News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

American Fofers, reading slim like Jim prompted the following question...

Started by jarv, January 06, 2011, 02:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duffbeer

Quote from: finnster01 on January 07, 2011, 06:22:18 PM
So many bacons, and so little time... :dft001:

Have you tried a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich since you've been in the US?  One of the best sandwiches there is.  I'm not much of a bacon eater, but I love this sandwich.

finnster01

Quote from: duffbeer on January 07, 2011, 06:30:56 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on January 07, 2011, 06:22:18 PM
So many bacons, and so little time... :dft001:

Have you tried a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich since you've been in the US?  One of the best sandwiches there is.  I'm not much of a bacon eater, but I love this sandwich.
A BLT is very much standard fare at the typical NY Deli.

In fact it is a bit of a life saver, because I have not mastered the art of being able to order a custom sandwich in time without getting yelled at by the server. The soup nazi in Seinfeld has nothing on these guys. They are brutal. :dft006:

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AmericanJames

[/quote]

In fact it is a bit of a life saver, because I have not mastered the art of being able to order a custom sandwich in time without getting yelled at by the server. The soup nazi in Seinfeld has nothing on these guys. They are brutal. :dft006: [/size]

[/quote]

Just try the house specialty especially if its corn beef or pastrami its worth it.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

jarv

Brilliant.....hot pastrami snadwich, closest you can bet to a decent bacon buttie. I forgot about that one.

jarv

Mr Duff,

Horseshoe pub in Hudson, know it well, been there a lot.
A few years ago it was a 'pub", looked like one, smelt like one with a fine range of beer. Frequented by many brits from miles around. However, after the demise of some local computer companies (digital, stratus, data general), many brits sauntered off back to Bristol, Peterborough, Reading etc. The owner then decided to change it into another American bar/restaurant. The result was it became more like a well lit hairdressing salon with really uncomfortable bar stools around chest high tables. I kept going, especially when I needed a pint of LONDON PRIDE or YOUNG's SPECIAL. As time went by, more often than not it was off. OK, speckled hen will do,  sorry that's off too! OK, John Smith's ( a poor substitute) sorry that's off too. Guiness, fine!

As time has gone by, I used it less and less. It still does well though, sells lots of Budweiser I believe.

GoldCoastWhite

There's something called "Cottage bacon" and you've all just glossed over it ? Shameful !

I think I'll have bacon, egg and avocado sandwich for lunch shortly after devouring this thread. Middle bacon, from Victoria I think but packaging states "made from local and imported ingredients" love that get out clause...local free range egg, avo probably hails from Queensland and bread is some run of the mill wholemeal. Later (no sod that, it's 1pm) I'll wash it down with a Pepperjack Hand Crafted Ale. Bought a 6 pack last night and looking forward to sampling it. Cheers !

GoldCoastWhite

Well it seems the sandwich morphed into a BLEAT ! Bacon, lettuce, egg, avo and tomato and a mighty fine creation it is too. I think the ale will have to wait until I've finished masticating.  :024:

McBridefan1

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on January 07, 2011, 03:31:34 AM
By the way, it's so nice to say my old New Hampshachussets mate, McDad69Fan back on the wires.  Always miss him when he goes quiet on us.  But he is prone to molesting your friends and relatives on Facebook every now and then.  But I pass him off as my eccentric cousin who spent some time away.
Nogood "end to end stuff here, isit" Boyo

Ha ha nogood leering your king, eh Anna?

McBridefan1

just try and find a meal better than a good old fashioned New England Clam bake... Lobstah, steamers, corn and chowdah... you're a real pissah ... this guy has been buying all proccessed foods and he wonders why they suck?  :hook:   :red:

finnster01

Quote from: McBridefan1 on January 08, 2011, 11:51:34 PM
just try and find a meal better than a good old fashioned New England Clam bake... Lobstah, steamers, corn and chowdah... you're a real pissah ... this guy has been buying all proccessed foods and he wonders why they suck?  :hook:   :red:
Maybe he doesn't like getting in the caaaah?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

McBridefan1

Quote from: finnster01 on January 08, 2011, 11:54:12 PM
Quote from: McBridefan1 on January 08, 2011, 11:51:34 PM
Maybe he doesn't like getting in the caaaah?

then he should walk his aahs to a stowa, he claims to be in such good shape... no one lives through 22 new england wintahs and stays fatless I call bull shlt... have a shmoke and (rabbit wearing) a pancake  :airfix: