more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Wolves 0 v 0 Fulham Match Thread!

Started by love4ffc, August 13, 2022, 04:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lordedmundo

Quote from: LittleErn on August 13, 2022, 05:03:41 PM
Mitro looked out of sorts all through the game. Maybe the heat but it is hard to understand what happened to the player who looked so good last week. We really needed a greater presence in the box to take some of the weight off his shoulders. We were also light on the wings, though Kebano improved second half, but a really good performance from the defence and great team spirit.

I thought Mitro was one of our better players to be honest (if you ignore the missed penalty and the fact that he almost got himself sent off!). The players around him were off their game, maybe put it down to the heat - but then again we need more pace on the wings and it is already showing how much we are going to miss Wilson and Solomon.

I'm not going to be overly critical of anyone. The centre midfield did fine. Despite two big mistakes, Tete I thought really battled at right back, Ream was great and Robinson defended and broke well.

A point was the fairest result. We need to play at a higher tempo next Saturday to beat Brentford...

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: SP on August 13, 2022, 05:31:04 PM
If we continue earning a point a game it should be enough to keep us up?

Looking forward to our draws against Man City

hovewhite

Indifferent decision just managed to got a point.

Rambler

I do like the reed Palhinha combination but where it suffers is that reed is in the box to box role doesn't provide any attacking output in the final third and this heaps more pressure on pereira to provide.
Take reeds airkick in the box, great position, no pressure on him and he completely misses it.

ron

Quote from: Pluto on August 13, 2022, 05:34:10 PM
A point is a decent result but the penalty feels like a missed chance to nick a vital win

.....Mitro's body language as he stepped up virtually announced a missed chance of a goal. But then the whole game was a scrappy, bad tempered, heat affected affair that would have been slicker if 15degC cooler.

COYW! We've hit the ground running though despite injury worries.

Luka

Piss poor game of football to watch and I think this could be a regular occurrence this season.
One more point chalked up but we looked tired and much to casual at times. It could have been the heat but it was hot last weekend.
Survival first is the order of the day, so I suppose "job done".

Twig

Not necessarily

Rambler

Can mitro get a retrospective ban for his actions at the end? Or given that it was seen and carded then no further action can be taken?

LC

Quote from: Rambler on August 13, 2022, 05:45:39 PM
Can mitro get a retrospective ban for his actions at the end? Or given that it was seen and carded then no further action can be taken?

I'm not sure if the rules have changed, as they seem to every season now, but if a player is carded then they can't go back and look at it

General

An odd game.

First half we looked completely out of sorts and Wolves threw everything at us. We looked cagey and the worry is it'll embolden the teams coming next. But such is Wolves problems that they're known for not making the most of their chances and are in many ways one of the main out of form sides (though they did finish last season in tenth). I thought Wolves were good value for the first half, their players seemed on it and their front line had quality to find space. They were up for it - wondering if that's a combination of them having lost against Leeds but also this being their first home game of the season.

Second half I thought was pretty even - a promising note that Silva can change things and motivate in a half time talk.

With the penalty, which Mitro uncharacteristically missed, i'd say we shaved it and deserved to just win. In all though a draw was a fair result.

It's a shame that we didn't as with the Lookman penalty against West Ham the last season we were up we've lost points and you can't do that when they're handed to you on the plate in the way they were.

Ream and Reed played the best for us and are my two standouts for MOTM.

Tete was caught out too much - he's great one on one and defending, but his tracking back from being in an advanced position is lazy and it's no good.

Mitro - don't know why but he hardly had any service and Pereira was nowhere to be seen.

BDR I thought worked well, but you take him and Neeskens off and you realise how light we are with squad depth and quality.

Positives to be taken, though I know it doesn't help necessarily - we got a point, the heat was hot and it was an away game, so poorer from a wolves perspective. We're also technically unbeaten now.

Negatives - we are woefully light up front (inc wingers) and in CM/AM. We desperately need someone in for Solomon, Wilson and also cover for Mitro - someone who can mix it up and soon.

Cobh Fulham Fan

Its a funny old situation.  Everyone was delighted with a big draw at home last week while there's no doubt that heads are down this week for drawing away.   

The thing is, we could have won both games but as a glass half full person, Im inclined to take comfort from the fact that we could have equally lost both.

Im sure Silva knows what has to happen next.

General

Quote from: Twig on August 13, 2022, 05:42:37 PM

Not necessarily

Just imagine if we went an entire season unbeaten but still didn't stay up - that'd be a first. Not going to happen though when you see how Man City are dispatching teams.

bod

A boring game really, and we did ok. I liked Palhinha today and Ream keeps confounding his critics. Andreas gave the ball away too often today. Pity about the missed pen.
Happy with a point though.

MickTheBeard

I know i love a moan but again with mitro getting most of our goals we should start scoring around all the squad but we haven't the fire power,midfield dont score enough full backs or wingers dont either.Its been like this for a few years fabios eleven goals will  be missed,and wilson if he can do it in the premier.

Nero

perry geyton

Has anyone here ever tried to play football in 80 degree weather ?
Considering how hot it was we did alright
A decent point

perry geyton

Quote from: bod on August 13, 2022, 06:22:37 PM
A boring game really, and we did ok. I liked Palhinha today and Ream keeps confounding his critics. Andreas gave the ball away too often today. Pity about the missed pen.
I'm not sure how he's starting over TC

Denver Fulham

Quote from: General on August 13, 2022, 05:55:45 PM
Mitro - don't know why but he hardly had any service and Pereira was nowhere to be seen.

Our starting wings are injured and none of BDR, Kebano or Robinson can cross a ball with any consistency. Add in Pereira not clicking yet and Reed being offensively benign, and there's not much for Mitro to work with.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: perry geyton on August 13, 2022, 06:44:24 PM
Quote from: bod on August 13, 2022, 06:22:37 PM
I'm not sure how he's starting over TC

Pereira is our only guy in the front four right now with PL pace. His workrate is vital. Until we bring in additional options, he can't *not* start, IMO.

HV71

My biggest disappointment was Mitro almost getting himself sent off . The tackle was a yellow - the head to head after could have been another. He is , in reality , something like 90 % of our attacking threat. If he gets sent off and banned we are truly screwed . I'm the sure MS will have words - he needs to - star player or not