Main Menu

View from Brentford

Started by terryr, August 16, 2022, 08:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

LC

Not one to make comments like this, but anyone else looking forward to reviewing the comments on Brentford fan forum

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: LC on August 20, 2022, 04:58:45 PM
Not one to make comments like this, but anyone else looking forward to reviewing the comments on Brentford fan forum

I'll be sipping a beer laughing all the way to a good nights sleep!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Bokonon

Quote from: LC on August 20, 2022, 04:58:45 PM
Definitely not. Heaven forfend!

(I usually check opposing club fan forums after every non-loss)

TheCeiling

Any noticeable quotes would be welcomed  :005:

Woolly Mammoth

Their Forum has been locked for some unknown reason. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Tabby

Went and checked and they're overall fairly balanced imo. Many saying that the better team won which is incredibly rare.

TheCeiling

Quote from: terryr on August 20, 2022, 05:36:24 PM
https://griffinpark.org/forums/threads/fulham-3-brentford-2-norgaard-toney.137830/page-8
Their board isn't happy
Credit to them they are fairly objective and some of them even complimenting us, which is pleasant to read. My favorite quote:
"4 points from 3 difficult games is an excellent start"

Lighthouse

Tough result to take if you are on the losing side after coming from 2-0 down. Plus the offside goal was hardly obvious even with VAR. Most fans are pretty honest with a couple full of dislike. The same everywhere. But pretty fair assessment from most.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TheCeiling

Some more quotes I loved:

-"A reality check of what this league is about. Take a couple of teams out of it, everyone else can take points off each other

Much Tougher than last year"

-"We still look good though. Fulham are better than I thought. Hope they stay up because I would enjoy a few more battles at this level and laugh at the pooper scoopers."

Caedal

I know people always wish the worst for our local rivals, but I wouldn't want them relegated (and I'd quite like qpr to come up.) I love a local Derby game, it's exciting to have the games on the calendar

SP

Couldn't resist reporting this pre-match comment:

" To think being a Fulham fan is hardship enough but to endure a whole season getting battered. "

Wrong on so many counts.

hovewhite

They seem pretty fair and still  think it's a setback .

Drewry66

2 0 and you f*#!ed it up was beautifully playing in my mind when Mitro buried that header today! Thanks for coming Brentford.  049:gif

Donnie Lonegan

They've got some arsewipe called Westside who posted this.

QuoteIf your on here blaming the players then f*** you. that didn't feel like a derby today at all. Bottom left hand side first 20 rows all sitting down... you lot were absolute sh*t. All deserve banning orders imo. Fulham away and you sat down for 90 minutes. I don't care if you've got one leg, no legs or a bad back. That was sh*t. Get out of my club. C*nts.

I have no words.

Twig

Quote from: Donnie Lonegan on August 20, 2022, 10:18:31 PM

QuoteIf your on here blaming the players then f*** you. that didn't feel like a derby today at all. Bottom left hand side first 20 rows all sitting down... you lot were absolute sh*t. All deserve banning orders imo. Fulham away and you sat down for 90 minutes. I don't care if you've got one leg, no legs or a bad back. That was sh*t. Get out of my club. C*nts.

I have no words.

He should be banned from their board, complete lowlife. Other than him their reaction is pretty fair.  Let's face it; Brentford, apart from a noisy, shouty minority, are a decent local side enjoying their success at a level they've never known before.  Like the Brentford fan, I hope that both we and they stay up, it makes for a terrific local derby.

Andy S

Rightwhite

Quote from: Donnie Lonegan on August 20, 2022, 10:18:31 PM

I have no words.
Just thank your lucky stars that you ain't filled with this hatred as much as this Penis. Someone give him a  cuddle.

RoyTund

How is calling us 'Putney' mean to be clever or indeed offensive to us?? It's not like it's somewhere awful like Hounslow.

Noticed their 'Fulham relegation 22/23' thread gone quiet. Maybe they should take another look to remind themselves we beat them even though weakened. They seemed to enjoy our bad luck with injuries for Wilson and Solomon.