watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Getting Players in Early

Started by Roberty, August 05, 2022, 09:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberty

One of the issues with the transfer window is that it does not close until 24 days after the seasons opening game. It has been mentioned as an issue by more than one manager.

I know that we are still pushing our trolley round the player supermarket and that is an issue for the manager and most on here. So it is clear that we will still be bringing players in after the Liverpool game.

BUT

Does anyone think that there is a PL club that will NOT bring in a potentially starting player, after they have played their first PL game ?

I did think maybe Forest but I read this week that Steve Cooper said that they still have a shopping list
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

ALG01

I think every team will continue looking until the last minute.
You never know who might become avaialble that you had not previously considered and if you can afford them and they want to come why not?

But I have no objection to late signings, it's the lack of early ones that is generally at issue.

PeterR

When you are not one of the very top clubs, sometimes you can only do your business after the other clubs have done theirs.

I am hoping that a team near the top of the division signs a few quality centre backs, then find themselves with too many on their books and tries to shift a few at a reduced price before the window closes.