News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Excellent - Fulham v Liverpool post match (merged)

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, August 06, 2022, 02:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokonon

Quote from: Bokonon on August 06, 2022, 02:44:01 PM
Quote from: Tabby on August 06, 2022, 02:32:26 PM
Pereira made a few mistakes, but only in positions where it wouldn't cost much. Impressive work rate closing down from him though, was why Liverpool was having such trouble getting out of defense.
Exactly how I saw Pereira's game too.

Also, Liverpool have taken 0 points of Fulham since 2019, is it?
I was clearly too excited when I wrote this. _Only_ winless against Fulham since 2019.

akf

I was impressed by the way the team played as a team. Loads of cover, great short passing to get out of a jam.  Only one true gaff in the back when Rodak rolled the ball to Tosin... The two goals were unfortunate, but the others that were blocked were just as good as goals for the whites.  Credit to Silva, the staff, and the players. 

I have to say that Robinson impressed me the most.  Of course Mitro was great, but that was anticipated.  I didn't not have as high an expectation for the young Jedi.  He did well in going forward, and handled Salah for most of the game.

hkfulham

The state of Klopp's excuses - '...the pitch was dry".

bog

Quote from: Tabby on August 06, 2022, 02:38:45 PM
Quote from: Nero on August 06, 2022, 02:38:21 PM
The difference between trying to win instead of trying not to lose

Parker would have put Duffy on at half time.

And in goal.  :022:

Holders

A great result that we'd have taken before the game but, probably even more important, a terrific team performance that bodes well. Ok, we need cover/depth in some areas but it's very encouraging.

Now watch out for the Liverpool apologists claiming that it wasn't a penalty and that they hit the woodwork twice. I'll bet it won't get mentioned that Kebano was unlucky not to score off the inside of the post earlier.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

WindyCity

Terrific game!  Very impressed with our new midfielders, they really influenced this game.  And even Solomon, though just short shift, looks really good.  Very hopeful for FFC this year, but, alas that's only just one game.  Just want to keep things realistic, last time in Prem we did take some points off the top clubs, but were miserable v mid/lower table sides.  Somehow I think MS won't let such complacency set in. 

Cheers to a well deserved point v one of the worlds' best teams!!!!

akf

Quote from: Holders on August 06, 2022, 03:09:30 PM
A great result that we'd have taken before the game but, probably even more important, a terrific team performance that bodes well. Ok, we need cover/depth in some areas but it's very encouraging.

Now watch out for the Liverpool apologists claiming that it wasn't a penalty and that they hit the woodwork twice. I'll bet it won't get mentioned that Kebano was unlucky not to score off the inside of the post earlier.

Dont forget the horrific stomp in the buildup to the first goal...

Stoneleigh Loyalist

A little word for Fabio. When he came on he was very quiet and goodness knows how he would have reacted had he scored. I don't think there would  have been any celebrations.

LC

My overall thoughts- this was obviously a great team performance. The back four were great and I thought Rodak and Robinson had good games. Ream was his usual solid self, good performance- hopefully he can maintain that standard as the season goes on. I thought Tosin had a good game but he made a couple of mistakes, one of which led to a goal but he had a good game. Tete also had a good game.

João Palhinha won everything in midfield, I thought he was meant to be slow but he isn't, great performance from him. I thought he looked really good with Reed alongside him in midfield, I think they'll do really well this season together.

Andreas Pereira constantly pressed their defence and had a lot of energy, I think he'll do well for us this season if he continues to put shifts in like that today.

Kebano and BDR caused their defenders a lot of problems, really surprised by their performance today. They can clearly operate at this level. Kebano was unlucky not to get a goal- I think he looks much better on the right.

As for Mitrovic, well he has to be my man of the match, if we discount the goals for one second and just look at his performance, he bullied Liverpool today, not just their defenders, but he also he dropped in deep and gave their midfielders a really tough time as well- his link up play was great. We must keep him fit this season.

All in all a really good team performance, well done. And yes we should have won, but it's a point and a good performance against one of the best teams in the world   

FFC NY

Reed and Palhinha were both excellent today. They are going to be crucial in the way we play this year which makes it vital that we get at least one more CM in as soon as possible that can come on when they tire. Playing at the required intensity for 90 minutes every match is going to be tough and if either gets injured it's not looking good. Let's hope we go back for Hamer and maybe a loan for a second.

colinwhite

superb performance by the team. Perera ,palhnina and reed were superb. Silva got the tactics completely right . Who said he was inflexible coach ?  we played the ball long from our back line so Liverpool couldn't press us and we won most of the second balls . There must be some tired legs in our changing room. Brilliant for Mitro to shut up his critics right from the off.

WindyCity

Quote from: colinwhite on August 06, 2022, 03:33:11 PM
superb performance by the team. Perera ,palhnina and reed were superb. Silva got the tactics completely right . Who said he was inflexible coach ?  we played the ball long from our back line so Liverpool couldn't press us and we won most of the second balls . There must be some tired legs in our changing room. Brilliant for Mitro to shut up his critics right from the off.

Good point about second balls.  I think FFC did very well on 50-50's, especially noticeable in first half.  Did well in that area for the entire game, great team effort and determination.  Very happy with the point.

cmg

Every reason to be proud of our team today.

Pride, commitment, superb organisation and no little skill.

Those newcomers on view did well...And the 'old timers' showed they could hack it at this level. Great move by Silva to make the newbies fight for the jersey.

....And we can do better.

NCSUWhite

Great coach getting the most out of his players. Hopefully we can get more reinforcements who see we have a plan. Hope the next game isn't a let down after leaving it all on the field today.

roberto w6

Just back from the match. What a performance and we could have got all 3 points.

Excellent, really brilliant. The midfield were awsome - Palhinha (total class), Reed (back to his best as he was last time in the PL), Pereira (full of energy and creativity) with BDR and Kebano doing well on the wings. Ream was commanding (so glad for him afdter all the slagging he gets on here), Robinson had a brilliant defensive performance, Tete good too. Rodak looked comfortable and that guy up front did quite a good job too :003:

Another great thing about this result is that they'll go into the next game believing they can win it. And any new arrivals will have to battle for their place which is a fantastic situation for us to be in.

Fantastic performance boys. Well done!

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Kingjay81

I'm so incredibly proud of that performance.  Marco Silva has to take enormous credit. Looking at the teamsheet before the game I was resigned to maybe keeping the defeat respectable.

But with 9 of the players from the championship last season, he had us perfectly organised ( especially first half) yet still able to cause Liverpool all sorts of problems but above all, I just saw a calm assurance about us today that surprised me so much.

So many heroic and skilful performances out there but my man of the match goes to Marco.

Btw Mitro really really is an animal. I'm a very happy man! COYW!!!!!

Rupert

Obviously one swallow does not a summer make, but considering this was a free hit, and we were in for a battering, I believe an unaccustomed sense of optimism on this board is more than justified. Just don't make a habit of it.

The Wolves and Brentford games will be two good indicators of our season. I am not saying we have to win them, though that would be encouraging, but if we can put in the same type of performance against the "lesser" teams then we have a good chance of avoiding difficulties towards the end of the season. Time will tell.

Onwards and upwards!
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

NewYorkYank

Palhinha and Reed were impenetrable in the middle of the field.  That is a foundation for the season.  Everything came down the flanks for Liverpool.