watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Wolves 0 v 0 Fulham Match Thread!

Started by love4ffc, August 13, 2022, 04:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt10

A match we would've loved to win, but settle for a point because we could've lost that one to their early chances. Our lack of attacking quality really cost us not only from scoring, but also being the cause of Wolves' attacks. About 7 times in the first half we gave the ball away in their attacking third. It was just very basic and simple as making a bad pass or choosing to dribble versus a simple pass. In the moments where we could play a ball in the box, we'd opt for a cross vs a low ball against those giant defenders. Just didn't make sense.

Hoping we can get some quality wingers over the line.

Radiowhite

Happy with an away point and clean sheet. Shame about the penalty but I'm not coming away from the match feeling unhappy

itombomb

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on August 13, 2022, 05:04:20 PM
This game showed how lacking in quality we are in attack, Wolves had 5 or 6 players better than Reid and Kebano. We looked suspect at the back too. Obviously Mitro should've scored to give us a very undeserved 3 points.

On the other side, Robinson defended well again.
Robinson was excellent with and without the ball. Tete didn't offer as much with it, but showed yet again how good a defender he is 1 on 1.

Quote from: southwest6 on August 13, 2022, 05:05:59 PM
Will take that. Lack of attacking options a bit of a concern, but all things considered, great start to the season! Loving the Reed & Palhinha duo.

They are very good at closing down and breaking up the opposition's play, but it is a bit problematic for our play with the ball that Reed has the 'box-to-box' role to become the 5th attacked, but is a bit of a dead end when he has the ball.

Forever Fulham

Wolves better than I thought they'd be.  Controlled the ball.  We had our chances, though.  Can't say the refs were particularly biased.  Robinson played well.  Ream good.  Kebano ran hard, fought for everything.  Take the point. 

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Hats off to Ream and all of his critics please note!
Yes he will be replaced but he is an example to all of our players and in that heat!!

rebel

Loads of schoolboy errors, Tosin & Rodak, crashing into each other.

LC

Quote from: itombomb on August 13, 2022, 05:13:38 PM
This game showed how lacking in quality we are in attack, Wolves had 5 or 6 players better than Reid and Kebano. We looked suspect at the back too. Obviously Mitro should've scored to give us a very undeserved 3 points.

Robinson was excellent with and without the ball. Tete didn't offer as much with it, but showed yet again how good a defender he is 1 on 1.

Will take that. Lack of attacking options a bit of a concern, but all things considered, great start to the season! Loving the Reed & Palhinha duo.

They are very good at closing down and breaking up the opposition's play, but it is a bit problematic for our play with the ball that Reed has the 'box-to-box' role to become the 5th attacked, but is a bit of a dead end when he has the ball.

I think this will matter less when all our forward players are back fit

davew

Happy with a point today but we need 2 more attacking PL quality players to be signed with Wilson and Solomon out for quite a while.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Lighthouse

A good result away from home. Especially after the performance against Liverpool where some thought that football is like the computer games they play and we would continue the form. When real life is never like that.

We didn't play well but were never outplayed. Remain undefeated. Although bringing in Stansfield when we have a better forward on the bench seemed odd. But maybe we were just wasting time bring on late subs.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

rebel

Quote from: LC on August 13, 2022, 05:17:48 PM
Quote from: itombomb on August 13, 2022, 05:13:38 PM

I think this will matter less when all our forward players are back fit

We lacked creativity.

bog

I thought we really improved second half and silenced their crowd. A choker with the pen but we didn't lose and a clean sheet.  049:gif

092.gif   

Tabby

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 13, 2022, 05:18:43 PM
A good result away from home. Especially after the performance against Liverpool where some thought that football is like the computer games they play and we would continue the form. When real life is never like that.

We didn't play well but were never outplayed. Remain undefeated. Although bringing in Stansfield when we have a better forward on the bench seemed odd. But maybe we were just wasting time bring on late subs.

Doubt Muniz would be good at playing on the wing and tracking back. The lack of versatility is what hurts his opportunities when we have Mitro as the clear number 1.

RaySmith

I thought it a well fought for point in the end: they had a couple of first half chances, where we rode our luck and we were missing a final decent cross, or final ball, as well as missing a pen - just one of those things, it wasn't that bad a pen, not great either, but the keeper did well.

I could see them scoring after that, especially bringing Traore on - he's done us before in the closing stages, but the lads held out well.

A decent point in difficult conditions.

Onwards and upwards, bring on Brentford.
COYW

H4usuallysitting

We appear to have learnt gamesmanship..... another string to our bow

JEEVES

Tabby

Pereira went off after a knock. Hopefully nothing serious.

SP

If we continue earning a point a game it should be enough to keep us up?

Somerset Fulham

Nothing really outstanding to note, it was all pretty even so I'm happy with that point.

Logicalman

Quote from: SP on August 13, 2022, 05:31:04 PM
If we continue earning a point a game it should be enough to keep us up?

38 pts might be a little too dodgy for my liking!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Pluto

A point is a decent result but the penalty feels like a missed chance to nick a vital win