watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stupid question.

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, August 14, 2022, 09:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

But why hasn't there been any bids for him. (seemingly) or even mentions in "Gossip columns"
Wise Owls can see that if he gets the service, he'll get goals, even against top defenders !!
In recent years he either hasn't played much or hasn't had the service.
Also his all-round game including hold up play, commitment and team work has improved.
Perhaps there's either a "hands off sticker" on him, a "massive fee" or he "loves our love" and is content with life.
Plus he's still only 27.
When you see some bids or sales for some players for huge amounts; compared to most of them, he's a super star.

Don't get me wrong I don't want any offers for him.
This season, he's alreay on target for 40 goals  (an average of a goal a game  :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Nero

think he likes it here again after Parker left, don't think he wants to be backup striker and the money we would want for him dont think clubs would pay it for a backup, plus he likes to be loved

Whitestone

A very intriguing question. Parker had his issues with Mitro or visa versa. Either way it wasn't great for the team. Other than that period Mitro has been superb for Fulham. The negative comments in the media from those that clearly didn't do any research into what went on during our last Premier League season have probably kept potential suitors away, thankfully. Where did all this bo****cks that he can't  score in the Prem come from. The  media conveniently forgot that he outscored players like Rashford and Firmino in the Slav/Ranieri season. Of course he can score in the Prem. The guy is a legend at our club and long may it continue.

The Rational Fan

It was noted by a statistical expert that in the past clubs with fans that criticised their squad/bench players most (ie Newcastle and Sunderland) tended to have huge problems getting good value for players that they wanted off their books. I think Mitro is a perfect example, because he should have recieved better offers.

When I see players as good as Mawson only get a contract with Wycombe and other Championship teams not begging to get Fabri, Christie and Hector, I think the same has happened here. Clubs like Luton would be wise to get Mawson (at the price Wycombe paid), look at Mawson's performance against Leeds, but their DOFs more recurve too much criticism if it went wrong.

The author of this theory said it's far less risky for a professional DOF taking someone with a good reference from the previous clubs fans (eg Ream), than take someone out of favour like Mawson or Hector, even though their are advantages and disadvantages to each signing. A professional DOF objective is offer to avoid taking a risk and looking like an idiot. For example, some how Knockaert and Kongolo didn't generate the criticism that signing Schullre and MLM even though the former were worse decisions.