News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Crawley Town vs Fulham Post Match thread (Merged)

Started by ffcthereligion, August 23, 2022, 07:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

Quote from: roberto w6 on August 24, 2022, 10:49:39 AM
Whatever the value of the LC as a competition and whatever the team selection, this result will have a bad internal impact on morale over the next couple of days which is not what we need going into a match away to Arsenal.

My view is that it was all so unnecessary. Why have we taken this dogmatic position to exclude Cav, Knokheart and Onomah from everything and loan out Muniz when we are so desperate for cover in their positions? Not smart until we have proven replacements physically in the building, and if all of those had been playing with a massive point to prove I suspect last night's result could have been different and we'd be going into Saturday with a more positive outlook and with more proven cover on the bench.

Silva's job is now much harder for Saturday even if those involved last night will not feature against Arsenal because that result will have dampened the mood around the whole place.

I don't think that's the case, Silva picked the team, he knows that there is the possibility of an adverse result.

New players, almost 'zero' game time, under 21 players, not played at that level, these are all material factors.
Part of his team selection is protecting players, that's why none of the starters from last Saturday started.

H4usuallysitting

Don't think Arsenal need to field a team at this stage of the cup.....no, not a great result - but our only priority is the league.....if we get anything on Saturday it'll be a result

White Knight

Quote from: Thailand Mick on August 24, 2022, 10:48:13 AM
Isn't great to have a manager that doesn't make excuses and congratulates the opposition team on their performance.

I do not think Marco had much choice, i thought the performance was dire as the result confirmed.

cmg

Isn't it great to have a manager that doesn't make excuses and congratulates the opposition team on their performance.

Silva has a lot to learn if he aspires to top manager status.
I was shocked to read his post-match comments.
Polite, realistic, generous to opponents, accepting failures of self and players...etc.
No mention of inadequate facilities, underfoot conditions, referees myopia, slings (and/or arrows) of outrageous fortune...etc.
The very least he could have done was headbutted Kevin Betsy when he offered his hand.
At this rate he will establish himself as a proper human being.

SP

How ironic if Crawley are thrown out of the completion due to the pitch invasion so we can field another cobbled together team in the next round.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: cmg on August 24, 2022, 03:23:40 PM
Isn't it great to have a manager that doesn't make excuses and congratulates the opposition team on their performance.

Silva has a lot to learn if he aspires to top manager status.
I was shocked to read his post-match comments.
Polite, realistic, generous to opponents, accepting failures of self and players...etc.
No mention of inadequate facilities, underfoot conditions, referees myopia, slings (and/or arrows) of outrageous fortune...etc.
The very least he could have done was headbutted Kevin Betsy when he offered his hand.
At this rate he will establish himself as a proper human being.

Hahaha well done
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: SP on August 24, 2022, 03:34:14 PM
How ironic if Crawley are thrown out of the completion due to the pitch invasion so we can field another cobbled together team in the next round.

Is that even 1)possible? And 2) if so, I hope we decline it. We don't deserve another round. Crawley earned it.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Huxley

Hilarious reading all the comments on social media by people that bet on a Fulham win. If you knew anything about football you would realise it would a 2nd string Fulham side and used a match for fitness and rotation. Yes that team on paper could have  and probably should have won, but thts football.

SP

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on August 24, 2022, 03:35:54 PM
Quote from: SP on August 24, 2022, 03:34:14 PM

Is that even 1)possible? And 2) if so, I hope we decline it. We don't deserve another round. Crawley earned it.

I don't think it's possible & hope it's not. Although, the authorities do seem to penalise soft targets so I expect some sort of suspended fine?

MickTheBeard

Muniz loan i have lead to believe by middlesborough was an ultimatum that they had waited long enough for the loan and worried about loosing out like we have in this window.But its also to get him up to scratch he has been showboating for a year also if we dont stay up mitro might not stay and if we do buy another forward and mitro has final payday and muniz improves we will have mitro money and 2 forwards to get promoted again and money to spare,not for the cape crusader to waste this time tonkey stay away and also send silva to scouting school some good players bought but some like at crawley were bad especially chalobah mothing last year and looking worse this year.

St Eve

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 24, 2022, 08:29:57 AM
What about the supporters who spent money and turned up last night to support the team who were subjected to a pathetic gutless performance, that is not good enough.
It's a competition and you are meant to compete, the players are professionals allegedly and in general they performed without any pride, that is inexcusable.
If your going to lose at least go down fighting.
So the players let themselves down, let each other down, let the supporters down and let the club down.

That is indefensible and any apologists for them need to think before they write such a diatribe of defeatism.
absolutely correct. Some of those players should be shipped out immediately. If they don't want to at least try then go

Twig

Quote from: Penfold on August 24, 2022, 09:44:38 AM
Quote from: perry geyton on August 23, 2022, 11:46:44 PM
It's the most irrelevant tournament in football and should be abolished along with the Europa cup

Is that the Europa Cup Fulham got to the final of?

I assume that you attended none of the the fixtures due to it being a waste of time?

Spot on. That cup run gave us some of our most abiding great memories of Fulham. I attended several matches home and overseas and never regretted the investment of time and money. A wonderful experience that can still bring a lump to my throat.

Thailand Mick

Wow how some people forget so quickly, we were in Crawley's position once apon a time desperate for a  cup run to generate some money and improved moral within the club. Hoping against hope we would draw a big team at home and defeat them so that we could feel that sense of elation and pride in our club. This competition gives those small clubs this opportunity and some fans want to take that away from them. I for one will never forget where we came from at our lowest point.

Twig

Quote from: Thailand Mick on August 25, 2022, 06:01:23 AM
Wow how some people forget so quickly, we were in Crawley's position once apon a time desperate for a  cup run to generate some money and improved moral within the club. Hoping against hope we would draw a big team at home and defeat them so that we could feel that sense of elation and pride in our club. This competition gives those small clubs this opportunity and some fans want to take that away from them. I for one will never forget where we came from at our lowest point.

Well said.