope so.

Hopefully you won't have to be picking and choosing who he's better than, if he's in the similar/same category as MS, EVDS or Areola than he'll be more than good enough on his own merit and if he stays long term we'll be much better off.

Absolutely