watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Out of curiosity I've ordered a Fulham shirt

Started by Cumbrian White, August 05, 2022, 01:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

I was tempted but in the images I found there was no logo or badge.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: Logicalman on September 11, 2022, 03:36:40 PM
Quote from: Thailand Mick on September 11, 2022, 03:29:11 PM
Quote from: cmg on September 11, 2022, 03:24:33 PM

Probably made in the same sweatshop as the 'real' one.

"You'll work harder with a gun in your back for a bowl of rice a day."
I believe they're made in Vietnam

Funny you say that, might be closer to home mate, this says "Top Thailand Quality" ...

when there was a delay in releasing the new kit along with Leeds it was mentioned there was a problem at the factory in Vietnam. Here in Thailand there are places to buy replica kits that are very good quality, unfortunately they don't have Fulham at the moment.

Tempest

Quote from: _Putney_ on September 11, 2022, 03:07:06 PM
Just be aware, it may be 6500x too big.
Perfect fit, ordered medium and comes up right size

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Tempest

And the itch/rash thing was a joke

Live in Falmouth!

General

Quote from: Cumbrian White on September 10, 2022, 04:57:05 PM
Quote from: Cumbrian White on August 05, 2022, 01:37:50 PM
from a very unofficial website recommended by a client. I'm not someone who buys club clothing & accessories, too old for all that stuff, but this seasons shirt, with Mitro and No9 on the back for less than £15 (inc postage) from the far east. I mean, what could go wrong!

Expecting to receive an item of course but quality etc I have extremely low expectations, but curiosity got the better of me so lets see what, if anything turns up.

So after about 7 weeks the "dodgy" Fulham home top arrived. Honestly, it looks original, its a bit itchy and I've come out in a weird rash but all in in for £14.38, with Mitro and number its bloody good.

As I said, bought this out of curiosity, this top will be made in to a running vest by a client, but if I was someone who wanted/needed the new kit each season, I'd buy for £14.38 rather than £80 or £90 every time.

I just wait until the end of the time the shirt is used and get them in the sale if I like them. I bought last seasons because of the season, the design, wanting a new one but also the sponsor.

This one despite the sponsor looks particularly sharp/good so I may get it.

The last one cost £20 in the sale.

Tempest

This is the dodgy shirt

Live in Falmouth!

Tempest

Accent missing over the C which I've just noticed but then again out the Fulham website it's missing too

Live in Falmouth!

Finnans Right Peg

I have used dh gate plenty of times never had any problems woth the quality

perry geyton

I love bootleg shirts
Especially when they make spelling errors

Logicalman

Quote from: Tempest on September 11, 2022, 06:20:43 PM
Accent missing over the C which I've just noticed but then again out the Fulham website it's missing too

The actual shirt looks quite good tbh, though the accent is definately on the FFC Shop page (See the image posted yesterday from their site), so that seems to be the only major difference to me.

Where does it say it was manufactured, on the inside top back please?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Tempest

Quote from: Logicalman on September 12, 2022, 12:22:01 PM

The actual shirt looks quite good tbh, though the accent is definately on the FFC Shop page (See the image posted yesterday from their site), so that seems to be the only major difference to me.

Where does it say it was manufactured, on the inside top back please?
Says made in Thailand

Live in Falmouth!

Cumbrian White

Quote from: Logicalman on September 12, 2022, 12:22:01 PM

Where you can choose personalised shirts they have Mitro's name without the accent

Tempest

Quote from: Fulham 442 on September 11, 2022, 10:43:04 AM
Quote from: bobbo on September 11, 2022, 09:37:21 AM
( What could go wrong )
Let us know when you wash it , [emoji1787]
:005:
Washes up perfectly, soon to be cut up though to turn into a running vest, always wanted Fulham running gear so this seems to be a good way to do it

Live in Falmouth!

HamsterWheel

Guess if you're happy saving a few quid so that a young kid gets a few cents for working in an unsafe factory....

Thailand Mick

Quote from: HamsterWheel on September 13, 2022, 01:17:00 PM
Guess if you're happy saving a few quid so that a young kid gets a few cents for working in an unsafe factory....
as I am living in Thailand I can tell you first hand that there is little to no health and safety in nearly everything locals do here. When you have children riding around four person on a scooter with no helmits you realise it's a completely different way of life. If people didn't buy these shirts those worker's probably would have even less money to feed their family. I also believe that Fulham's official shirt is made in Vietnam by workers who are also paid peanuts and I doubt their working conditions are anything to write home about. Maybe the manufacturer and club should be charging a reasonable price instead of ripping off the fans every season.

General

Quote from: Thailand Mick on September 13, 2022, 02:37:16 PM
as I am living in Thailand I can tell you first hand that there is little to no health and safety in nearly everything locals do here. When you have children riding around four person on a scooter with no helmits you realise it's a completely different way of life. If people didn't buy these shirts those worker's probably would have even less money to feed their family. I also believe that Fulham's official shirt is made in Vietnam by workers who are also paid peanuts and I doubt their working conditions are anything to write home about. Maybe the manufacturer and club should be charging a reasonable price instead of ripping off the fans every season.

Can second the comments re Thailand. Did some research into migrant labour rights in the country and boils down to them not really having any support/structure or security.

Naturally this has huge knock on effects across both the region and country itself (substance abuse, disability, poor education attitudes and standards and a cheapened economy as well as malnutrition and general poverty, human exploration and more.

Logicalman

Quote from: Thailand Mick on September 13, 2022, 02:37:16 PM

Exactly this, well said.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.