https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Wildfire's

Started by H4usuallysitting, August 08, 2022, 10:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Are happening regularly around London.... don't remember many in 1976

Lighthouse

1976 was not as hot as it has been this year. But it did go on for some time. On saying that it looks as if the weather is warming up this week again.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ChesterTheTabby

Climate change will do that, prepare for more of the same in the coming years and decades sadly. Keep those fires away from the Cottage and Motspur Park!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Holders

I think this will end up being more severe than 1976. It rained on 20th June then not again until August. This year has been drier than that as well as hotter. It's very worrying actually.

And yet irresponsible shops are still selling those portable barbecues!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

jarv

No wildfires up here in the west of Scotland.  I would gladly swap some rain for a bit of sunshine. However, golf course is a magnificent green.

cookieg

My son has just gone to college in Northern California and the Dixie wildfire last year burnt nearly a million acres and lasted three months. There is more of this to come all over the world and we will have to get used to the devastation until the powers that be take climate change seriously.

MikeTheCubed

There's a reason climate alarmists like to start their wildfire charts around 1980 and ignore everything that happened before then.

rebel

Could be a 'Waterworld' scenario, water becoming a 'precious commodity'.

I know there tons out there at the moment, but what if there wasn't?

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I remember in 1976 having to drive through a fire which had spread to both sides of the road on Wimbledon Common.
We were directed by the Fire Brigade but it was scary experience with the heat and smoke.

Twig

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on August 09, 2022, 10:27:08 AM
There's a reason climate alarmists like to start their wildfire charts around 1980 and ignore everything that happened before then.

What, so you aren't alarmed by global warming?

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on August 09, 2022, 10:27:08 AM

Go on....

HV71

Be careful Mike the Cubed and Healey Chapman ...... never be tempted to go on a world cruise ...you will fall off the edge as the world is flat you know . Forget modern science it's a load of tosh . Please do take of yourselves and don't worry about the rest of humanity.

Somerset Fulham

All part of the Great Reset, yeah?

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: HV71 on August 09, 2022, 08:26:07 PM
Be careful Mike the Cubed and Healey Chapman ...... never be tempted to go on a world cruise ...you will fall off the edge as the world is flat you know . Forget modern science it's a load of tosh . Please do take of yourselves and don't worry about the rest of humanity.

The big irony of your laughable straw-man jibe is that the control freaks who are insisting that The $cience™ is settled and that it never be questioned also don't want the luxury of being able to cruise around the world afforded to us peasants.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: rebel on August 09, 2022, 10:53:49 AM
Could be a 'Waterworld' scenario, water becoming a 'precious commodity'.

I know there tons out there at the moment, but what if there wasn't?

Wasn't waterworld about finding land

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on August 09, 2022, 11:15:21 AM
I remember in 1976 having to drive through a fire which had spread to both sides of the road on Wimbledon Common.
We were directed by the Fire B

rigade but it was scary experience with the heat and smoke.

I helped put out one of them fires

Tempest

Guess it depends where you live, plenty of rain, wind and not so much sun in Cumbria.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

HV71

You are of course right Mike the Cubed - I should have produced a more steel-man rather than straw-man argument - as it would have been more environmentally friendly. Glad you are coming round to seeing such benefits and you are so correct in admonishing me. I am clearly a numpty

Dodgin

Trees caught fire this afternoon 80 yards from my house, owner tackled it with hose pipe, before fire engine arrived after twenty minutes.

ChesterTheTabby

Well isn't this a fun thread to read - ready the popcorn!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"