watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Squad Headroom ....

Started by howitis, August 15, 2022, 11:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

Am I right in thinking that max squad for Premier League team is 25 but you can have extra if players registered as U21.

With a couple of weeks remaining before the end of the transfer window how many additional players can you see us signing.

As a guess if we loan out or sell Kongolo, Bryan, Knockaert, Onomah, Harris, Cavaleiro, Muniz and possibly Francois I think that leaves us with a squad of
21 permitting 4 additional purchases. I have included Stansfield in squad but not sure if he is classified as U21.

Would that be about right ?

From the additional 4 :-

Striker
Striker/Winger
Left Back
CB

Thailand Mick

Quote from: howitis on August 15, 2022, 11:01:48 AM
Am I right in thinking that max squad for Premier League team is 25 but you can have extra if players registered as U21.

With a couple of weeks remaining before the end of the transfer window how many additional players can you see us signing.

As a guess if we loan out or sell Kongolo, Bryan, Knockaert, Onomah, Harris, Cavaleiro, Muniz and possibly Francois I think that leaves us with a squad of
21 permitting 4 additional purchases. I have included Stansfield in squad but not sure if he is classified as U21.

Would that be about right ?

From the additional 4 :-

Striker
Striker/Winger
Left Back
CB
I'm sure I heard Marco say that we are finished defencive wise so I only expect to see midfield and attack strengthened. I also think we should save our loans until January. If we are struggling would be hard to convince someone to join permanently but could get some players from Big clubs on loan that just want game time and if we stay up a chance to sign them.

Tabby

Assuming that the plan is midfielder, winger and striker and sending Muniz and Francois out on loan.

We Are Premier League

If we sign Will, Kulivert and a CM; one out of Francois/Chalobah/Wilson/Solomon will have to be left outside of the squad. Solomon probably since he wont be back before the WC break.

*signing a LB or Striker would assumingly not change the above as they would simply take the spot from Bryan/Muniz, whom would miss out.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: We Are Premier League on August 17, 2022, 02:02:00 PM
If we sign Will, Kulivert and a CM; one out of Francois/Chalobah/Wilson/Solomon will have to be left outside of the squad. Solomon probably since he wont be back before the WC break.

*signing a LB or Striker would assumingly not change the above as they would simply take the spot from Bryan/Muniz, whom would miss out.

Given my rough calculation of the FFP budget, bringing in a new LB or CF would be a like for like replacement, which for Bryan makes no sense, but for Muniz bringing in a similar quality striker with more experience (like Salomón Rondón) might make sense, especially for Muniz development but unless we spend more than we have it won't make much difference to our EPL position.